SportJunkie
    Update your status
    SportJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

I was watching the game and it was one dumb ass call........I was shocked!!!!!!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What a fukking idiot.
    Giant, your posts have been Top-notch of late! Great job.

No doubt, re: Reich. What an ass-hole. And u knew he was gonna justify it w/ tough guy talk at presser.

Talk tough all u want. Doesn't change the math. Coaches aren't picking up on the nuance of the new Tie rule (10:00 max). A Tie would actually be valuable in the Wildcard standings. Down the stretch, 9-6-1 might look pretty good.

ChuckyTheGoat

How much $$ changed hands on that decision? Everyone w/ dog price cashes on both sides, if they punt.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What a fukking idiot.
    is it possible to handicap this level of retardation? he makes pagano look like a genius

ChuckyTheGoat

frank 3rd reich

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

If he didn't went for it the first time in overtime, down into Texans territory, he shouldn't have went for it the second time. He had his opportunity to win the game. At some point, you gotta be smart as well, not give away a win to a division rival. Still, a tie is better than a lost. I like his aggressiveness, but he was aggressive at the wrong time. And you gotta have a better playcall.

Two bad decisions in that overtime from Reich.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

had the texans personally, but I agree 100% with rm.

Colts arent that good and they need to get a win in that game.

You have andrew luck and you probably are about 50% maybe a little more to get the first down the way they were moving the ball, as well as one of the best kickers ever.

The sorry defense would have only needed to stop maybe 2 two plays to get the tie.

he loses a half game to a team that isnt going to be in the playoffs, the gamble was worth it.

I'm shocked how dumb everyone thinks this was, because some idiot announcer said so?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Frank Reich motto: "Lose with dignity than tie a game".

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Giant, your posts have been Top-notch of late! Great job.

No doubt, re: Reich. What an ass-hole. And u knew he was gonna justify it w/ tough guy talk at presser.

Talk tough all u want. Doesn't change the math. Coaches aren't picking up on the nuance of the new Tie rule (10:00 max). A Tie would actually be valuable in the Wildcard standings. Down the stretch, 9-6-1 might look pretty good.
    Im sure if he believed they had a shot at being 9-6-1 at the end of the season things would have played out differently.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

wont matter one bit come December

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The coach is as good it’s it’s quarterback

accountant
    always counting
    accountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Frank Reich did what he did because he had to. And he will do it the very next time as well. If all would be going by pure logic - there wouldn't be a human factor in it and no drama.
    You're talking about this and what about MLB 4 teams playing for two wild cards and division winners? I guarantee you in 10 years from now all the teams in the division will finish with the same record and replay the league all over since in the players contracts they won't have to get paid more and the leagues will make extra money.
    Being naive is a privilege. Yesterday some of you were deprived of that privilege. Welcome to the real world

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    had the texans personally, but I agree 100% with rm.

Colts arent that good and they need to get a win in that game.

You have andrew luck and you probably are about 50% maybe a little more to get the first down the way they were moving the ball, as well as one of the best kickers ever.

The sorry defense would have only needed to stop maybe 2 two plays to get the tie.

he loses a half game to a team that isnt going to be in the playoffs, the gamble was worth it.

I'm shocked how dumb everyone thinks this was, because some idiot announcer said so?
    But going for it and getting first down insures nothing they still had a ways to go and burned a t.o. trying to draw them offsides. He chose pretty much the only way they could lose the game.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Every single week I watch games with horrible play calling, poor clock mgmt, mismanaged timeouts etc etc. it goes on and on. Its hard to believe sometimes the amount of money these guys are getting paid.

Giants had 3 timeouts at the end of the half. They didnt use any of them. They watched NO run the clock all the way down and kick a FG. You would think they would have saved some time to try and score, no? I mean they were losing. When you are losing, one would think, you would want a possession to try and score. One would think..

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

And dont even get me started about penn st calling time out on sat night on 4th and 5 to run a zone read hand off. You think Franklin wishes he put the ball in McSorley’s hands??

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Apparently he admitted today that he didn’t know rule and thought ties don’t count and this was reason he went for it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Early this season, Colts coach Frank Reich decided to gamble and play to win by going for it on fourth down in the final minute of overtime against the Texans. It didn’t work, as the Colts were stopped, the Texans got the ball back in Colts territory, and Houston kicked a game-winning field goal.

Reich stood by his decision at the time. He may wish he could have that one back down the road.

That’s because of the way the AFC playoff picture is currently shaping up. The Colts are currently 5-5 and the No. 9 team, in a five-way tie in the crowded race for the last playoff spot in the AFC. But if they had tied that game with the Texans they’d be 5-4-1 and they’d be the No. 6 seed. With a tie they’d also be just a game behind the Texans for the AFC South lead, but because they lost they’re two games behind and the Texans have the tiebreaker.

Reich said after that Texans loss that he would do the same thing “10 times out of 10.” If the Colts end up missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker, he may rethink those odds.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Reich is doing a heck of a job. The Colts are much better than anticipated, especially the defense and running game.

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Reich is doing a heck of a job. The Colts are much better than anticipated, especially the defense and running game.
    Me thinks Frankie has big balls. I agree with the call/his players finally have a fuk'in coach with big ones

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

he's top 3 for coach of the year with that roster

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

You could seriously make the argument that the Colts getting Frank Reich as their HC after Josh McDaniels backed out was the best long-term offseason move in 2018.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can't never teach Reich that a tie is not a bad thing. You just have to live for another day and see what happens.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    he's top 3 for coach of the year with that roster
    I agree! Someone with a more loader roster will get it though.

I’ve been advocating for Luck as Top 3-5 QB for last 6 years and consistently. I haven’t seen him play this year, but hopefully he back.

First 12