OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

24 former Trump allies and aides who turned against him

1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”
    2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.” 3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis:

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His chairman of the joint chiefs, retired Gen. Mark Milley, seemed to invoke Trump: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

6. His first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson: “(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”

7. His first ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley: “He used to be good on foreign policy and now he has started to walk it back and get weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”
    8. His presidential transition vice-chairman, Chris Christie: “Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”
    9. His second national security adviser, HR McMaster: “We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”
    10. His third national security adviser, John Bolton: “I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”
    11. His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”
    12. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, who resigned as US special envoy to Ireland after January 6, 2021: “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

13. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

14. Another former communications director, Stephanie Grisham: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”
    15. His secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, who resigned after January 6: “When I saw what was happening on January 6 and didn’t see the president step in and do what he could have done to turn it back or slow it down or really address the situation, it was just obvious to me that I couldn’t continue.”
    16. His secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, who resigned after January 6: “At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy.
    17. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: “…the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

18. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”
    19. His former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen: “Donald’s an idiot.”
    20. His White House lawyer, Ty Cobb: “Trump relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”
    21. A former director of strategic communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin, who is now a CNN political commentator: “We can stand by the policies, but at this point we cannot stand by the man.”
    22. A top aide in charge of his outreach to African Americans, Omarosa Manigault Newman: “Donald Trump, who would attack civil rights icons and professional athletes, who would go after grieving black widows, who would say there were good people on both sides, who endorsed an accused child molester; Donald Trump, and his decisions and his behavior, was harming the country. I could no longer be a part of this madness.”

23. A former deputy press secretary, Sarah Matthews, who resigned after January 6: “I thought that he did do a lot of good during his four years. I think that his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it, the way that he’s acted in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie that the election is stolen has made him wholly unfit to hold office every again.”
    24. His final chief of staff’s aide, Cassidy Hutchinson: “I think that Donald Trump is the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime, and potentially in American history.”

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Bill, what strikes me about this list is they all used their office to enrich themselves during and post duties. They can all turn on Trump, doesn’t matter to me but they should also return the money they made off the office and association with him. All these people are unethical in my opinion.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Bill, what strikes me about this list is they all used their office to enrich themselves during and post duties. They can all turn on Trump, doesn’t matter to me but they should also return the money they made off the office and association with him. All these people are unethical in my opinion.
    A lot of these people either left during the term or became convinced on Jan. 6 th and resigned when they saw what we all saw. It’s not their fault that Trump acted and did what he did.
    That list and the statements they go on record as saying is incredible.

Hard to blame everyone else for what he said and did or didn’t do.
    If they are considered unethical for being associated with the Trump administration
    Wouldn’t that mean Trump would also be ?

Seems Bill posted one heck of a post there.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18936

Are you new to the US government and the revolving door of lobbyist, corporation boards, and office holders?

The system is mostly unethical.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

Don't forget Stormy Daniels
    She turned on him when she went from cowgirl to reverse cowgirl
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jt315

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    A lot of these people either left during the term or became convinced on Jan. 6 th and resigned when they saw what we all saw. It’s not their fault that Trump acted and did what he did.
    That list and the statements they go on record as saying is incredible.

Hard to blame everyone else for what he said and did or didn’t do.
    If they are considered unethical for being associated with the Trump administration
    Wouldn’t that mean Trump would also be ?

Seems Bill posted one heck of a post there.
    Trump 1000% operates in the grey area… that is not news. I still don’t know a single honest realtor or politician and that’s basically what he is. These people knew that going in. They literally signed up for it and many contributed to the chaos. I’m not gonna give them a pass for resigning or for running when they saw what they saw because they were there for much of it. Thats really my point.
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 03-24-24 at 06:34 PM.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Are you new to the US government and the revolving door of lobbyist, corporation boards, and office holders?

The system is mostly unethical.
    LOL. Always snarky comments with you. Of course they are all crooks.
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 03-24-24 at 06:33 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Bill?
    Do you think Yale covers later?

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18936

LOL. Always snarky comments with you. Of course they are all crooks.
    LOL Don't take it personal, been called a smart ass since I was 5 years old. It's just become natural over the years.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    LOL Don't take it personal, been called a smart ass since I was 5 years old. It's just become natural over the years.
    Not personal just funny. Smart asses are good with me. The joke is on you and I. Our options suck Khicks.