bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i still can't believe the USA tied Italy

Italy has to be pissed off that one of there players put it in there own net, and ended up fishing the game in a tie.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Well the USA had a goal taken away when the refs called the USA offsides. Plus that ref gave the USA players Red cards for minor stuff. The Italy Red card was the right call.

I think this is the first soccer game I watch the full game. Amazed even myself I sat through the entire game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually watched the entire game myself and the refs were terrible. The USA is very fortunate to over come those bad calls. They basicly a man down the entire second half.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Italy is always so-so in the first round. Doing just enough to go to next round. For what it's worth, the US players should have adjusted to the ref, just as NBA players do when every tickytack foul is called. Lack of experience.

In the 1998 World Cup red cards where all over the first round, because refs took the pre-tournament FIFA instructions literal. Fortunately, this was the first ref that did so in 2006. Don't blame him. Blame FIFA.

Good result for US. Lucky own goal. Ref was right about offside goal, though. Keeper's view was obstructed by offside player.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Italy is always so-so in the first round. Doing just enough to go to next round. For what it's worth, the US players should have adjusted to the ref, just as NBA players do when every tickytack foul is called. Lack of experience.

Good result for US. Lucky own goal. Ref was right about offside goal, though. Keeper's view was obstructed by offside player.
    NBA players adjust to the ticky tac fouls? You must not watch much NBA.

Your right, that offside call on the USA goal was the right one.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh ye of little faith, for shame!

You yankees aint all that bad at soccer. If it weren't for that second red card you would of won that game last night. At the very least the good ole boys from the USA were playing the better football at the time and had the Italians on the back foot.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has become the most interesting group for game #3.

I'll be on Italy-Czechs for the tie. Italy are masters of the tie. One point sends them through. Czechs have to play for the win here, but they will probably keep on eye on the other game (played simultaneously). Their goal differential is better than Ghana's.

That means the US has to win, and beat Czech goal differential. Very tough assignment, but in this group anything is possible. Who would have thunk Ghana would defeat the Czechs? This match has goals written all over it. Both teams have to win. Really looking forward to this one.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ghana played outstanding against the Czech's and the score should have been more like 3-0 or 4-0. The goal 1 minute and change into the game was incredible.