Jbaby97
    Jbaby97's Avatar Become A Pro!

take the free play, you lost and now are complaining. I don't get people

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    oh shoot, i copied and pasted the wrong thing.

Message: According to our Proposition department, line was left open still accepting wagers because when it was supposed to start these two players were still warming up, even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. Heritage Sports.
    I'm normally with the books, but this is fukkin horse crap.

If it is not a live wager, stating that they still accept bets after the start of the match is a heaping load of shit. I don't care if OP is a shot taker, he would have been free-rolled here and EVERYONE knows that. I understand that its tough for the books, but this is the reason why you have to take lines down when things go off.

Go on heritage live-chat right after tip off of the OKC game, once the score is like 2-0 OKC, still super early, but really has no bearing on the game, and ask if you can make a wager on the first half, they will fukkin laugh at you.

This is pure theft on Heritage's part.

tto827

Now seeing you were offered a $50 FP, only Heritage knows whether you are a shot-taker or a square, and if they are willing to give you a FP, they think you are the latter, in which case they should have returned your bet in full. But for the $20 we are discussing here, you should have taken the FP and moved on.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chronology of me being screwed over

1. While the wager is still in play with no advantage or disadvantage, the rep through chat tells me that the match will be voided
    "[Tim] Thank you for contacting Heritage Sports, how may I help you today? [451392] Hi I mistakenly bet on a tennis match that already started [451392] ccan you please void those bets [Tim] the bet will be reviewed by our lines department, if indeed it was a past posted wager, it will be deemed no action[451392] 56397610-1, 56397616-1, 56397628-1, 56397634-1"

2. After not voiding the wager, I get suspicious and contact them through their messaging system

"This game started at 6:30am PST, your wager was accepted at 6:28am therefore your wager stands, if you have any doubt please contact our Wagering department at 1-800 *** ****)

3. Than I complain and show them on flashscore com and through other sources that the match did indeed begin at 8:20 and not 8:30.
    They respond with
    "This is not an official source of information, for wagering purposes this game started at 6:30am PST. All wagers stands."

4. I
    get upset so I actually call them - and on the phone the rep talks with the tennis grading department and confirms that I was right and they were wrong I talk to the supervisor who keeps yelling at me and doesnt even allow me to speak, when I tell her I have evidence - she just hangs up on me. In about a couple minutes, they then sent me this message
    "According to our Proposition department, line was left open still accepting wagers because when it was supposed to start these two players were still warming up, even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. "

5. Now I'm pretty upset because they just lied to me, was rude on the phone and just furious overall
    I came on to SBR and everyone grilled me as well calling me a shot taker, which is just making me more upset. I'm not trying to start a fight.

Is there some flaw with this saying that they would void my bets than deciding not to when they realized they just made money off of me?

I'm in central time and they grade things in Pacific Time so thats why I'm saying 8:** and they are saying 6:**
    Last edited by pokerwhiz90; 04-24-13 at 02:59 PM.

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post

If it is not a live wager, stating that they still accept bets after the start of the match is a heaping load of shit. I don't care if OP is a shot taker, he would have been free-rolled here and EVERYONE knows that. I understand that its tough for the books, but this is the reason why you have to take lines down when things go off.

Go on heritage live-chat right after tip off of the OKC game, once the score is like 2-0 OKC, still super early, but really has no bearing on the game, and ask if you can make a wager on the first half, they will fukkin laugh at you.

This is how I feel.... does noone else see this as well?

pokerwhiz90

Now seeing you were offered a $50 FP, only Heritage knows whether you are a shot-taker or a square, and if they are willing to give you a FP, they think you are the latter, in which case they should have returned your bet in full. But for the $20 we are discussing here, you should have taken the FP and moved on.

Yeah I'm probably a square... but I've been making money on tennis lately.

tto827

Yeah I'm probably a square... but I've been making money on tennis lately.
    Nothing wrong with that, almost all of us here are. I was just pointing out that if Heritage thought you were a shot taker, and were trying to take advantage of them, then they would have likely banned you, and definitely not offered a FP.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

what a coincidence that he discovered the game was already in progress THE EXACT MOMENT HIS GUY GOT BROKEN BACK IN THE 1ST SET.

Perhaps this guy is unlucky and he has gotten hit by lightning 10 times on a golf course.. His player was up a break in the 1st Set humming along... AS SOON AS HE GOT BROKEN THE OP DISCOVERED THE GAME WAS ALREADY IN PROGRESS. (3-3)

Think about it a little bit. We're just going by what makes sense and the information we're told.

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

1. While the wager is still in play with no advantage or disadvantage, the rep through chat tells me that the match will be voided
    "[Tim] Thank you for contacting Heritage Sports, how may I help you today? [451392] Hi I mistakenly bet on a tennis match that already started [451392] ccan you please void those bets [Tim] the bet will be reviewed by our lines department, if indeed it was a past posted wager, it will be deemed no action[451392] 56397610-1, 56397616-1, 56397628-1, 56397634-1"
    OMFG, they never said they would void it. Once again you're trying to make heritage look bad. You are proving your own stupidity. I actually thought Heritage told you quote on quote that they would void your bet
    Nice try buddy, take the free play and run. Don't pull this shit again.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

2. After not voiding the wager, I get suspicious and contact them through their messaging system

"This game started at 6:30am PST, your wager was accepted at 6:28am therefore your wager stands, if you have any doubt please contact our Wagering department at 1-800 *** ****)

3. Than I complain and show them on flashscore com and through other sources that the match did indeed begin at 8:20 and not 8:30.
    They respond with
    "This is not an official source of information, for wagering purposes this game started at 6:30am PST. All wagers stands."

4. I
    get upset so I actually call them - and on the phone the rep talks with the tennis grading department and confirms that I was right and they were wrong I talk to the supervisor who keeps yelling at me and doesnt even allow me to speak, when I tell her I have evidence - she just hangs up on me. In about a couple minutes, they then sent me this message
    "According to our Proposition department, line was left open still accepting wagers because when it was supposed to start these two players were still warming up, even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. "

5. Now I'm pretty upset because they just lied to me, was rude on the phone and just furious overall
    I came on to SBR and everyone grilled me as well calling me a shot taker, which is just making me more upset. I'm not trying to start a fight.

Is there some flaw with this saying that they would void my bets than deciding not to when they realized they just made money off of me?

I'm in central time and they grade things in Pacific Time so thats why I'm saying 8:** and they are saying 6:**
    What you're failing to mention is that you bet FOUR TIMES on Kavcic after he was up a break in the first set. So stop that bs about your WAGERS not beng in advantage or disadvanage. As of that second you became a past poster. This is where you're losing everyone... do you understand that? You then contacted Heritage as Kavcic inevitably gave the break back as most rational people knew he would. You didn't contact them before your FOUR PAST POST BETS were in danger. It was after. Stay true to the story and you might gain more fans.

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by Brebos View Post
    OMFG, they never said they would void it. Once again you're trying to make heritage look bad. You are proving your own stupidity. I actually though Heritage told you quote on quote that they would void your bet

"the bet will be reviewed by our lines department, if indeed it was a past posted wager, it will be deemed no action"

​what are you talking about - if that doesnt mean they will void it, than what does it mean?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    what a coincidence that he discovered the game was already in progress THE EXACT MOMENT HIS GUY GOT BROKEN BACK IN THE 1ST SET.

Perhaps this guy is unlucky and he has gotten hit by lightning 10 times on a golf course.. His player was up a break in the 1st Set humming along... AS SOON AS HE GOT BROKEN THE OP DISCOVERED THE GAME WAS ALREADY IN PROGRESS.

Think about it a little bit. We're just going by what makes sense and the information we're told.
    Quite possible he did it for that reason, but that is 100% irrelevant. A past-posted bet should be cancelled regardless, I was on the fence until I read Heritage state
    "even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. Heritage Sports."

Not a statement I would expect from a respected book like Heritage, that's a statement you'd expect from a scam book.

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What you're failing to mention is that you bet FOUR TIMES on Kavcic after he was up a break in the first set. So stop that bs about your WAGERS not beng in advantage or disadvanage. As of that second you became a past poster. This is where you're losing everyone... do you understand that? You then contacted Heritage as Kavcic inevitably gave the break back as most rational people knew he would. You didn't contact them before your FOUR PAST POST BETS were in danger. It was after. Stay true to the story and you might gain more fans.
    Dude if I won the bet, than they would have voided it. This is ridicuous

tto827

OMFG, they never said they would void it. Once again you're trying to make heritage look bad. You are proving your own stupidity. I actually thought Heritage told you quote on quote that they would void your bet
    Nice try buddy, take the free play and run. Don't pull this shit again.
    Heritage says "if indeed it was a past posted wager, it will be deemed no action"

It was found to be past-posted, and they did not void it.

This is all assuming the match had started, which it seems Heritage has already admitted.

tto827

Shari he may very well be a shot taker, but if this wasn't his first time, or Heritage thought he was a risk at all, they would have banned him on the spot, no?

Also... Please don't tell me SBR allows an A book get away with lines like this "even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. Heritage Sports."

That is downright embarrassing.

I may be wrong if the match truly wasn't a past-post, but it seems all accept that it was. Either ban the player or admit your mistake are the books only real options here, doesn't seem like much of a discussion is to be had.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post

Perhaps this guy is unlucky and he has gotten hit by lightning 10 times on a golf course.. His player was up a break in the 1st Set humming along... AS SOON AS HE GOT BROKEN THE OP DISCOVERED THE GAME WAS ALREADY IN PROGRESS. (3-3)

Sad thing is poker's saying they offered him a $50 freeplay. Really disappointed in them for doing that. Anyone has any doubts about this case, go look at Flashscore for the play by play. If you poker miractulously asked for FOUR voided bets after past betting on and past posting on the player who was UP A BREAK then you should buy a Powerball ticket. Bloody ridiculous.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quite possible he did it for that reason, but that is 100% irrelevant. A past-posted bet should be cancelled regardless, I was on the fence until I read Heritage state
    "even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. Heritage Sports."

Not a statement I would expect from a respected book like Heritage, that's a statement you'd expect from a scam book.
    This ... in OP's case this statment translates into: "we know the match started, we know the score is 2-0 for the underdog, we know the odds for the first set winner changed big time, but we are ok with it if you bet the underdog to win the first set" ... no way a book like Heritage says that in a normal situation

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    This ... in OP's case this statment translates into: "we know the match started, we know the score is 2-0 for the underdog, we know the odds for the first set winner changed big time, but we are ok with it if you bet the underdog to win the first set" ... no way a book like Heritage says that in a normal situation

In the past, heritage would return the bet and offer a 200 or even a 500 dollar free play according to some of my friends.... i dont know what happened

Brebos

Nvm, just take the free bet man, 50 bucks ain't worth the hassle

pokerwhiz90

Yeah but are we talking about bets placed after 8:20 (so after the game started) or before 8:20. I'm thinking guy placed his bet before 8:20, saw that the game didn't start at 8:30, looked at the score and decided he wanted out. I think it depends on when he placed his bet.
    Yo Brebos - the sbr forum mod came onto this thread to clear this up, my first wager was at 8:24 and the last one was at 8:28...

shari91

Shari he may very well be a shot taker, but if this wasn't his first time, or Heritage thought he was a risk at all, they would have banned him on the spot, no?

Also... Please don't tell me SBR allows an A book get away with lines like this "even after the game started there was only 1 or 2 games played which was considered acceptable to still to able to receive wagers on it. Heritage Sports."

That is downright embarrassing.

I may be wrong if the match truly wasn't a past-post, but it seems all accept that it was. Either ban the player or admit your mistake are the books only real options here, doesn't seem like much of a discussion is to be had.
    Deemer I'm not getting it into it with you. I'm sick and the amount of times you've used the word "embarrassing" leads me to believe you're suffering a bit of Tourettes when it comes to SBR.The past 2 years I'm solely a tennis bettor and haven't bothered with other sports. However I've been betting this sport since I was a kid and even though Heritage isn't a SBR Book (OMFG, SHOCK HORROR) you've got guys from across the world saying what poker did is whoreshit and I agree. There's a reason there is no SBR affiliation in my avatar - when I speak as always it's on behalf of myself only.

tto827

Yeah but are we talking about bets placed after 8:20 (so after the game started) or before 8:20. I'm thinking guy placed his bet before 8:20, saw that the game didn't start at 8:30, looked at the score and decided he wanted out. I think it depends on when he placed his bet.
    Agreed, but if he did place the bet after 8:20, then this stinks all the way to the unflushed toilet.

pokerwhiz90

Agreed, but if he did place the bet after 8:20, then this stinks all the way to the unflushed toilet.
    SBR Forum confirmed it... it was from 8:24 to 8:28...

Brebos

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    shut up bitch. man up
    Boy that escalated quickly

tto827

Deemer I'm not getting it into it with you. I'm sick and the amount of times you've used the word "embarrassing" leads me to believe you're suffering a bit of Tourettes when it comes to SBR.The past 2 years I'm solely a tennis bettor and haven't bothered with other sports. However I've been betting this sport since I was a kid and even though Heritage isn't a SBR Book (OMFG, SHOCK HORROR) you've got guys from across the world saying what poker did is whoreshit and I agree. There's a reason there is no SBR affiliation in my avatar - when I speak as always it's on behalf of myself only.
    Hope you feel better, guess we will have to agree to disagree here, I rarely bet tennis so its not worth arguing with you.

But if this were a basketball game, and he bet OKC when they were leading 2-0 (on an original line, not a live-line), then Durant and Westbrook both get injured, and he goes to live-chat, and asks for a the bet to be voided. It should not be voided because he complained, it should have been voided from the get-go.

Again, hope you feel better.

Brebos

Yep, if that's the case Heritage got some explaining to do.

shari91

SBR Forum confirmed it... it was from 8:24 to 8:28...
    Of course it was. Right when Kavcic got his break. WTF mate, seriously now stop.

pokerwhiz90

I guess Heritage was sick of getting their book bashed on their thread - they are kicking me out and giving me my wager back. Can't believe this, I told them that I wanted to stick with them but they decided to kick me out.....

looneytunes
    looneytunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

In the past, heritage would return the bet and offer a 200 or even a 500 dollar free play according to some of my friends.... i dont know what happened
    I don't know what happened? according to my friends? take a break, its going south on you.

pokerwhiz90

where should i bet at guys - i need tennis lines, and flexibility in buying points, live lines, and fast cheap payout

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by looneytunes View Post
    I don't know what happened? according to my friends? take a break, its going south on you.
    lol man im just saying in the past they were quick to accept fault, but now they are fighting over 50 dollars... when they have thousands of dollars of more problems... this says a lot

tto827

You can't complain about that... the stake should have been returned, and it was their discretion on how to deal with you in the future. Whether you were attempting to screw them, or got unluckily lumped in with the cheats, doesn't really matter.

All that matters is they returned your stake. Not the best move to only boot you for calling them out, but that's also their decision.

Take your business to 5dimes or bookmaker/DSI if you are a US citizen.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

where should i bet at guys - i need tennis lines, and flexibility in buying points, live lines, and fast cheap payout
    Don't go to 5dimes. You won't get along with tony

Brebos

Of course it was. Right when Kavcic got his break. WTF mate, seriously now stop.
    I wan't to believe him but I just can't

shari91

Hope you feel better, guess we will have to agree to disagree here, I rarely bet tennis so its not worth arguing with you.

But if this were a basketball game, and he bet OKC when they were leading 2-0 (on an original line, not a live-line), then Durant and Westbrook both get injured, and he goes to live-chat, and asks for a the bet to be voided. It should not be voided because he complained, it should have been voided from the get-go.

Again, hope you feel better.
    Ah I hear you. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying if it were in that situation.

Has no affect on my life or yours if the guy were voided $50 in bets. Seriously that's what we're talking about... same amount they offered him in a freeplay after taking blatant shots and he declined.

He knew what he was doing, he thought he knew why, he just didn't realise the nature of tennis betting. Again I'm surprised he wasn't banned and blackballed after 4 past posted bets. Instead he was offered a freeplay (which I disagree with with 100%) and said no. GL to him and those who try the same in the future. xo

First 123456 Last