james1223
    james1223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

sportbooks security checks

Hi
    everytime I register in different sportbooks they ask me to provide them some scanned copies of my documents ( passport, utility bill or bank statement and CC(if I want to use it as deposit method) and after that some of sportbooks (betfair, paddypower, stanjames) closed my accounts with explanation that my documents don't pass their security checks

question 1:
    is it normal? someone have same experience?
    question 2:
    what online/offline service sportbooks usually use to verify their clients? maybe something like equifax? it is very important for me to know

Khiaao
    Khiaao's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes wanted the same info before i could cash out, but after doing a few searches i saw thats the norm so reluctantly did a few picture phone shots and sent them to 5dimes which they seemed to be happy with and can now cash out when i used a CC to fund my account.

james1223

maybe someone know names of online services who make KYC (know your customers) checks and other identity verification?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If you live in the former Soviet Union, you need an international passport. The standard "national" passports are crap and will rarely be verified.

james1223

No, I live in UK and have Uk passport.
    Today I knew that betfair use experian service to verify their customers. I will call them tomorrow and try to know what is going on with my identity