hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    sad how kids in our country idolize morons who can't balance a check book.
    This

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    If you made 10,000,000 and simply put it in a CD that gets 2.5% (Ally Bank offers them) - you would make $250,000 a year in interest alone. How can anyone not be able to live on 250,000 a year?

Money Mgmt really isn't that hard. Put your money in CDs. Only spend the interest it makes. Never spend the principle
    It's not about Money Mgmt so much for these bone head star athletes as I see it more about their life styles that ruin them financially.

Mostly everyone could live in a nice home and drive a nice car and live comfortably off $250,000 a year (CD interest only).

When you talk about these athletes they need and want the mansions and Bentley's. Have to hook up family members also. $250,000 a year can't touch any of those things.. Also when you forget to pull out and impregnate the groupies then you are now paying child support which could be $250,000 a year by itself for each child..

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Its child support

Guy probably spending $500,000 on child support

So if he makes $5mm/ per year; $2.5mm after taxes. Figure it's under $1.5mm after agent, etc. Hes got $1mm/ yr to pay for everything and half that is kids

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Well the rest of society will either be paying for his little gritters or get mugged by them so the joke is on us

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

one of the most ironic threads in the history of the internet.

the comments here are absolutely poetic.

life is crazy.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Well the rest of society will either be paying for his little gritters or get mugged by them so the joke is on us
    Can always count on Willy to take the racism to another level.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

Another athlete who is broke.. surprise surprise.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why did Peterson have to drop so many loads??? Does he know when to pull out??

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

How the hell do you blow that kind of money. Women or not,99 million dollars down the pan.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    How the hell do you blow that kind of money. Women or not,99 million dollars down the pan.
    Love how these athletes blame it on their brokers... or some type of money manager who screwed it up for them lol

Why not use Tom Brady's money manager... etc? I'm sure word gets out on who everyone is using. Why are people so dumb?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Can always count on Willy to take the racism to another level.
    I just try to lead you out of your fog of deceit and let you bask in the warm light of truth

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Love how these athletes blame it on their brokers... or some type of money manager who screwed it up for them lol

Why not use Tom Brady's money manager... etc? I'm sure word gets out on who everyone is using. Why are people so dumb?
    Theirs always someone to point the finger at with these clowns. Either a broker or theyll blame family members,its never them buying up expensive houses,gold jewlery or flash cars. Nope that couldnt be part of the reason.

dlowilly

2+2=huh? is never a good recipe for financial well being

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just try to lead you out of your fog of deceit and let you bask in the warm light of truth
    You try to do that and they will call you a racist every time.

Remember everything is immediately deemed racist these days when they don't like or agree with your opinion. That word RACIST doesn't even mean anything anymore as it's being worn out and played out with a twist by blacks and libs.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Normally, guys like this. Would at least get a job coaching high school, but he would be flagged for prior child abuse. So he can't work around kids.

Could he get a job as a running backs coach in college? Maybe?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The truth of the matter is this. Peterson is just one of a number of stupid athletes that pissed their money away. Are many of them black? Yes. That is a fact.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

easy to blow through any amount of money without discipline and foresight but says he mistrusted the wrong people that can happen to anyone. should have been a basketball or baseball player transfer his resume to either of those sports and he'd be a 300 million athlete easily. 100 mil over a hof nfl career is not a lot comparatively

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The thing I think about more is if you never had money you can live happily being broke and struggling but being a rich man and getting a taste of that then going completely broke and out of work, filing bankruptcy and then going into debt is miserable and will make many turn to drugs or make some go suicidal..

I noticed this over the years and I know the poor and rich. Trust me on this. Poor are typically more happy in life and have more loved ones and friends.. Rich are happy when they first make all the money after that it's a dice roll.. It's lonely at the top, can't trust your friends..

Funny how that works right? Something spiritual to that I believe. Money can be the root of all evil but we do need it to survive.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The thing I think about more is if you never had money you can live happily being broke and struggling but being a rich man and getting a taste of that then going completely broke and out of work, filing bankruptcy and then going into debt is miserable and will make many turn to drugs or make some go suicidal..

I noticed this over the years and I know the poor and rich. Trust me on this. Poor are typically more happy in life and have more loved ones and friends.. Rich are happy when they first make all the money after that it's a dice roll.. It's lonely at the top, can't trust your friends..

Funny how that works right? Something spiritual to that I believe. Money can be the root of all evil but we do need it to survive.
    ^Spoken like a broke person. I was once poor then rich then poor again then rich again. Poor is miserable as shit. Ain’t no happiness being broke.

someone mentioned 2.5% in a CD? That’s about the worse thing you can do. You can’t even catch up to inflation plus you have to pay taxes on the gains. Much better investment avenues.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

^You say poor people have more friends and relatives? Bullshit... Money is all relative. The more money you have, the more relatives/friends you have.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Who gives a fukk !
    Absolutely zero impact to any of us muddafukkers

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is not out of league, guy has a 4 million dollar deal more than most of us make the rest of our lives

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    ^You say poor people have more friends and relatives? Bullshit... Money is all relative. The more money you have, the more relatives/friends you have.
    I have money now and I have friends because I don't flaunt my money. I'm not a show off. I don't go out my way to tell anyone I have money in real life.. I do that for a reason.

Mac you know nothing about being poor and rich.. I was poor and rich. I've been and seen both sides of the spectrum. Speak of what you know of or zip it pal..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

This is a redic post even for you pal.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

NFL and NBA player associations should force players to have 20% of their automatically invested, and they can't touch it until they retire, and what they have invested is giving to them over a 30 year period.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

I know at least 3 people on SBR that have been fathered by AP.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Too many orange peanuts

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    NFL and NBA player associations should force players to have 20% of their automatically invested, and they can't touch it until they retire, and what they have invested is giving to them over a 30 year period.
    That would not go over well...

"Why they takin my money n sheet? That my money, what is this slabery all oer again?"

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That would not go over well...

"Why they takin my money n sheet? That my money, what is this slabery all oer again?"
    The leagues already give them retirement pensions.. Pro athletes that retire broke will never go hungry or without a roof over their heads. Don't feel to sorry for them, I don't.. They played the sport they loved, blew the millions they made, that's on them.

https://grandstandcentral.com/2018/s...-to-earn-them/

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Thats like parents holding a trust for their son. These guys are old enough to look after themselves.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

lol

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Thats like parents holding a trust for their son. These guys are old enough to look after themselves.
    Obviously not

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    If you made 10,000,000 and simply put it in a CD that gets 2.5% (Ally Bank offers them) - you would make $250,000 a year in interest alone. How can anyone not be able to live on 250,000 a year?

Money Mgmt really isn't that hard. Put your money in CDs. Only spend the interest it makes. Never spend the principle
    Put it in an index fund and make 8%. After 99 million he would be making 8 million a year just sitting around the house.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Obviously not
    Sad but true.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-26-19 at 02:12 PM.

First 123 Last