grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

BetOnline Improvement and Suggestion Thread

I wanted to start a thread where SBR members that play poker at BetOnline can make suggestions on ways BetOnline can improve their Poker Room. Alex from BetOnline is on the SBR forums frequently and will view this thread. The hope is that this thread will be a voice to BetOnline players to voice their concerns and to make suggestions on improving the BetOnline Poker Room.

Suggestions can be for anything that you would like to see BetOnline do to improve the Poker Room. It can be software improvements, promotional idea's, or anything that you would like to see at BetOnline and think it would help their Poker Room. Since BetOnline has only offered the Poker Room for 2 months, there are somethings that need improved on, but overall I think they have a solid foundation and could really grow this room.

I'll go ahead and start with some of the suggestions I would like to see and I hope that others will follow:

-Auto Top Up feature added to the Cash Game software. It would be nice if we could set an option where we wouldn't have to worry about rebuying when our stack got below a specific amount. The amount should vary and be able to be set by each individual player.

-Better Frequent Player Reward system/VIP system. I would like to see an improved Frequent Player Reward system that rewards the frequent players. Currently you earn POP Points that can be used to buy into select tournaments. They should have better options to use the POP Points for all Guaranteed Tournaments, or even better, for a Points to Cash Exchange. Whatever they decide, I feel a better VIP system is needed.

-Larger Buy-in MTT's. Currently most of the Guaranteed Tournaments that I see have buy-ins from $.10-$5. There are definitely larger Buy-in tournaments, but the majority of them seem to be under $5 or atleast under $10. I would like to see a few tournaments a day offered between $5-$20 and larger ones on the weekends.

-Software Freezes/Disconnects. I'm sure those that have played at BetOnline already have experienced the Software Freezes or Disconnects. I will say that these issues have gotten much, much better over the last 2-3 weeks and haven't affected my play very often in the last few weeks, but they are still occurring far to frequently. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

-100% Deposit Bonus and Frequent Reload Bonus. I like the option of the 25% Instant Bonus in "Promo Bucks" for players that play Tournaments. For players that mainly play Cash Games though, there isn't a good bonus that would entice them to sign up. There should be a 100% Deposit Bonus or some type of sign up/deposit Bonus where players earn actual cash. Even if BetOnline gave the user the choice between the 25% Instant Bonus and another option. There should be some kind of Bonus offered that Cash Game players would benefite from.

-Preferred Seat option that is set to save for all new tables that are opened. Currently you can set which seat you would like to sit at, but I would like the ability to set that option where I was automatically sat in that seat each time I sat at a table.

-A way to remember the window layout and sizes. Most Poker clients remember how you had the windows sized and where they were positioned from one session to the next. It would be great to size and position the windows where I want them and have the software remember this layout for all future sessions.

I'm sure I will have a lot more suggestions and I hope that the SBR members that play at BetOnline will participate in this thread so we can try to get BetOnline to improve their Poker Room from the suggestions we've made here.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet Online Poker is a god damn joke, its Action Poker Software, one of the worst Pokersotware ever

grind4moneyz

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post
    Bet Online Poker is a god damn joke, its Action Poker Software, one of the worst Pokersotware ever
    Personally, I think almost all the Poker Sites still available to US players has pretty horrible software. I've also not had near as many issues as my friends that have tried it.

The software does have issues but that's why this thread is here. Please post what you don't like and atleast give them a chance to make some changes.

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

As someone who dealt with Action Poker software for years I will tell you that the only two requests that are in BOL control are the two below.
    1. Larger Buy-in MTT's
    2. 100% Deposit Bonus and Frequent Reload Bonus
    It is possible to convert POP to cash, but it is a hack and a PITA.

grind4moneyz

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
    As someone who dealt with Action Poker software for years I will tell you that the only two requests that are in BOL control are the two below.
    1. Larger Buy-in MTT's
    2. 100% Deposit Bonus and Frequent Reload Bonus
    It is possible to convert POP to cash, but it is a hack and a PITA.
    I don't see BetOnline showing a way to convert POP to cash. If you know of a way please let me know. Also, do you know what the exchange rate is? I'm sure it is pretty low, but still worth asking since that is the only form of VIP Program that BetOnline offers.

As far as the software, I'm sure that these suggestions have been made before.

BetOnline should have the ability to make a lot of these changes. Why wouldn't they? It shouldn't be that difficult to have the HH's reformatted, add programming to add options like Auto Top Up, etc.... IF they really want too.

Now, I'm sure it's very unlikely that they do make the changes to the software since I'm sure these suggestions have been made over and over, but they should atleast be aware of the software's shortcomings. This may atleast lead them to recognize this software's shortcomings and force them to look at other software options at some point in the future.

C.S.

I have no idea what bol does with pop points only that I know it is possible.
    Betonline has nothing to do with the programming of the software.

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

When you say Action Poker software, is this the same as Hero Poker Network? which is notated in the Help->About window just under the version number
    or
    Is it the actual software associated to the style client, lobby style, tab layout and table configuration?

Are the modern and retro the only 2 skins available/compatible?

Can anything be done to help the lag? Even with the heavy CPU usage it uses to run, running 2 tables is a challenge when you start opening lobby windows. They can take a long time to load and the more players in the tourney, the longer loading it takes. This then causes you to timeout on both tables.

gamemastere

There is a POP2CASH listed for tomorrow 16:01, seems like they run once a week maybe. Would help to know wat the rebuy price is and if the rebuy currency is POP's or cash. Also if that addon is the 5,000 or the smaller amount some tourney have instead

grind4moneyz

I have no idea what bol does with pop points only that I know it is possible.
    Betonline has nothing to do with the programming of the software.
    I know BetOnline didn't have anything to do with the programming of the software originally, but if they purchased the software then they can make changes to it now if they chose to by paying programmers to make those changes.

Also, like I said above, if nothing else players posting in here about the issues will atleast alert BetOnline to the shortcomings of the software and in the future when they decide to update their software, they will atleast know the type of options players want added if they were looking to purchase new software.

We definitely need to atleast let them know where the issues are and what we'd like to see. I doubt we will see any type of significant changes anytime soon, but I'm going to atleast try.

There is a POP2CASH listed for tomorrow 16:01, seems like they run once a week maybe. Would help to know wat the rebuy price is and if the rebuy currency is POP's or cash. Also if that addon is the 5,000 or the smaller amount some tourney have instead
    As far as I've seen this is the only way you can get Cash from POP Points. Since they don't have any other form of RakeBack or VIP Program, I would like to see a way to convert the POP Points straight into cold hard cash As a primarily Cash Game player, I would prefer not to have to sit for a few hours just to win a few bucks. It would be much better to continue to play Cash Games and then just convert the POP Points to cash.

They definitely need to implement some type of VIP system to reward players for playing regularly at their room. Right now, there is basicaly no reward. I'm not going to count the POP Points as a Reward system under the current configuration of the POP Points(unless I'm missing something).

I may play these in the future, but from my point of view this isn't really sufficient as a Frequent Player Rewards system. I'm sure you agree though.
    Last edited by grind4moneyz; 08-12-11 at 07:33 AM.

C.S.

I know BetOnline didn't have anything to do with the programming of the software originally, but if they purchased the software then they can make changes to it now if they chose to by paying programmers to make those changes.
    Action Poker only licenses their software from what I know.
    I sent your list to the head programmer at the software provider. We have been on the old client for years... which is very out-dated but stable and bug-free. We want to go on the new client for the re-sizable tables, but it does seem that there are still a ton of quirks. However, the software has come a long way since the beta 3 months ago, so there is hope.

grind4moneyz

Action Poker only licenses their software from what I know.
    I sent your list to the head programmer at the software provider. We have been on the old client for years... which is very out-dated but stable and bug-free. We want to go on the new client for the re-sizable tables, but it does seem that there are still a ton of quirks. However, the software has come a long way since the beta 3 months ago, so there is hope.
    I've also spoken to Alex at BetOnline and he is aware of this thread and stated that he will be monitoring it. If nothing else we are atleast bringing attention to the issues and making them aware of the shortcomings.

Thanks for sending this list to your contacts.

I also added this into the other thread about BetOnline as another suggestion and will post it here also.

Show mucked hands at showdown. Most sites show the mucked hands during showdown regardless of whether the player mucked the hand because he lost or not. This is definitely something I would like to see BetOnline do with their HH's. This helps those who like to review sessions and it is also a way to protect against collusion and other forms of possible cheating.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I would like to see larger Gauranteed tournies and buy ins.I cant stand to log in and only tourny available is a $1.50 tourny with 40 people.

Self Made
    Bobby's Room
    Self Made's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by grind4moneyz View Post
    I don't think they purchased any software. I think they're just a skin on the Action Poker Network* which licenses LVFH software.

*Though they say they're a member of the Hero Poker Network and accept US players they have the same traffic as any other Action Poker Network skin.

And can we keep this stuff in the main BetOnline poker thread.
    Last edited by Self Made; 08-12-11 at 11:54 AM.

gamemastere

Betonline Improvement List

C.S. could please pass along this list of needed improvements to the head programmer as well?

Can anything be done to help the lag? Even with the heavy CPU usage this software uses to run, running 2 tables is a challenge. Its bad enough that nothing else on my computer can be running at the same time while playing, but I should atleast be able to run a few tables and have a lobby window open.

Lagging occurs when opening tourney lobby windows. The more players that are in a tournament, the longer the loading takes. As player fields increase in size this lag will be even longer. This lagging is more like a temporary freeze and can cause both tables to be timed out and hands folded. This is very frustrating especially when you see a nice hand get folded.

Time to act indicator, on the retro skin the amount of time given to act is indicated by the red bar under your player name and stack size, this shrinking red bar can be incorrect when playing more than one table as well as when the software is lagging.

It would be nice to have more time to act in the form of a timebank which is standard at most all poker rooms.

On occasion the software will not let you sit back in once you have been timed out. When you try to uncheck the "Sit Out Next Hand" button it acts like it has sat back in but when it becomes your turn to act your hand gets auto folded. Try to click the "I Am Back" button and it will look like you have sat back in but when it becomes your turn to act your gets auto folded again. When this occurs I find that the fastest way to get back to playing is to just close the client and restart it. Which then causes tables to have to be resituated to there size and positions.

When in the BB and action is checked around to me, if I time out my hand gets folded even though my blind has been paid and there have been no raise before me.

When a disconnection occurs and it finally reconnects you, your table will open and you are unable to see your hole cards. The software does not recognize you as a player at the table nor does it show the choices for folding, checking, raising ect, it acts as if you opened the table to watch. Closing the client and restarting it seems to be the only way to get back to playing.

Again hands are being folded and when late in tourneys stacks are being consumed fast. Tilting can be a problem for players. Sometimes causing them to lose money, but when it is the poker software itself that is causing it then it just makes playing there annoying, frustrating, and unenjoyable.

Not being able to see the opponents hole cards used at showdown in the hand history. Common really??? I have never played at a poker room that did not show this.

C.S.

C.S. could please pass along this list of needed improvements to the head programmer as well?
    Copied and sent.
    TBH the reason we haven't switched to the new client and lobby was the lag, in testing it seemed 2x long between hands. HU it is the worst. I think there is some sorta issue and it's not by design, because the extra long lag doesn't happen every hand, but at least 1 in 5 hands. The lag can be brutal I clock it around 4' seconds at the worst which kills the flow of the game IMO.