HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Government doesn't get to tell me what to do.

Mask mandates in 19 states with Democrat governors yet in only 3 with Republican governors

I get punished for simply living in a state with a democrat governor.
    Pass this poster a box of tissues...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The "masks" and Covid frenzy has already cost the taxpayer $6Trillion and wiped about $8 trillion off the US economy.

There is ZERO recovery from this
    Why have masks and covid caused so much financial damage in USA that is impossible to recover from, but that has not even happened in Italy?

Or in most other countries who responded decisively to flatten the curve?

Are you sure it isn't the inept response of governments there? And the people being so divided and arguing instead of acting together, and it's not really the masks fault?

I think compulsory masks is a bad idea btw. Has not been needed here to arrest the spread.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Only n95 masks will do anything should see all the infections people are getting from wearing them

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why have masks and covid caused so much financial damage in USA that is impossible to recover from, but that has not even happened in Italy?

Or in most other countries who responded decisively to flatten the curve?

Are you sure it isn't the inept response of governments there? And the people being so divided and arguing instead of acting together, and it's not really the masks fault?

I think compulsory masks is a bad idea btw. Has not been needed here to arrest the spread.
    The Italian population and economy is smaller than California and it's debt is 140% of GDP hence it has no sustainable economic viability & further 15% of it's population live in absolute poverty, the other 85% have an average MONTHLY income of $2,000.

The entire country is either a native Italian dependent on government to live or foreign investors buying up properties.

The US is 80% consumer discretionary spending economy. That's the difference- the money MUST cycle thru the economy in the US whereas in MOST (not all) European Countries the money goes directly from the Govt to the recipient.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Only n95 masks will do anything should see all the infections people are getting from wearing them
    That's a cop out excuse.

Anything in front of your face will reduce the area you could be infecting.

Its not about protecting you. They are about helping reduce the virus ability to spread.

If you don't want to put yourself out to do that, own it.

I haven't worn a mask apart from one time when I went into an office that required it but aren't so ashamed of my choice to make up excuses.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

That's a cop out excuse.

Anything in front of your face will reduce the area you could be infecting.

Its not about protecting you. They are about helping reduce the virus ability to spread.

If you don't want to put yourself out to do that, own it.

I haven't worn a mask apart from one time when I went into an office that required it but aren't so ashamed of my choice to make up excuses.
    Standard mask stops 100-300 microns virus is .05 microns so you have zero idea really what you are trying to say

Optional

The Italian population and economy is smaller than California and it's debt is 140% of GDP hence it has no sustainable economic viability & further 15% of it's population live in absolute poverty, the other 85% have an average MONTHLY income of $2,000.

The entire country is either a native Italian dependent on government to live or foreign investors buying up properties.

The US is 80% consumer discretionary spending economy. That's the difference- the money MUST cycle thru the economy in the US whereas in MOST (not all) European Countries the money goes directly from the Govt to the recipient.
    Italy got hit worse than anyone and with least warning.

The point is that they responded and got on top of the health problem. They also are not crying that their economy is destroyed beyond the point of recovery as you claimed the USA is.

Substitute Italy for Germany, Australia, new Zealand, Sth Korea and just about all other developed nations and the point still works.

The USA aint that different. Apart from the response.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Standard mask stops 100-300 microns virus is .05 microns so you have zero idea really what you are trying to say
    A piece of dirty old cloth stops both the majority of droplets from a cough or sneeze contaminating the surfaces around you, but also the distance it can travel from you.

Are you saying that is not true now???

This is not any form of excuse for not wanting to wear a mask. Own it like I do. I don't want to wear a mask unless I absolutely have to.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

I haven't worn a mask even once.

I'm not sick.

Therefore, no need.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    He does not look happy.
    He knows what that photo will do to him...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Well the dip shit experts here say they absolutely do. I don’t tend to ever trust or believe Drs but if mask keeps things open I don’t really care what it does.
    What's your problem with doctors?

My main problem with a select few (and there are only a select few) that think of your health as a business.
    By that I mean a tiny percentage of doctors will push unnecessary surgeries or prescribe unnecessary pharmaceuticals on you for the good of the almighty dollar, but like I said almost all doctors are good, but like in any profession some are corrupt.

HockeyRocks

30 year old Texas man purposely attended a party thrown by someone infected with covid, which the aim was to see if any other attendees would get infected. The man became critically ill and was admited to the hospital where he died. Before his death, he told his nurse that he thought the virus was a, yup you guessed it, a"hoax." This all according to San Antonio Methodist Healthcare Chief Medical Office Dr Jane Appleby. JSMH...

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24834

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post

I'm not sick.

Therefore, no need.
    Your logic is amazing. Are you a doctor or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I'm not sick.

Therefore, no need.
    Can’t really suck a rooster with a mask on huh?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    What's your problem with doctors?

My main problem with a select few (and there are only a select few) that think of your health as a business.
    By that I mean a tiny percentage of doctors will push unnecessary surgeries or prescribe unnecessary pharmaceuticals on you for the good of the almighty dollar, but like I said almost all doctors are good, but like in any profession some are corrupt.
    You hit it on the head, while I’m sure there good ones I find the overwhelming majority to have been nothing more than overeducated drug pushers. I mean it whatever, I don’t have a problem w drug dealers, just own it instead of acting all high and mighty while being big pharma pushers.

They responsible for the opioid epidemic in this country and that really pisses me off cause now it practically impossible to get those drugs I like and was self medicating with long before they hooked half the country!!!! They give kids prescription speed, that has never sat well with me, although once again I’m a big fan but it insane they hand that out to every kid who raises a little hell!!! They hand out anti depressants like candy. Let’s be real they are bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical companies.

I’ll be damned if they gonna look me in the eye and act as if they have the patients best interest at heart. Now they wanna take our sports away and once again let’s be real, they have always had a hard on for football and most athletics in general so of course I am skeptical of their motives when they try to shut sports down. Let’s just say I don’t find them to be nearly as ethical as they would like folks to believe, end of the day they have agendas just like everyone else with power and I think they using this pandemic to push them.

All that said as I’ve mentioned several times in this thread, if there a chance wearing a mask helps prevent the spread then I’m all for it. It’s really not that big of a ask, kinda baffles me guys acting like wearing a mask is some huge violation of their god given freedoms! Lol. It a penetrating mask indoors around ppl! Who cares? There a hundred other laws I find way more ignorant and detrimental to freedom!!
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-11-20 at 07:39 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    30 year old Texas man purposely attended a party thrown by someone infected with covid, which the aim was to see if any other attendees would get infected. The man became critically ill and was admited to the hospital where he died. Before his death, he told his nurse that he thought the virus was a, yup you guessed it, a"hoax." This all according to San Antonio Methodist Healthcare Chief Medical Office Dr Jane Appleby. JSMH...
    Not all Texans are bright Hockey....I won’t claim them. San Antonio clown show

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Italy got hit worse than anyone and with least warning.

The point is that they responded and got on top of the health problem. They also are not crying that their economy is destroyed beyond the point of recovery as you claimed the USA is.

Substitute Italy for Germany, Australia, new Zealand, Sth Korea and just about all other developed nations and the point still works.

The USA aint that different. Apart from the response.
    I think it's apples and oranges.

Our economy isn't based on mfg or exports like those European countries. It's based on Agriculture, Tech/ Services, and hugely hospitality. I don't know the figures per se, but I'd assume the US economy is more dependent upon discretionary spending in non essential services and non mfg work than that of Europe and non China Asia combined.

Whereas a Germany may have responded better it is because their economy doesn't live or die based on its citizens ability to travel freely to spend on sports, concerts and beach towns.

Hell, I wonder if the US sports industry alone is bigger than the entire economy of Italy....???

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I know they said he had no pre existing conditions but does that include obesity?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    I know they said he had no pre existing conditions but does that include obesity?
    San Antonio....high probability of an obese Hispanic kid

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    San Antonio....high probability of an obese Hispanic kid
    Spics can be very skinny as well

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Spics can be very skinny as well
    That’s not nice.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

I think it's apples and oranges.

Our economy isn't based on mfg or exports like those European countries. It's based on Agriculture, Tech/ Services, and hugely hospitality. I don't know the figures per se, but I'd assume the US economy is more dependent upon discretionary spending in non essential services and non mfg work than that of Europe and non China Asia combined.

Whereas a Germany may have responded better it is because their economy doesn't live or die based on its citizens ability to travel freely to spend on sports, concerts and beach towns.

Hell, I wonder if the US sports industry alone is bigger than the entire economy of Italy....???

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    I have no idea. Does it make a difference?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Darwin FTW.

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Not all Texans are bright Hockey....I won’t claim them. San Antonio clown show
    Well this guy certainly needed some schoolhousin about covid. He might still be alive...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not sick.

Therefore, no need.
    ...yet. I wish illness on no one, but some are more deserving than others. Hope you stay well.

lakerboy

That’s not nice.
    It's true.

2daBank

It's true.
    Not the statement. The spic part.

HockeyRocks

It's true.
    Geeeeee, i might have 80K post someday...NOT...

2daBank

Hey now!! It’s a lofty accomplishment of multitasking Mixed with nothing better to do!! Mixed with a lot to say!!

lakerboy

You are an illiterate retired millionaire remember? Yet you are obsessed with Trump. 😂😂😂

Like any millionaire is worried what trump does.

HockeyRocks

Hey now!! It’s a lofty accomplishment of multitasking Mixed with nothing better to do!! Mixed with a lot to say!!
    Dang, i just noticed you have more than Laker does. LOL... There is a difference. You're apt to put a few sentences togther.

lakerboy

Dang, i just noticed you have more than Laker does. LOL... There is a difference. You're apt to put a few sentences togther.
    Togther?

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Points Awarded:

HockeyRocks gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

LB has a very good ratio of quality to nonsense!! To get this many there gotta be some fluff in there! Lot of in game talking as well. My goal is for at least half of them to be something of substance pertaining to plays worth reading!! The other half just nonsense. Lol.

HockeyRocks

You are an illiterate retired millionaire remember? Yet you are obsessed with Trump. 

Like any millionaire is worried what trump does.
    Not illiterate
    Not retired, semi-retired
    Not a millionaire, but close.

Your zero for 3. Try harder the next time.
    Last edited by HockeyRocks; 07-11-20 at 08:32 PM.

First 1234567 ... Last