JRique
    JRique's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Bad experience with Pinnacle

Hello,

I have a sad situation about Pinnacle to complaint, I have made my first deposit of 220 USD to bet in the Australian Open last month, I have turned it to 550 USD, betting something like 3x this inicial deposit. After it I made a second deposit of 550USD last wednesday, have betting more then 1200 USD after it.

Now I have made a withdraw request of 1000 USD and Pinnacle denied to pay me because they say that my second deposit was unnecessary? When you go to the cashier and try to make a deposit they did not say anything, but when you try to withdraw they come with this history of a unnecessary deposit, how is that?

I am pretty disappointed with this sports book, so bad situation.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

So basically you had $550 in your account and deposited another $550 and wanted to withdraw the full amount?

You did say you put $1200 in action. It may of been "unnecessary" but I don't see any reason they would deny it. Unless of course there is a little more to the story.

File a complaint at SBR and we will look into it.

JRique

Hi John, I already did.

I had a 550 USD balance in my account and deposit more 500 USD to bet in live lines in Davis Cup, but they did not offered it. That is my fault to not ask before, nothing to complaint about that.

After it I made wagers of about 1200 USD, betting between 25 ~ 200 USD each time. The costumer support says that my second deposit was unnecessary because I did not made a wager that would use it entirely, like 600USD in a simple bet, and suggest me to withdraw the full amount like that:

Your next wager(s) should be made is such a way that it includes the balance plus the additional deposit amounts before winnings. This would allow a full balance withdrawal without 5% processing fees.

This must be a joke, they did not know nothing about banking management? I looked for their ToS and couldn't find it anywhere, now the option that they did is to incur in 5% procession fee to receive my money, I really don't think it is reasonable as I have wagered almost 10x the first deposit and 3x the second deposit, there is no sense in this statement.

I could have simple withdraw my previous balance before I made a second deposit, like withdraw 550 USD and deposit 1050 USD, and now I would be free to take my money, but as I left it in Pinnacle account now they want to charge me processing fee's? Thats really abusive.
    Last edited by JRique; 02-01-14 at 07:52 AM.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    So basically you had $550 in your account and deposited another $550 and wanted to withdraw the full amount?

You did say you put $1200 in action. It may of been "unnecessary" but I don't see any reason they would deny it. Unless of course there is a little more to the story.

File a complaint at SBR and we will look into it.
    John, I remember reading they did the same thing to poster Bracerman. There are countless reasons why a guy adds to his balance before certain events etc. As long as he rolls it, it is petty and ridiculous that Pinny does this to collect a few fees and alienate a customer.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27678

They did this to me also.

You can withdraw your previous balance, plus winnings for free.

Then you need to roll the new deposit(s) 1x, and you can then withdraw each new deposit (plus winnings) that was deemed unnecessary.

This seemed reasonable to me because I had deposited quite a bit in 4 different deposits when Skrill abandoned Canadians, even though I had 10k in Pinny already at that time.

The fees are only applied if you insist on taking out the unnecessary deposits also, they notified me in advance and gave me options.

They explained to me that any rollover you do does not count on the unnecessary deposits if your entire previous balance is not in action.

Withdraw your first deposit plus the winnings from that.

Then do the rollover on the second deposit. Most books have 1x rollover on all deposits, pretty standard.

I was able to withdraw my first 'deemed unnecessary' deposit plus winnings 2 days ago to Inst aDebit, without fee being charged.
    Last edited by Krashman; 02-01-14 at 12:46 PM.

brankica023
    brankica023's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4675

Its not uncommon for bookies to do it,most of them require that you bet min 1 time your deposit,so if you make last deposit of 550 then you just need to play it once and you can withdraw.I had same situation with expekt once and willhill i think.

JRique

Quote Originally Posted by brankica023 View Post
    Its not uncommon for bookies to do it,most of them require that you bet min 1 time your deposit,so if you make last deposit of 550 then you just need to play it once and you can withdraw.I had same situation with expekt once and willhill i think.
    Brankica, the problem is I have played something like 3 times, or 1500 USD, after the second deposit was made but they arbitrary say that I used the money of the first deposit not the second, this can't be serious, a book that deal with millions of dollars every hour begging for a couple dollar fees.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1288

u need to rollover deposits 1x before you can cashout or you have to pay 5% fee.

Its simple and not uncommon.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    u need to rollover deposits 1x before you can cashout or you have to pay 5% fee.

Its simple and not uncommon.
    he did. they aren't counting the amount he wagered after the second deposit as rollover though.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

You have to keep last deposit and winnings of any bets placed after the second deposit.

Just ask they how much you can withdrawl and keep the remain (also ask how much you need or remain to roll to avoid fees).

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27678

I believe they started this policy because Skrill (Moneyb ookers) would run specials where you got extra cashback rewards for every deposit you made into a book.

Players were depositing without need and then cashout right away.

Seems this costs Pinny time and money...

I had no problem with the policy since I routinely wager a lot at Pinnacle anyway.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Im sure it was done because someone was scamming. i mean shit how else are rules made?

brankica023
    brankica023's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4675

He didnt do rollover on his second deposit,you can make 100x rollover on first deposit and if you didnt make 1x on second you cant withdraw your money.

JRique

Quote Originally Posted by brankica023 View Post
    He didnt do rollover on his second deposit,you can make 100x rollover on first deposit and if you didnt make 1x on second you cant withdraw your money.
    The fact is after I made the second deposit I have wagered more then 1500 USD, or 3x the second deposit value, but for Pinnacle I have used the money of the first deposit when I placed the wagers as I did not place one wager that use my previous balance completely and a part of the second.

Today I receive an email from Pinnacle support telling that they will make a exception this time allowing me to withdraw the balance without paying the fees and will review the way this statement is informed to clients as you can't find it anywhere on their website.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Same thing happened to me, I had 5-6 pending bets and had 70E left in the account. I deposited 2000E more to bet but in the meantime the odds changed and the price was better at SBO. When I tried to withdraw few days later they did not let me because few of my pending bets won and according to them it was not necessary to deposit more even within those few days between the deposit and withdrawal I have bet at least 5000-6000E.
    So I withdrew everything but the 2000 and continued to bet with that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JRique