seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Are Wii systems still popular? Or has something taken its place?

I have a 5 year old who now want to play Just Dance 4, but I don't feel like buying the accessories for a PS3. I am sure I can get a Wii much cheaper. Feedback.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Got a wii for free used it once and never again

Graphics are terrible. not even HDMI, uses old school 3 component cables, yuck...

Get a PS Vita or something way better

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

ps3 is all you need

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

my 9 year old plays it every day.. you can get it cheap and he likes the lego games for it. There is a new wii that just came out so if you want to go cheap do the wii or do the new one..

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

My kids still play it and in fact are right now. Skylanders is the game of the week. For kids it is fine. For a 5 year old, carnival games, mario party 8, are both good for the age and well played in our house.

I am sure there are some with better graphics, but good grief I grew up with the original mario and when the kids purchased it on the wii they were having a ball with it even with the crappy graphics.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I played one nearly 4 years ago, tennis and bowling, it might be what a 5 year old could waste a little time with.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't buy it, there will be no support for it since the new Wii U is out. You will be essentially buying the system for that one Just Dance game.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

5 years olds can play video games?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    Give a 5 year old your smartphone and see what they can do. They are smarter than they need to be as far as gaming is concerned.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

It's a great gaming system for kids and adults alike! And there is a HDMI component cable you can buy which makes the graphics look awesome on flat screen tvs. I like it because you can play multiple player games with split screen and most are east to learn and very cool. Get the Wii fit board and you'll have a blast doing the skiing and water sports games, plus it keeps track of you weight and calories burned each time you play!

And don't believe that bullshit about it going obsolete. I use mine to stream unlimited Netflicks movies for only $7.99 a month. With its built in Wi Fi, you can surf the net, email, chat, post pictures, all right there on you big screen! Plus with the Mii channel your kids can play Mario Cart or several other games with kids in their neighborhood or any where in the world! It's a very cool system and now with the Wii U Console coming out, the system will only get better and be totally interactive! It's unreal the stuff the new additional Wii Console can do. Don't knock it til you've tried it, you'll have fun and share some cool family time too!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 11-25-12 at 11:58 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Marv001 View Post
    Don't buy it, there will be no support for it since the new Wii U is out. You will be essentially buying the system for that one Just Dance game.
    How long has wii U been out?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

came out last sunday the 18th

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    How long has wii U been out?
    You don't have to have it though, it's just a newer controller with a lcd display. The basic system will play every available title out there. The Wii U is really just an addition to the basic system itself, if you're using your wii to surf the net, download movies, up load and view pictures on your sd card, or want to control your tv, (it has an option like a tv viewing guide), then you might want to invest in one, but the basic wireless controller will still let you accomplish all of these features.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    yes but not if theyre in your family tree....then they probably wont be able to figure shit out til theyre about 30