SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ignore Feature Suggestion

If you place someone on ignore, I think it should be made so that no replies made by that user are visible to you at all. You know what I mean? The "user is on your ignore list" every time they post is a little annoying. I understand threads can't be hidden in that way, but replies should be pretty easy to mask.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that (optional) hiding threads started by posters on Ignore list would be very helpful to many posters and probably unique feature as well.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

See this is all fine and peachy until the degenerate posts 235435 posts in various threads. This leads to you having a very rough time reading threads because you don't know wtf is going on.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You guys really have people on ignore? . . . Seems like this site has cleaned up alot, surprised someone would piss you off so much that you actualy put them on ignore

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    You guys really have people on ignore? . . . Seems like this site has cleaned up alot, surprised someone would piss you off so much that you actualy put them on ignore
    I have over a dozen idiots on ignore. Made my life soooooo much better on this forum.

I agree, I wish I didn't see their posts or their threads at all. Even seeing their name is upsetting.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    I think that (optional) hiding threads started by posters on Ignore list would be very helpful to many posters and probably unique feature as well.
    Yep, I agree. Hopefully the guys kick around the idea if enough people express interest in it, which is a good and bad thing since like 10 of us even regularly check the suggestions forum. Maybe if the admins/mods like it they'll poll the main forum or something.

SBR Lou

Bump........

?

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I have over a dozen idiots on ignore. It's been a lot better since I decided to stick to Handicapping forums. I noticed that these idiots rarely talk about handicapping.

I would guess that a dozen people cause 90% of the problems.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Your guesstimation on the percentage of 'problem posters' is probably spot on, curious.

As for being able to completely hide a poster's posts that you have on ignore, I can't find anything in the vBulletin software that will accomplish that.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    As for being able to completely hide a poster's posts that you have on ignore, I can't find anything in the vBulletin software that will accomplish that.
    Thanks for taking a look into it Willie.