unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Let me guess this right. Your argument now is coaches at regular colleges? Well all the coaches you are talking about aren't a coach at a school that are known for high academics let alone a school that has religious believes as well. I tried to give you an out with that earlier but I think you called me an idiot. You keep coming up with coaches and excuses but I haven't heard about the trophies Kelly brought to the halls of ND. Tell me about those.
    The guy has a 58% winning percentage.
    Last edited by unde0087; 12-20-20 at 06:12 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Dont get me wrong. I hope they make the playoff so I can rake in more money when they get bitch slapped again.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Florida even better than ND

10 teams are

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

The problem is that too many teams have bad losses this year. Oklahoma to KSU. Florida to LSU. ND getting clobbered by Clemson. OSU undefeated but played half a schedule so less chance for uh oh.

Bama and Clemson only ones with real resume to allow in.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Let me guess this right. Your argument now is coaches at regular colleges? Well all the coaches you are talking about aren't a coach at a school that are known for high academics let alone a school that has religious believes as well. I tried to give you an out with that earlier but I think you called me an idiot. You keep coming up with coaches and excuses but I haven't heard about the trophies Kelly brought to the halls of ND. Tell me about those.
    The guy has a 58% winning percentage.
    It's hard to debate with you because you obviously have some sort of personal hate for Kelly. And I'm not a huge Kelly fan myself personally, but I know how to separate my personal feelings for the guy and whether someone is a good football coach or not.

Try this on for size here, chief. Before Kelly arrived at Notre Dame, the previous nine seasons they had just five winning seasons. From 1994-2011, they had a total of two 10-win seasons. Two. From 2012-2020, they've had six. They've also been to a national championship under Kelly and a final 4. They hadn't closed a regular season in the Final Four since 1994 until Kelly arrived.

That's a good football coach when you can turn a program around. Now is Notre Dame to the level of Clemson or Alabama? Hell no. It's why they keep losing to them, and yes, they will get pummeled by Bama in two weeks. But to say Kelly is a bad coach is obviously a personal statement of hate for the guy. His track obviously proves otherwise and the era we're in makes it more difficult to recruit at a school like his compared to a Bama or an Ohio State. They simply don't have the skill players Bama or Clemson has. They have built a hell of a line there, but they struggle to get the key skill position guys that the top 2 do.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    The problem is that too many teams have bad losses this year. Oklahoma to KSU. Florida to LSU. ND getting clobbered by Clemson. OSU undefeated but played half a schedule so less chance for uh oh.

Bama and Clemson only ones with real resume to allow in.
    Yep. Ohio st really didn’t even look good against the better teams they played against the JV schedule.

There’s really nothing else. Like you said too many bad losses to go around.

I keep going back to the fact A/M got beat by 28 against bama. Would they really make that a rematch? Common sense says no. ND still has the 2 big wins against Clemson and UNC.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 12-20-20 at 09:25 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

The CFP committee has been very predictable each of the first 6Y of the playoff (2014 thru 2019 inclusive) including 2014 when ohio state jumped tcu on championship weekend.

I believe today will be no different. It's bama Clemson ohio state and notre dame and likely in that order.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    The CFP committee has been very predictable each of the first 6Y of the playoff (2014 thru 2019 inclusive) including 2014 when ohio state jumped tcu on championship weekend.

I believe today will be no different. It's bama Clemson ohio state and notre dame and likely in that order.
    That’s what I said yesterday and it’s probably as clear cut as ever. Florida not losing to lsu and hanging around yesterday would have made it interesting. If Florida won yesterday, they would have jumped ND

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    That’s what I said yesterday and it’s probably as clear cut as ever. Florida not losing to lsu and hanging around yesterday would have made it interesting. If Florida won yesterday, they would have jumped ND
    The truth is that the three best teams are bama Clemson and notre dame. Period .

Ohio state, Florida. A&M. Maybe even Cincinnati !! All interchangeable.

I've watched every down of every big game these top 6 teams have played and I'm telling you unequivocally that notre dame on a neutral is better than ohio state Florida and cincy.

homie1975

But Ohio state us undefeated thru their 6 games and notre dame just got boatraced so the committee can shift ND to #4 if they want and it can be justified.

"Ohio state Congress champ beat Indiana and nwestern" blag blag blah

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ND is gonna be 4th. They won’t want another game with Clemson

navyblue81

ND is gonna be 4th. They won’t want another game with Clemson
    Could be tough moving OSU up though after their performance yesterday. It wasn’t very good. I do think ND is a better team than OSU. I also think Florida is the third best team in the country. They lost two games to LSU and A&M that they literally gave away as Xmas presents. I’m not impressed with A&M. They’re okay, but they would only beat Fla maybe two times out of 10. They wouldn’t beat Georgia, either.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see them drop ND just one spot to 3. I don’t think it’ll happen, but I think there’s some hesitation moving OSU up.

homie1975

I don't wana hear about Florida anymore. That was an absolute crime allowing themselves to lose at home to THIS edition of LSU who got clobbered by any decent teams they played.

Florida needs to take a seat and shut up. Jekyll and Hyde team.

navyblue81

I don't wana hear about Florida anymore. That was an absolute crime allowing themselves to lose at home to THIS edition of LSU who got clobbered by any decent teams they played.

Florida needs to take a seat and shut up. Jekyll and Hyde team.
    That and they gave it away to A&M, too. They were clearly the better team in that game as well. If six teams in front of them got COvId and they had to play in the final 4, though, they at least would present more of a challenge to Clemson and Alabama than ND or OsU would.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave navyblue81 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

No one listens. I told you Notre Dame is still in. Fuking idiots this forum has.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Could be tough moving OSU up though after their performance yesterday. It wasn’t very good. I do think ND is a better team than OSU. I also think Florida is the third best team in the country. They lost two games to LSU and A&M that they literally gave away as Xmas presents. I’m not impressed with A&M. They’re okay, but they would only beat Fla maybe two times out of 10. They wouldn’t beat Georgia, either.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see them drop ND just one spot to 3. I don’t think it’ll happen, but I think there’s some hesitation moving OSU up.
    I get what you’re saying, but rematches of games that were blowouts if they can be avoided, should be. I don’t think anything is a given. We have not seen any non conference games this year. Hard to rank conferences when they are just playing each other. It will be better if Clemson and ND don’t play each other again

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    No one listens. I told you Notre Dame is still in. Fuking idiots this forum has.
    Uh, I think just about everyone agrees that they are aside from ND haters and SEC homers

homie1975

but you also said CFB would be shut down before it even started. i believe you said the same about the NFL. yet here we are.

i was also a major naysayer that the season would survive as i thought 3 or 4 games max and it would get shut down.

anyhow, all of us who know and follow CFB closely know that ND is in the Top 4 and there is maybe max 2% that they are Not.

98% chance they are in.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

but you also said CFB would be shut down before it even started. i believe you said the same about the NFL. yet here we are.

i was also a major naysayer that the season would survive as i thought 3 or 4 games max and it would get shut down.

anyhow, all of us who know and follow CFB closely know that ND is in the Top 4 and there is maybe max 2% that they are Not.

98% chance they are in.
    I cannot argue that. You are right. But Notre Dame is in...LOL

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ESPN will make a show of it of course and someone will argue for A/M, probably David Pollack

homie1975

I cannot argue that. You are right. But Notre Dame is in...LOL
    i know you vikings avatar, I see your horns

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Yeah they past the eye test tonight for sure. Can’t believe they lost 3 games.
    They lost to TAM on the last play of the game 50+ yard FG, when they had the ball but the RB fumbled. They lost to LSU on the last play of the game 57 yard FG, in the fog, where they were going to get the ball back but dumb, dumb, threw a shoe. Last night they lost in the last few minutes because dumb ass Mullen mismanaged the clock at the end of both halves. Being undisciplined and dumb cost UF an undefeated season.

Mac4Lyfe

The truth is that the three best teams are bama Clemson and notre dame. Period .
    Ohio state, Florida. A&M. Maybe even Cincinnati !! All interchangeable.
    I've watched every down of every big game these top 6 teams have played and I'm telling you unequivocally that notre dame on a neutral is better than ohio state Florida and cincy.
    Bullshit. That’s your dumb ass opinion. You have no fukking idea who would win on any given day. These are all stupid arguments. I think OSU, UF, TAM and Cinci would all roll ND but that’s my opinion. It’s a great argument but we all watched USC lose to Stanford years ago as a 34 point fave. We all witnessed UF lose to LSU as a 24 point fave. Then almost beat Bama if they had more time on the clock. It’s all bullshit until you play the games.

I could make an argument for TAM, Cinci, Louisiana, etc. Until they expand the playoffs with an additional game or two, we will never know. For now, it’s just a money grab and the big names and the big dollars will always win the beauty contest.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Bullshit. That’s your dumb ass opinion. You have no fukking idea who would win on any given day. These are all stupid arguments. I think OSU, UF, TAM and Cinci would all roll ND but that’s my opinion. It’s a great argument but we all watched USC lose to Stanford years ago as a 34 point fave. We all witnessed UF lose to LSU as a 24 point fave. Then almost beat Bama if they had more time on the clock. It’s all bullshit until you play the games.

I could make an argument for TAM, Cinci, Louisiana, etc. Until they expand the playoffs with an additional game or two, we will never know. For now, it’s just a money grab and the big names and the big dollars will always win the beauty contest.
    You’re right Mac. This is a beauty contest until everyone has a path, especially in a year like this with basically all conference games. Those against it always say “well so and so can’t win” look at the other tournaments, only a few teams have a shot at those. The minimum amount of teams you need is 6 for everyone to have an actual path.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave thetrinity 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

I’d like to see all P5 conferences send 1 representative and some years add an undefeated non P5 and possibly another team that didn’t win their conference. But the committee should try to not have rematches. It’s not fair to Clemson to have to potentially play ND again.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Everyone knows that Alabama will face Clemson again for all the marbles. It is simply no contest. Ohio State and Notre Dame are not in the same class as those two. There is a good chance that both 'Bama and Clemson cover their spreads.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

interestingly, The CFP rankings, AP, and Coaches polls ALL have the same Top 4 in the same order.

it's so obvious that all 3 rankings can see it. those of us who live and die with the sport can also see it.

so everyone who is up in arms about the TOP 4, go ahead and relax and let those who are not as biased as you are, handling things.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

interestingly, The CFP rankings, AP, and Coaches polls ALL have the same Top 4 in the same order.

it's so obvious that all 3 rankings can see it. those of us who live and die with the sport can also see it.

so everyone who is up in arms about the TOP 4, go ahead and relax and let those who are not as biased as you are, handling things.

Well someone had to occupy the 4th spot, but to act like that decidedly makes Notre Dame better than Ohio State, Florida, and A&M is hogwash. Stop acting like you're the only one who watches college football. Notre Dame would win/lose to those three on any given weekend.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

interestingly, The CFP rankings, AP, and Coaches polls ALL have the same Top 4 in the same order.it's so obvious that all 3 rankings can see it. those of us who live and die with the sport can also see it.
    Anybody who legitimately watched ND get their shit pushed in and think they deserve to be in the CFP is biased as Fukk. Florida’s 3 losses were on the final plays. Cinci is undefeated. TAMs loss was a couple months ago. ND was not even competitive in that game. Sure, you live and die over some bullshit. If you changed NDs name to Duke or UNC, you’d be quiet as a church mouse.

I don’t care they got in. I knew a week ago they were in because I know the committee is ALL about the money. They don’t give a shit about being fair. Like I said before. This is a glorified beauty pageant. You like Miss Columbia, I like Miss Brazil. Until they fight in the Octagon, or until they take off their fake titties and ass pasties, it’s all an illusion.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Really surprised at ND #4

I guess they committee would of got their sh#$ pushed in if they allowed an 8-1 or an 8-2 team to sneak in at #4

10-1 looks much better... right? what a joke.

homie1975

The coaches and writers must be in on the irrational lovefest for ND too because their polls have the Irish at #4 just like the playoff committee does.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

The coaches and writers must be in on the irrational lovefest for ND too because their polls have the Irish at #4 just like the playoff committee does.
    Coaches and writers are notoriously absent minded when it comes to sorting out the national landscape. Like I said, someone was going get the nod therefore someone else was going to get snubbed. It doesn't prove anything in regards to who's "better."

Oddsmakers are better at evaluating teams because their appraisal is responsible for brokering the betting market so any oversights come with a high price. That being said, Notre Dame would be a small dog to Ohio State on a neutral field and more or less a pick'em to both A&M and Florida. They're just another team in that second tier, nothing special.

First 123