CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i had a feeling these things were going to stink now its official

looking back all the people that hyped them to me were pretty much wack jobs

thanks for the review

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    i had a feeling these things were going to stink now its official

looking back all the people that hyped them to me were pretty much wack jobs

thanks for the review
    u should at least try it once lol if u read the amazon reviews ud think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    u should at least try it once lol if u read the amazon reviews ud think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    if i see them ill try

health food is becoming a status thing now imo, u dont need to spend mega bucks on all this stuff when u can just eliminate carbs, soda, junk food etc and have a salad

u can still have a burger once in a while and be good

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

if i see them ill try

health food is becoming a status thing now imo, u dont need to spend mega bucks on all this stuff when u can just eliminate carbs, soda, junk food etc and have a salad

u can still have a burger once in a while and be good
    I think that you're hitting the nail on the head CWD. No need to eliminate anything, but moderate the stuff that isn't so great for our bodies. When a kid, I imagine we all learned about the 'Food Pyramid' in school. It has been modified in recent years, but it's still a decent guide.

CWD
    Update your status

Beyond Meat Inc., the maker of vegan chicken and beef substitutes including the Beyond Burger, filed for a U.S. initial public offering.

The company filed with an initial offering size of $100 million, which is a placeholder that’s likely to change. The company’s backers include Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and Don Thompson, McDonald’s Corp.’s former chief executive officer.

Beyond Meat, based in El Segundo, California, was founded in 2009 and initially focused on a frozen-chicken substitute and has taken advantage of vegan diet preferences to go more mainstream. Now, it’s best known for the Beyond Burger, which is made to “look, cook and taste like traditional ground beef,” according to the company’s filing Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Beyond Meat Inc., the maker of vegan chicken and beef substitutes including the Beyond Burger, filed for a U.S. initial public offering.

The company filed with an initial offering size of $100 million, which is a placeholder that’s likely to change. The company’s backers include Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and Don Thompson, McDonald’s Corp.’s former chief executive officer.

Beyond Meat, based in El Segundo, California, was founded in 2009 and initially focused on a frozen-chicken substitute and has taken advantage of vegan diet preferences to go more mainstream. Now, it’s best known for the Beyond Burger, which is made to “look, cook and taste like traditional ground beef,” according to the company’s filing Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    i'm giving up on the pea milk i think i can use it for coffee but it's too awful drink plain i will still look for the beyond burger just to try

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Okay, after reading these posts and seeing Cincykid and CWD talking about the Beyond Burgers, my curiosity was picqued, so I had to give them a shot and will write an uninvited review for any who might have interest. I have zero interest in being vegetarian or vegan, because humans are meant to be omnivores, but am always willing to try something new.
    There is a health food market here in town that had a package of two eight ounce patties for $6.79, which was a bad way to start out, but I splurged anyways. When I opened it the first thing I noticed was the smell, which was rather bad. I don't know what to compare it to, but it was unpleasant, but I figured it might improve after cooking. I put them on my George Foreman grill (the outside grill will only be used for food that used to have a brain) and was anxiously waiting for the cooked hamburger smell, to no avail. When they were ready, I took a bite out of them to see what they taste like without the usual hamburger accompaniments, and again, the first thing to hit me was the smell. Part of our enjoyment of food takes place before it even hits our mouth, with the scent, but these things just smell bad. As for the taste--if you are expecting them to taste anything like a real burger, you will be sorely disappointed. That's not to say it is a bad taste, it is just nothing like a burger at all. I put them on a bun with the fixings that I like (ketchup, mayonaise, and cheese) and it was okay in it's own right, but again--nothing like a burger. Another aspect I was looking for is how much it would fill be up compared to an equivalent size of a beef burger. This was also a fail for me. Something many people don't know is that plant protein and animal protein are entirely different things. The package said that these things have 20 grams of plant protein per patty, but I was still hungry almost immediately.
    All in all, if one wants to switch to a vegetarian diet, but want to pretend to be eating a burger when amongst friends, go for these things, but don't expect any aspect of the experience to be like a genuine beef burger. I give these things an overall grade of D because the taste wasn't bad, but no chance in hell of buying these things again. On the plus side, the store also had elk and bison burgers in the freezer, so I can at least say that the trip wasn't a total loss.

Very solid write up, pal. You just saved me time and money.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Never seen a pea with a tit. Where does the milk com from?

Seriously though, people go overboard in all directions on this. Jibby's got this one right. Eat your eggs, milk (if not lactose intolerant), fish, chicken, just a little red meat. Cut the sugar and processed shit out. Fresh fruits, veggies, beans, nuts and whole grains. Don't eat so much of the processed and packaged shit. Even veggie burgers. Pass. No need to be a vegetarian, just be smart. It's not impossible, but it's challenging for vegans to get enough protein.

First 12