PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazon is to brick and mortar as Walmart was to department and grocery stores...........

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm a commercial landlord.. Come at me bro!!!

I'm one of the cooler ones though... I don't do triple net leases either although I probably should..
    It's all good if you did Triple Net... or Gross. Doesn't matter... what matters is what you agree upon in regards to PRICE.

Only businesses surviving... are those gas stations and party stores that sell "Loosey Cigs" (which are illegal)

I know a guy that told me he makes around $600-$700 a day... selling Loose Cigarettes.
    You have to take risks in order to survive.

All business sell illegal sh#$ every day. It's the act of not getting caught.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's all good if you did Triple Net... or Gross. Doesn't matter... what matters is what you agree upon in regards to PRICE.

Only businesses surviving... are those gas stations and party stores that sell "Loosey Cigs" (which are illegal)

I know a guy that told me he makes around $600-$700 a day... selling Loose Cigarettes.
    You have to take risks in order to survive.

All business sell illegal sh#$ every day. It's the act of not getting caught.
    Triple nets can brutal when the property is old and starts breaking down and the tenant has to pay for the maintenance and up keep, it can be brutal when those property taxes and insurance rates balloon year after year... It's really brutal when you are locked into a 5-10 year lease that is non negotiable and when all those costs go up on you...

I've seen triple nets slowly begin to ruin business owners over time.... Not pretty. I don't like to burden my commercial tenant with any of that and he appreciates it..

I own the land and building for a car dealership here in LA, California.. This one property enabled me to retire at 45 years of age and concentrate on sports gambling now.. That's the power of Commercial real estate investing.. I just wait for the check to come in the mail every month now.. Very little management required.. I don't even think about the property or drive by it anymore.. Same tenant has been there for 15 years now..

If you guys can save money and build some credit then try to buy commercial.. Could take months to lease when vacant but once leased and you get a good business owner in there it can run for decades.. You just sit back and collect rent and do nothing but pay off your loan which I did already...

It's a beautiful thing.. I laugh at people that mess with stocks and other risky investments.. I'm not trying to be a dick either.. I just know.. What also is funny most people with money are scared to buy commercial property because they think it's to complicated or a hassle.. Nothing can be more opposite...

If you are a total retard you can even hire a management company to manage it. You wanna retire early in life buy commercial property in a decent area if you can, that's the secret. Don't buy a house or duplex and think that's great and you're done, it's garbage and you'll be working for the rest of your life at some job or business you don't even like......

Think pennies you make pennies.. Think dollars and you get dollars..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-27-17 at 05:17 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Of course.. I haven't shopped for a clothes or electronics in stores for years

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Havent been to the mall in along time,use to be the only game in town.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

"I know Blockbuster movie rental stores closed down near me recently"

Looks like I invented time travel.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    "I know Blockbuster movie rental stores closed down near me recently"

Looks like I invented time travel.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jibby pot is your best friend

Lol you Cali guys all the same

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jibby pot is your best friend

Lol you Cali guys all the same
    I got some weed tucked away on my shelf, I'll probably never smoke it though.. It's a big jar of chronic, might be dried up now.. I don't smoke anymore JJ.. Slows me down.. I don't hate on it though either..

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Just wait until this whole internet fad goes away

PAULYPOKER

Jibster.........

Think small time and you will be small time............

Think Big time and you will be Big time......

"Think and grow rich"......(1937)....by...Napoleon Hill........
    Best inspirational book ever written..............

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Just wait until this whole internet fad goes away
    What?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Jibster.........

Think small time and you will be small time............

Think Big time and you will be Big time......

"Think and grow rich"......(1937)....by...Napoleon Hill........
    Best inspirational book ever written..............
    One of my favorite books that pushed me to get started was "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.. I still have that sitting on my bookshelf today. GREAT BOOK!!!! .. Richest man in Babylon by George Clayson is another good one as well...

Pauly you know!!!

Rich dad poor dad is garbage IMO... Motivational though..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    What?

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Internet is a fvkin fad. Will go away by 2020.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I just saw on the news bankruptcy filed this year are are up 30% for retail stores....

http://time.com/money/4812870/retailers-bankruptcy-risk-sears-amazon/

Sporting good stores and others like Toys R Us are dying out quickly... I know Blockbuster movie rental stores closed down near me recently. More and more people are shopping online, I know I am guilty of that.. Amazon is where it's at for me these days for shopping..

Who wants to hop in your car and battle traffic, mall crowds and probably not find a sale in the retail stores? I don't..

Thoughts?
    its not the internet... its the bozo clowns they hire to work at these stores... unpleasant people. actually went to a Best Buy not to long ago to buy a google home for one of my clients I had just sold a home to... wanted to blow my fukin brains out.

not for nothing, after looking at that list.. not surprised to see Neiman Marcus on there.. a bunch of pretentious assholes working there.. had some chick eyeing the shit outta me a while back while looking at a pair of sunglasses.. girl treated me like dirt because I didn't look the part.. she ended up helping some guy who most definitely looked the part. wasted her time asking to try on 8 different pairs and didn't buy any... meanwhile, someone else came to help me, I didn't even try them on, just told her to put them in a bag... people can't go around treating one another like crap in the service industry nonetheless and expect to run a profitable business.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 12-27-17 at 07:37 PM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Internet is a fvkin fad. Will go away by 2020.
    JJ, is that you?

First 12