Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Drew Bree’s Apology no guts

If their was ever a sure bet in this world it was yesterday if someone would have offered me a wager if Drew would apologize for his comments I would have bet my sons life on it that he would. What a spineless asshole that he can’t stick by his true feelings just to fit in with the rest of the dumbass celebrities and sports figures that have no morals in this world. Disgraceful and I hope this bum continues chocking in the playoffs like he has his whole damn career.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Drew Brees' apology...

I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.

In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.

This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.

I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.

I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.

I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.

I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.

I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.

I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.

Black Coffee

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Very disappointed to see anyone apologize for not wanting to disrespect the AMERICAN FLAG or Anthem. Drew Bres you suck!! You lack a back bone..

I would never apologize for that.. I'd quit the National Football League before doing that..

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/s...ntl/index.html

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

surest bet i def agree. no way brees was going to be allowed by the team to let wednesday be his only words on this.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Very disappointed to see anyone apologize for not wanting to disrespect the AMERICAN FLAG or Anthem. Drew Bres you suck!! You lack a back bone..

I would never apologize for that.. I'd quit the National Football League before doing that..

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused."

You're now linking fake news CNN?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

Agreed clutchcutt, was thinking yesterday that Brees will have to come out with an "apology"..

Noone can have an opinion anymore unless it fits the BLM narrative.
    Points Awarded:

wakefield23 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Agreed clutchcutt, was thinking yesterday that Brees will have to come out with an "apology"..

Noone can have an opinion anymore unless it fits the BLM narrative.
    Great post, man

Sad times

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He's scared and folded like a cheap suit with that apology...

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Taking a knee is not disrespecting the flag. He should apologize because he was being ignorant to the reasons why people were taking a knee. At least if he’s apologizing it means he has the ability to understand others and grow which is more than I can say for a lot of people who are so stuck in their ways that they have zero ability to listen which is the true problem going on with our society.
    If anything taking a knee should represent wanting to create unity with all races in our society. I’m not sure if you will understand though because like a few on this site you stay stubborn and don’t ever open yourself up to others views or try to understand them
    Points Awarded:

JohnGalt2341 gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BestBoyMike gave goduke 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best to keep your mouth shut in
    Public

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14509

What Brees should have said was these guys should stop having side hoes, stop spending their money on cars and gold chains and take care of their damn families because being rich and famous is great but if you don't use your wealth and status to teach other black/african-americans the way then they'll still be having eight baby mommas and broke once they retire.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Best to keep your mouth shut in
    Public
    Or take the time to understand what is going on and understand why people are mad before you spout off thoughts hidden away behind your rich bubble. This is something you could learn to do as well minus the rich bubble.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Should never take a knee during the National Anthem, should always stand tall and at attention and put your hand on your heart.. That's respecting the America I know and for all the soldiers that fought and died for the Country we all enjoy today. That's American tradition and being American!!!.

Just because many black people and black athletes now want to kneel during the American National Anthem doesn't mean we Americans all have to and comply and when we don't then have to apologize for not wanting to do that afterwards.

I'm disgusted Drew apologized and is now walking back his comments.. That's the way I see it.

goduke

^ Should never take a knee during the National Anthem, should always stand tall and at attention and put your hand on your heart.. That's respecting the America I know and for all the soldiers that fought and died for the Country we all enjoy today. That's American tradition and being American!!!.

Just because many black people and black athletes now want to kneel during the American National Anthem doesn't mean we Americans all have to that and comply and when we don't then have to apologize for not wanting to do that afterwards.

I'm disgusted Drew apologized and is now walking back his comments.. That's the way I see it.
    No one is asking you to kneel but they are asking you to at least understand why they are kneeling and that it doesn’t have anything to do with disrespecting the flag or soldiers. Do you stand in your living room at home when the national anthem plays for all sporting events? Do you think everyone does that who supports your view? If you walk away and get chips or beer In your house are you disrespecting the soldiers?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    No one is asking you to kneel but they are asking you to at least understand why they are kneeling and that it doesn’t have anything to do with disrespecting the flag or soldiers. Do you stand in your living room at home when the national anthem plays for all sporting events? Do you think everyone does that who supports your view? If you walk away and get chips or beer In your house are you disrespecting the soldiers?
    This is where you are wrong, for many Americans, white Americans, veterans of war we see kneeling during the National Anthem as disrespecting the Flag and Country..

It goes both ways..

I get it.. If blacks want to kneel then go ahead I can't stop them. When Drew Bres said he doesn't want to kneel and catches MAJOR heat from his black players and then has to apologize for it, that's kinda weak and disturbing to see..

Drew Bres should not have to apologize for his views about this or get bullied because of them...

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7481

Jibbby is easily the dumbest poster here, especially since Big Bear is gone. Funny how the dumbest ones always post the most

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Jibbby is easily the dumbest poster here, especially since Big Bear is gone. Funny how the dumbest ones always post the most
    I'm so dumb you're right.. I graduated college did you Einstein? Just sharing opinions and views.. Doesn't make me dumb pal..

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3340

This certainly appears to be true. I wonder why?
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave JohnGalt2341 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

Apology doesn't matter.

Same teammates will still keep an eye on what he does and says.
    Fans that disagreed with him will say he said it just to save face and doesn't mean it.
    Original supporters will look at his as a wimp who cowered to pressure instead of his convictions.

He's all alone.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

He apologized for offending and hurting people

Read carefully

He still feels same way

He’s smart

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    He apologized for offending and hurting people

Read carefully

He still feels same way

He’s smart
    I never heard Colin Kappernick apologize once for hurting people when he first took a knee during the National Anthem which offended half the Country.

jjgold

It’s over

Back to capping

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

He has a house in Beverly hills and a very hot wife, and you live in your mothers basement

Who is the moron? Say it again

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    He has a house in Beverly hills and a very hot wife, and you live in your mothers basement

Who is the moron? Say it again
    He's single with no friends and lives with his mom.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post

This certainly appears to be true. I wonder why?
    you cant even correct a score at your own game

Black Coffee

In Brees own words...

In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.

Now whichever of you fellas want to debate that man's own words or continue fighting about it, know this:

You sound more ignorant with each post. YOU and your narrow-fixed mindset are the reason why you're sitting at home talking about using guns to protect your property..

You're fighting to hold on to your idiotic mindset. Drew Brees just informed you that HE was wrong and YOU are wrong. He even enlightened you as to WHY you are wrong.

Read the words numbnuts...

jjgold

God Bless all

Coffee might kick ass at bash

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19389

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post
    In Brees own words...

Now whichever of you fellas want to debate that man's own words or continue fighting about it, know this:

You sound more ignorant with each post. YOU and your narrow-fixed mindset are the reason why you're sitting at home talking about using guns to protect your property..

You're fighting to hold on to your idiotic mindset. Drew Brees just informed you that HE was wrong and YOU are wrong. He even enlightened you as to WHY you are wrong.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would realize that Brees' apology was a bunch of BS that he said because he doesn't want to lose his $10 mil/yr. job. It has nothing to do with "enlightenment".

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    If their was ever a sure bet in this world it was yesterday if someone would have offered me a wager if Drew would apologize for his comments I would have bet my sons life on it that he would. What a spineless asshole that he can’t stick by his true feelings just to fit in with the rest of the dumbass celebrities and sports figures that have no morals in this world. Disgraceful and I hope this bum continues chocking in the playoffs like he has his whole damn career.
    Money speaks. Everything is run by money. Even all the emotions that are pouring out right now, all surrounded by money.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7222

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post
    In Brees own words...

The fact you think he meant what he said tells me you actually bought the apology. I'm not on any side as far as his comments for yesterday go. He ONLY apologized because of pressure.

If he said what he said 15 days ago it would be a minor story. He in fact said the same thing in 2017 pretty much.

Not too many NFL players were sticking up for Kap now all of the sudden they are acting like he was right all along. Pete Carroll made me laugh yesterday.

Just get rid of the anthem if it's such a big deal.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Does kneeling during Anthem show no or less respect for veterans????

Asking for a friend

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

I stand by brees original comments. No kneeling during anthom

Black Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would realize that Brees' apology was a bunch of BS that he said because he doesn't want to lose his $10 mil/yr. job. It has nothing to do with "enlightenment".
    Disagree.

Brees was very much enlightened.. Enlightened that his first statement left him as a man alone on an island...
    He was also enlightened that if he didn't apologize, he would fukk himself even worse than he already has..

See, very enlightened..

Black Coffee

People also get on their knees to pray...

123 Last