mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Tough crowd in here.

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Trammel was great, Yount no brainer, Ripken was not greater, Ripken will be remembered for longevity and durability only.
    Oz was mainly defense, a little pop, but not greater, greater defender, for sure, all around player, no way.
    Oz will be remembered for being the greatest, or one of the greatest defensive SS.

The top ten list goes like this if you ask me:

The list starts with Honus Wagner and Ernie Banks.
    3-8 (in any order you want to rank them) are Trammell, Jeter, A-Rod, Yount, Oz
    9-10 You can put in whoever, Barry Larkin 10th, maybe, Larkin was not all around better.

I get it, you don't like NYC pro teams, don't let your bias get in the way things really are.
    ozzie brought more to the game then " D " switch hitter hard to do. base stealer & 1 hell of a " TEAMMATE "

Luv2Play2

Quote Originally Posted by diggitydaggitydo View Post
    he slayed 10’s. One night stands and sent the broads home with gift baskets.

That alone should put him in the top 10.
    lol.. No1 tops the " rodman " well maybe the " stilt " ovr 1,000 claim to fame

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Play2 View Post
    ozzie brought more to the game then " D " switch hitter hard to do. base stealer & 1 hell of a " TEAMMATE "
    I think I hit on those points, I pretty much said Oz is/was the greatest defensive SS with some (I said little, but that's what I meant) pop. I don't disrespect what he did at the plate.

Not for nothing, if Ozzie and the Cards were on the tube, 9 times out of 10 I'll watch at least a few innings.
    I loved the guy, like Jeter played the game hard and correctly.

If one prefers Oz over Jeter overall, I won't argue with you.

My passion for baseball is almost obsessive, I place a huge premium on up the middle defense.
    Ask any starting pitcher, especially a sinker ball, ground ball inducing starter thinks how important an up the middle defense is.

The World Champion 1984 Tigers that started off the season 35-5, their strength wasup the middle defense.
    Parrish, Whitaker, Trammell all wong gold, and Chet Lemon got ripped off of a Gold Glove Award that year.
    All four should have won all the gold, and all four made Dan Petry, and Milt Wilcox look like Cy Young and Cy Young Jr.

Luv2Play2

I think I hit on those points, I pretty much said Oz is/was the greatest defensive SS with some (I said little, but that's what I meant) pop. I don't disrespect what he did at the plate.

Not for nothing, if Ozzie and the Cards were on the tube, 9 times out of 10 I'll watch at least a few innings.

My passion for baseball is almost obsessive, I place a huge premium on up the middle defense.
    Ask any starting pitcher, especially a sinker ball, ground ball inducing starter thinks how important an up the middle defense is.

The World Champion 1984 Tigers that started off the season 35-5, their strength wasup the middle defense.
    Parrish, Whitaker, Trammel all wong gold, and Chet Lemon got ripped off of a Gold Glove Award that year.
    All four should have won all the gold, and all four made Dan Petry, and Milt Wilcox look like Cy Young and Cy Young Jr.
    he does have 1 highlight film a jack left handed vs lad. AWESOME THAT DAY

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Trammel was great, Yount no brainer, Ripken was not greater, Ripken will be remembered for longevity and durability only.
    Oz was mainly defense, a little pop, but not greater, greater defender, for sure, all around player, no way.
    Oz will be remembered for being the greatest, or one of the greatest defensive SS.

The top ten list goes like this if you ask me:

The list starts with Honus Wagner and Ernie Banks.
    3-8 (in any order you want to rank them) are Trammell, Jeter, A-Rod, Yount, Oz
    9-10 You can put in whoever, Barry Larkin 10th, maybe, Larkin was not all around better.

I get it, you don't like NYC pro teams, don't let your bias get in the way things really are.
    Ripken was a 2-time MVP and hit for more power. I don't agree with you there

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Ripken was a 2-time MVP and hit for more power. I don't agree with you there
    You're allowed to disagree.
    One can make valid points for Oz, Cal, and some others.

I like it anyway when people respectfully fade or disagree with me.
    It's not fun if everybody agreed with me.

What did Rudy Giuliani say when he was NYC Mayor?
    "If everyone agreed with me 100 percent of the time I wouldn't be doing my job"

And I always say this about myself.
    "I'd rather be disliked for who I am, then liked for who I am not".

All good, you're an astute gambler and intelligent.
    I read what you write, you're good and a good guy.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

Jeter was overrated talent-wise. But he never got into any trouble off the field. NYC is a difficult city to play. Jeter took it all on. So he gets extra points for being a great Yankee. Did you ever hear anything negative about Jeter off the field? Never.

Luv2Play2

Parrish, Whitaker, Trammell all wong gold, and Chet Lemon got ripped off of a Gold Glove Award that year.
    agree.up middle are game savers.da cards still play that way. always have.. i remember watching them in the mid 80s what a base stealing team.

Luv2Play2

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Play2 View Post
    agree.up middle are game savers.da cards still play that way. always have.. i remember watching them in the mid 80s what a base stealing team.
    early to mid 80s smith to herr DP's. love defense.

First 12