djiddish98
    djiddish98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Live betting World Cup - Bodog vs. Pinnacle

I'm new to this live betting scene and was looking for some advice.

I assume that Pinnacle is still one of the sharpest shops with regards to live betting lines. I also assume that bodog is still relatively square. Are these assumptions correct?

I've been looking at Pinnacle live lines for world cup and betting them at Bodog when Bodog is too slow to adjust over time; typically, this is the price on the under or a dog with a spread becoming more favorable.

Is this a stupid strategy? I feel like I'm picking up pennies as the under price appreciates and then getting run over when a serious vol event (a goal) occurs.

Thanks.

basket33
    basket33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

For soccer pinnacle follows asian market... where live odds from square books adjust automatically by algorithms... so when you see a significant difference in prices between the two then it is profitable to bet at square book. But in case of unders, underdog spreads or any price where time works for it, IMO there is no point betting since that was real market price just a few minutes a go...

djiddish98
    djiddish98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Thanks for the response.

If the square book is quoting me a line that's a few minutes old, isn't that still a profitable strategy to bet the stale line? I assume the odds of an under at the present moment are greater than the odds from a minute or two ago, which should consistently yield +EV bets, even after accounting for the large vig.

I'll typically bet a bodog under once I can theoretically arb the other side at pinnacle.