hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Replay Review needs to Change !!!

All sports. The delay this causes, and they often still make the wrong decision!

Many coaches misuse it, challenging really close inconclusive plays.

Solution = the leagues already have the home office watching the games, so what they can do is chime-in when a really obvious bad call is made, and correct it. As many times as needed. We all can see when a terrible call is made. For the borderline calls, let it stand. Not for balls and strikes, either.

Let's see the games flow and just reverse the obvious bad calls.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s killing the game actually

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I'd prefer a game without replay, slows the game down too much.

But since that won't happen, let's use it for its actual purpose, to correct obvious errors. Look at 1 slow mo replay, maybe 2 if it's not obvious you made the wrong call it stays. Put a shot clock on it.

We should not be using NASA level cameras to slow down a play to a super slow mo to see if a ball rotated a quarter of a centimeter from the 14th angle.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Play Ball!!

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I hate the off sides challenge in the NHL.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Delays do suck for fans and players.. Throws off everything when there is a long stoppage and especially in hoops... Can change the way the game was going... NFL is bad with the delays and instant replays also.. Nothing instant about it...

Good time to take a leak or get a snack from the fridge though ..

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Totally agree, They've over fuk'in technology'd the game. Sadly, it's not gonna go away and will continue to slow the game. Computerized laser ball tracking, the stuff you see when they replay and pitcher's throw locations, will probably eventually replace the need for a home plate umpire. All the camera angles we have now, there is no human umpire judgement calls anymore. Kinda sad really.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I hate the off sides challenge in the NHL.
    Don't you want them to get it right though???

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

the intent of Replay Review was to avoid costing a team a possible win because of a very bad call.

All sports have over-complicated it. Just have oversight from the home office, halt play on an obvious wrong call, and overturn it. There are examples of costly wrong calls we can all remember.

Don't need the coaches challenges, IF there is integrity by the league.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

The reality of the situation is that no matter what happens people are still going to complain. I find it funny that the same people that are upset about replay now are the same people that wanted replay. The fact of the matter is you can't have it both ways and we are learning that even with replay the calls aren't always going to be right. So instead of just accepting the human error element, like we did for 100 years, we not only still have errors but it takes an extra 5 minutes per challenge. Only now it just pisses people off even more when refs fuk up a call they had 9 different refs look at for 10 minutes. People are always trying to fix shit that isn't broken and here we are still not satisfied.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

I like the coaches challenge on off-side in the NHL....The goalie situation now is up to people in Toronto, no longer the refs.....Only 2 challenges a coach can make. The goalie must be protected and players live on the edge around the crease.. Not bad and i want them to get the call right......I would rather watch paint dry than BB so that's out...FB takes way to long...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Don't you want them to get it right though???
    I would like them to get rid of the off sides challenge. Make it not challengeable. They are splitting hairs with these calls. Most goals do not happen because a guy was a quarter inch off sides. Then they have to rewind the clock. They can challenge this but they can’t challenge delay of game penalties when a defenseman hits the puck off the glass and it goes out of play? Ridiculous!

I like goal reviews though.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3692

Without replay review, big-market teams always get the favor over small-market teams. Replay review is must.