Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't have the faintest ******* clue about arbing, how much money you can make (arbing/professional/etc), what sites to play at (arbing or otherwise), what type of edges/skillsets professionals have, etc etc etc.

You literally know virtually nothing about the offshore world. See your comments in any thread.

As I said before, someone could take one of your posts on virtually any subject and be 95% sure that it is wrong. Not in a semantic bullshit sort of nonsense way, but in a "There is no way I can twist this drivel to make sense to the majority of the intelligentsia".

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    You don't have the faintest ******* clue about arbing, how much money you can make (arbing/professional/etc), what sites to play at (arbing or otherwise), what type of edges/skillsets professionals have, etc etc etc.

You literally know virtually nothing about the offshore world. See your comments in any thread.

As I said before, someone could take one of your posts on virtually any subject and be 95% sure that it is wrong. Not in a semantic bullshit sort of nonsense way, but in a "There is no way I can twist this drivel to make sense to the majority of the intelligentsia".
    How predictable !

Can't even take up a simple challenge.

But instead reverts to insult after insult.

I think I've made my point for all to see what sort of character this bloke is.

Thremp

You're insane. I listed several specific topics that you don't know virtually anything about, yet offer opinions. You asked for specific topics and I repeated them. Its not an insult to call the fool a fool. You bowed out of the last iteration of this after Justin7 gave his views. Yet, somehow you have not processed that information or its implications on your worldview.

So... here we are listening to you drone on about playing in regulated jurisdictions like Antigua (lol MB) or whatever dirthole Pinny gets its regulation from.

Hareeba!

You're insane. I listed several specific topics that you don't know virtually anything about, yet offer opinions. You asked for specific topics and I repeated them. Its not an insult to call the fool a fool. You bowed out of the last iteration of this after Justin7 gave his views. Yet, somehow you have not processed that information or its implications on your worldview.

So... here we are listening to you drone on about playing in regulated jurisdictions like Antigua (lol MB) or whatever dirthole Pinny gets its regulation from.
    Crap!
    I asked you for a specific post which I've made which you disagree with so that we can discuss it intelligently.
    Where do you expect me to start with your reference to broad topics?
    I didn't just bow out after Justin suggested I should look at some bookies which I told him I don't trust. They were all US serving and I no longer wish to play at any of those. In fact one of them doesn't permit me to play there anyway.

What's you problem with Pinnacle?
    Everyone seems to trust them 100% and rate them the best bookie in the world. They appear to have no blemishes on their record as to payouts.
    I've never had a problem with them.

Hareeba!

If you've been gambling 40+ years and have never mustered a 5k bet, there is no way that you can position yourself as successful enough to disparage making a few pennies. Since that would be essentially what you've done for 4 decades.
    So, anybody who's never made a $5k bet has no clue about anything and should be ignored ?

You're such an expert on arbing and make so much more profit than I do, betting $20k or more per game but RISKING NOTHING.

And that qualifies you way above me to comment because I limit my risk to $5k per game?

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    So, anybody who's never made a $5k bet has no clue about anything and should be ignored ?

You're such an expert on arbing and make so much more profit than I do, betting $20k or more per game but RISKING NOTHING.

And that qualifies you way above me to comment because I limit my risk to $5k per game?
    LOL at the idea you personally can beat large, liquid markets at WA prices in 2011 but you didn't have absurd edges in 1980 to the point that a $5k bet would have been trivial to you a long time ago.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    LOL at the idea you personally can beat large, liquid markets at WA prices in 2011 but you didn't have absurd edges in 1980 to the point that a $5k bet would have been trivial to you a long time ago.
    ???

"WA prices" ?

I didn't even have a computer in 1980, let alone the internet.
    All my betting back then was on track. Racing was the only betting medium available. "Absurd edges" were few and far between.
    I had a young family, a full time involvement as principal in a professional practice and pretty limited bankroll back then.
    So you are way off the mark with yet another post designed only to insult me rather than provide any useful contribution.

And I'm still waiting for you to tell me what part of my post (#25) you found so wrong in yours (#29).

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Hareeba

WAMP is an acronym from widely available market price.

The problem with Pinnacle is not a lack of trust but the efficiency of their market. They are difficult to beat and the larger the maximum the more efficient the market becomes.

You are not betting enough money to ignore soft outs. Picking off rouge numbers is easy. A monkey can do it. Yet you've left money on the table by ignoring soft outs.

I imagine they are saying to themselves. Here is a guy who is smart enough to beat the WAMP but refuses to open a SIA account. It sounds like an idiot savant.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Hareeba

WAMP is an acronym from widely available market price.

The problem with Pinnacle is not a lack of trust but the efficiency of their market. They are difficult to beat and the larger the maximum the more efficient the market becomes.

You are not betting enough money to ignore soft outs. Picking off rouge numbers is easy. A monkey can do it. Yet you've left money on the table by ignoring soft outs.

I imagine they are saying to themselves. Here is a guy who is smart enough to beat the WAMP but refuses to open a SIA account. It sounds like an idiot savant.
    Thanks Doc
    But I'm quite happy enough with my current style and level of punting activity.
    I don't need to go chasing down every single opportunity there is out there.
    Each to his own.
    And in the current climate I'm not comfortable sending funds to books which serve the US market.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Mate, whatever works for you.

I was just trying to facilitate the criticism in a more constructive way.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    And in the current climate I'm not comfortable sending funds to books which serve the US market.
    Then you should probably stop playing at pinnacle.

Or do you really think they can deal 50k limits and 8c on major usa sports without taking us action?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Mate, whatever works for you.

I was just trying to facilitate the criticism in a more constructive way.
    and I appreciate that Doc after the barrage of abuse from Thremp, donjuan etc with no opportunity to have a civil discussion about whatever it is they disagree with me about

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Then you should probably stop playing at pinnacle.

Or do you really think they can deal 50k limits and 8c on major usa sports without taking us action?
    Any book can unknowingly have US players using foreign IP addresses. Let's not nitpick on this.

Thremp

Don't be naive. Pinnacle knows players from the US using US IPs.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

LOL on certain things no they dont, your being naive by saying that.

wrongturn
    Update your status

Sure, 99% of them have $0.01 limit, and the rest 1% provided fake docs.

Thremp

Clearly I've gotten into a discussion with "professionals".

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Sure, 99% of them have $0.01 limit, and the rest 1% provided fake docs.
    You don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sure you already know that. Carry on.

wrongturn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sure you already know that. Carry on.
    You want the real pros to carry on so that fbi can get to work, right?
    Last edited by wrongturn; 06-24-11 at 02:43 PM.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Clearly I've gotten into a discussion with "professionals".
    All im saying is if u do things right then there is no way for them to find out your here in the states and if your calling people pros don't u think u should be listening, all i know is if people are talking about stuff that i don't yet know or haven't tryed and i want to know then i am listening to them and not responding to make them think im ignorant.
    Do u know how many pros are on this forum anyway, i do my own thing and im doing well and there are people here that blow me out the water.

BigFish
    BigFish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Do u know how many pros are on this forum anyway, i do my own thing and im doing well and there are people here that blow me out the water.
    Yes, there are; and the poster you're remonstrating with is one of them.

Thremp

Welp, didn't think I would need dictionary.com at 4AM. Guess I do.

First 1234