2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

With the 2019 NBA playoffs in full swing, there are plenty of betting opportunities every night. Our experts -- Joe Fortenbaugh, Preston Johnson, Doug Kezirian and Jordan Schultz -- will be here each day throughout the postseason, giving their best bets for the evening's games.

All odds from the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook unless otherwise listed. As always, shop around for the best price.

Wednesday's games

Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks (-9)

Total: 218.5
Fortenbaugh: This series ended during the second half of Game 4 when the Bucks transformed a two-point halftime deficit into an eight-point lead entering the fourth quarter. From there, it was nothing but Giannis highlights coupled with Boston fans booing the Celtics off their own court. Kyrie Irving is officially checked out, and the rest of the roster is ready for vacation. I've got no problem whatsoever laying the big number with Milwaukee in this spot.

After falling in Game 1 to the Celtics, the Bucks responded in kind and rattled off three straight victories by an average of 13.3 points per game, with two of those wins coming on the road. Milwaukee finished the regular season ranked first in the NBA in net rating, first in defensive rating and second in effective field goal percentage. This team is legit.

When the Bucks had a chance to knock Detroit out of the postseason, they rolled the Pistons by 23 points. Expect a similar result Wednesday night, and don't be shy about betting Milwaukee in the first quarter and first half in addition to laying the points for the entire game.

Pick: Bucks -9

Kezirian: On paper, this is way too many points for Boston. However, the Celtics have been plagued by chemistry issues this entire season and that is something that is combustible when facing a 3-1 series deficit on the road. I do not see Boston possessing the necessary cohesion and mental toughness to extend this series. Additionally, Milwaukee's shooting is far superior, and Boston, like the entire NBA, lacks an answer for Giannis. This has serious blowout potential.

Pick: Bucks -9

Houston Rockets at Golden State Warriors(-6)

Total: 219.5
Fortenbaugh: Golden State has outscored Houston by the razor-thin margin of 448-447 through the first four games of this series, but not all quarters are created equal. This assertion is very clearly evidenced in the first quarter/second quarter splits that have seen the Warriors post a plus-22 first-quarter scoring differential in this series, with Houston quickly responding to record a staggering plus-29 second-quarter scoring differential.

With that I'm mind, I'm playing the hits in Game 5 and betting that the Warriors cover the first-quarter number before Golden State's bench responds unfavorably during the second 12-minute frame.

Pick: Warriors first quarter -1.5, in-game wager on Houston before the start of the second quarter

Schultz: The Warriors have been bet all the way down from -9.5 to -6, and understandably so, after Houston handled business on its home floor to even the series. Make no mistake, though, Golden State is the better team with the world's best player. Just as their backs were up against it in Game 6 versus the Clippers, look for the Warriors to provide a resounding response against Houston in Game 5.

For starters, Klay Thompson has to be better and far more aggressive. Also, it would be foolish to assume the Warriors will miss 25 of their 33 triples again. Not at home; not in this big a game. Assuming Andre Iguodala (knee) is good to go, Steve Kerr will rely on his death lineup to counter Mike D'Antoni's super small ball approach (Clint Capela played a series-low 21 minutes in Game 4). Kerr will also rely on Kevin Durant to take over and Steph Curry to resume his role as Steph Curry. Yes, it's that simple.

Pick: Warriors -6

Kezirian: At some point, the Warriors will play an entire game up to their potential. The likelihood probably increases in this game, given they are coming off back-to-back losses. So it might happen in Game 5, but it also might not, given their extensive track record of apathy. Either way, the Rockets are very talented and demonstrated in Game 4 that they can beat the Warriors at their own game -- 3-point shooting. I'll side with Houston in this spot, with trepidation, as a fading Golden State always scares me.

Pick: Lean Rockets +6

Johnson: The positive impact that Andre Iguodala has on the Golden State Warriors can't be overstated. In last season's playoffs, the Warriors were plus-15.5 per 100 possessions with Iguodala on the court. When he was off the court, the Warriors were minus-8.6. Though this year's playoffs haven't been as extreme, the drop-off is still extremely significant. Golden State is +11.5 in the playoffs this season with Iguodala on the court and -0.8 with him off. Through four games against the Rockets, the Warriors are just +0.3 with Iguodala on the court, but -6.2 with him off.

Iguodala is probable for Game 5 despite hyperextending his left knee, but even if he does play, he won't be 100 percent healthy. The Warriors' bench is thin already, and I don't think we can count on someone with Iguodala's injury history to be as effective. I would still be pro-Rockets anyway, even if the Warriors were at full strength. Houston has been undervalued in the market, in my opinion, since March before these playoffs began. I'll take the six points, whether Iguodala plays or not. But if he's out or plays hurt and is unable to defend James Harden at the level Golden State desperately needs, I think the +6 will be a strong number to have in our back pockets.

Pick: Rockets +6