stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Has Anyone Ever Had This?

Salmonella.

After 48 hours of horrendous digestive problems (diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea) I checked myself into the ER today. Wouldn’t you know they found salmonella in my stool sample. I wouldn’t wish what I went through these past 2days on my worst of enemies. I was debilitated and haven’t slept since Friday evening.

Anyway, got two scripts for antibiotics, another for nausea, and another for abdominal cramping.

I got the whole dietary spiel for the next few days (I haven’t eaten since Friday and still have no desire to) and thankfully hooked me up with 2 IV fluid bags and some bomb ass liquid morphine

I guess what I really wanna know is who’s had this and how long did it take for you to feel “normal” again? I know I still got a ways to go but I wanna know when I can stop spending the majority of my day on the can.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

I had it pretty bad about 4 years ago. I also went into the ER, ad was given meds. Also, you have to drink as much fluids as possible without over doing it so you keep them down. Also Gatoraid, because you will probably be super dehydrated still even after the IV's. Also, if you can go get some pedialyte, that worked wonders for me as well. As to your question...I felt back to normal after about a week since I got it. Better each day after about day 3...The cramping went away, and was able to eat normally after day 4. Was still tired and fatigued for about 1 week, but the squirts went away after day 4ish. Get better man....the chit sucks, but after 3 days, the worse should be behind you.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Any clue when & what you got it from?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

I feel ya Stealthy....I've had the worst food poisoning known to man and almost died 15 years ago.. My stomach was in a tight knot.. Spraying and barfing out of both ends none stop.. Got so dehydrated I needed to be rushed to the ER as I was passing out.. I was minutes away from dying as I was told...

I had the same treatment, IV bags and immediate medical attention saved my assss. It was horrible.. I felt like I was dying and knew it... Luckily I got rushed to the ER by a friend whom is like a brother as I was stubborn and fighting it.. I hate the hospital and doctors but they saved my life on that day..

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Fawwwwwwwk.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I had it pretty bad about 4 years ago. I also went into the ER, ad was given meds. Also, you have to drink as much fluids as possible without over doing it so you keep them down. Also Gatoraid, because you will probably be super dehydrated still even after the IV's. Also, if you can go get some pedialyte, that worked wonders for me as well. As to your question...I felt back to normal after about a week since I got it. Better each day after about day 3...The cramping went away, and was able to eat normally after day 4. Was still tired and fatigued for about 1 week, but the squirts went away after day 4ish. Get better man....the chit sucks, but after 3 days, the worse should be behind you.
    Yea I was still dehydrated even after the IVs but it helped me immensely. The dr asked me to drink 30 oz of contrast solution for my CT scan. I was like wtf are you kidding me, I can barely sip plain water. Luckily They has me so loaded on Pepcid, Zofran, and morphine I was able to put it away in like an hour.

I got some some pedialyte when this started, but the thought of drinking it was nauseating even though I don’t usually mind it’s taste.

Im on day 3 but only day one with the meds. I really hope I have your trajectory, I can’t imagine anything worse than those first 48 hrs. Thanks for sharing funny

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Any clue when & what you got it from?
    My original thought was my sisters cooking on thanksgiving, but that is probably unlikely considering no one else in my family also got it. I’m sure the leftovers are fine but trust me I ain’t touching any of it.

My parent proposed I think a good theory - when I visit them I let their dog slobber my face, I’m the only one who allows their dog to do that. She prolly got into something rancid Friday.

lesson learned the hard way

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I feel ya Stealthy....I've had the worst food poisoning known to man and almost died 15 years ago.. My stomach was in a tight knot.. Spraying and barfing out of both ends none stop.. Got so dehydrated I needed to be rushed to the ER as I was passing out.. I was minutes away from dying as I was told...

I had the same treatment, IV bags and immediate medical attention saved my assss. It was horrible.. I felt like I was dying and knew it... Luckily I got rushed to the ER by a friend whom is like a brother as I was stubborn and fighting it.. I hate the hospital and doctors but they saved my life on that day..
    Damn jibs hearing that scares the shit out of me, no pun intended. I guess I was lucky enough to not have vomited, there were times when I got close, but nausea was as close to vomiting as I got.

I dont doubt you thought you were gonna die. I’ve had the stomach flu before and usually got through it in less than 2 days. Then this kept up like a runaway freight train, and I questioned if there was going to be an end to all the diarrhea. My ass is raw and beet red from all the shit. I’m spending this evening sterilizing every thing in my goddamn house

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are pussiesss

I got poisoned by poisonous mushrooms when I was 20. Let it ride. Despite shitting and puking blood profusely, aluccinating in fever not able to sleep with horrible cramps all over my body... I rode it out. No hospital.

I was already moved out of house by then. My roomate came to house and found a pool of blood in the living room, he freaked out got out and called my cel... Told him I was dying that he had come and put me out lol.

Luckily my employer bought it was bad sea food poisoning...

Told my mom like the 2nd day I had a virus... visited me, bbrough me chicken soup, jello and bunch of fruitsa/fluids...

Ever since I cant stand lactose or certain greasy foods. Suffer stomach pains at least twice a week but im used to it, and marihuana helps.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    My original thought was my sisters cooking on thanksgiving, but that is probably unlikely considering no one else in my family also got it. I’m sure the leftovers are fine but trust me I ain’t touching any of it.

My parent proposed I think a good theory - when I visit them I let their dog slobber my face, I’m the only one who allows their dog to do that. She prolly got into something rancid Friday.

lesson learned the hard way

Good to hear you're on your way to recovery

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The stomach cramps were the worst.. Just a knot then sharp pains.. It sucked.. I basically ate a rude poison is some food.. I still don't know what it was to this day.. I don't even want to call what I had as food poisoning, I'll just call it poison...

If you made this far Stealthy you are good to go.. The raw ass from spaying sucks.. Nothing hydrates you better then those IV bags though.. If you dehydrate again just go back to the ER and have them hook you up again..

Gatorade and all that other crap isn't gonna work like an IV bag drip...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Stealthy get well soon pal. I can imagine that type of thing can be life threatening for people who can hula hoop through a Cheerio.
    Points Awarded:

stealthyburrito gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Damn!

On the upside though....killer way to drop some lbs super quick! Of course Stealthy’s emaciated ass doesn’t news to drop any lb’s. I could though. Stealthy always selfish like that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Visited JJ one day and he gave me one of those pre packaged lunchmeat Italian subs from Jersey. Spent two days at Coopers hospital. They said the meat might have been sitting for months and JJ is a big discount customer.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Get well soon dude. Had a friend who had it. Was not good times

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thor watch your back

I had diarrhea for one week straight
    Some sort of virus

Lash year in the hospital with mono but didn’t know I had it initially

Stealty should start feeling better tomorrow Plus you know what it is which is good

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Got minority report scene?