Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I Think The Astros Are Going To Show Us A New Phase Of Handling Player Personnel

I really think they are going to revert to New England Patriot thinking. As players are getting closer to signing big deals, if the Astros can't sign them to a hometown discount by before their last season, I see them being shipped out for prospects to keep the farm system going. Dallas Keuchel will be the first one. He is a free agent after 2018. If they can't get him to sign on the dotted line, I would not be shocked to see the Astros trade him before the season started so they could get a maximum amount of prospects for him. They already have several pitchers in their farm system that are a year or two away from coming up.

I think they do everything they can to keep Altuve (he signed a "security" deal until 2020) , but he has Boras as an agent, and the Astros have not done well with old Scott. Think of the haul Altuve could bring in. Fans would be pissed, but if you keep winning like the Patriots do, it might not matter as much.

Luhnow has shown he loves his prospects, and knows how to get the good ones. If he keeps bringing up new guys, and signs free agents as needed like he did this last offseason, I think he can keep these guys competitive for a long time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

KLC Houston does not have TOM BRADY

STOP

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't complain about bad baseball contracts anymore after i see what team control does it should be a crime how mlb teams control these youngsters for so long when they should be making tens of millions they can earn 500k our local team the rays are signing guys to long deals early really bad contracts i know springer they offered something really low few years ago he turned it down

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

boras can suck my fukkin' rooster.... thanks to that fat fuk i had to wait until last night to enjoy astros baseball....

i'd kick him in the nuts on sight.....

Auto Donk

i'm not even sure where the big 4's contracts are....

wanna keep bregman, springer, correa and altuve together as long as possible.... the rest of em can hit the f'n road, tho i do like gurriel a bit....

hopefully these guys care more about championships than buying their ho's overpriced shit....

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Luhnow smart dude, learn a lot working for my cardinals!!

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Cubs have the bigger problem.

Auto Donk

we need to clean house on the pen except for davensky.....

we're officially in the market for a closer, obviously.....

spend the fukkiin' money....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I think they wont win anytime soon. It's always hype. We heard how the cubs would win year after year. It's too hard to repeat. Nobody has repeated since the 2000 Yankees. They will contend for sure though.

I think the Cubs win next year

slapshot81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think they wont win anytime soon. It's always hype. We heard how the cubs would win year after year. It's too hard to repeat. Nobody has repeated since the 2000 Yankees. They will contend for sure though.

I think the Cubs win next year
    cubs haha no way
    yanks vs dodgers

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot81 View Post
    cubs haha no way
    yanks vs dodgers
    Nah man . Cubs will reload. Epstein and maddon too smart. This year they had high expectations and now will be back with no one expecting them to win. Maybe nats as well.

slapshot81
    Update your status

not when they pay haywood jablow hundreds of millions guy cant hit schwarber cant field baez cant shorten up his swing ks too much did u notice how bad zborist is declining cubs in trouble got cards taking central next year

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nah man . Cubs will reload. Epstein and maddon too smart. This year they had high expectations and now will be back with no one expecting them to win. Maybe nats as well.
    I think scrubbies had such a much deserved big long party after winning the WS it carried over into this season. After carrying the weight of the city to get that 1 it was kinda inevitable they let down.. not to mention those pitchers logged a ton of innings last season. Sadly that core is still young, talented, and primed to compete for many many years, And like you said they will reload their staff.,, cards gonna have some work to do this offseason, Reyes will be back which is huge, we gotta find middle of order bat!!

2daBank

not when they pay haywood jablow hundreds of millions guy cant hit schwarber cant field baez cant shorten up his swing ks too much did u notice how bad zborist is declining cubs in trouble got cards taking central next year
    Cards gonna have to make a few moves. You know cubs will, money ain't no thing to them!

We gotta get middle of the order power hitter! Reyes will be back but how many innings will he be able to give off tj surgery? I'm excited for full season of weaver. Hopefully we found a gem in Dejung and he doesn't pull Diaz type regression! Lot of young kids got lots of valuable time for us last year which should pay dividends moving forward.

You know scrubbies won't sit back and do nothing, they will continually make moves to get better.

slapshot81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think scrubbies had such a much deserved big long party after winning the WS it carried over into this season. After carrying the weight of the city to get that 1 it was kinda inevitable they let down.. not to mention those pitchers logged a ton of innings last season. Sadly that core is still young, talented, and primed to compete for many many years, And like you said they will reload their staff.,, cards gonna have some work to do this offseason, Reyes will be back which is huge, we gotta find middle of order bat!!
    i got ur middle order bat jd martinez welcome to the cardinals

2daBank

i got ur middle order bat jd martinez welcome to the cardinals
    I dunno,, He what like 31? Getting up there for a slugger, not right now but power declines so cards not likely to hand him a long term deal. Could be wrong but just not typically their mo (fowler was round same age I think but speed and on base don't decline as rapidly I hear)., They could have competed w what dbags gave up if they thought they would sign him long term but my guess is that why they didn't try and trade for him. Bit man was he a monster after being traded to zona!!!

We have a ton of tradable assets and we also incredibly deep in like 3 positions and thin at others. Gonna be interesting off season. Cards certainly have the money and assets to fill the gaps it just a matter of them going out and doing it. Scrubbies young core is great, they not going anywhere!

slapshot81
    Update your status

I dunno,, He what like 31? Getting up there for a slugger, not right now but power declines so cards not likely to hand him a long term deal. Could be wrong but just not typically their mo (fowler was round same age I think but speed and on base don't decline as rapidly I hear)., They could have competed w what dbags gave up if they thought they would sign him long term but my guess is that why they didn't try and trade for him. Bit man was he a monster after being traded to zona!!!

We have a ton of tradable assets and we also incredibly deep in like 3 positions and thin at others. Gonna be interesting off season. Cards certainly have the money and assets to fill the gaps it just a matter of them going out and doing it. Scrubbies young core is great, they not going anywhere!
    cubs arent all that great dodgers setup way better than cubs chicago has bull pen issues starter issues the lineup its pretty weak after 5 hole yanks and dodgers and astros all setup for ws next 3 years

2daBank

cubs arent all that great dodgers setup way better than cubs chicago has bull pen issues starter issues the lineup its pretty weak after 5 hole yanks and dodgers and astros all setup for ws next 3 years
    That was as close as doyers choking asses will get. Think you underselling how willing scrubbies are to spend and how smart management is. Not to mention they have legit superstars in Bryant and rizzo, the shortstop Russell still a kid. I'd be thrilled if cubs fell off but I think that wishful thinking more than anything, they gonna be around for next 5 years. Agree yanks certainly on the rise, they were a year early this season.

slapshot81
    Update your status

cubs have alot holes u will see they be fighting for wild card spot this year

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Can we take a moment to appreciate how thicc correas fiancé is? Fuxkin dime
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave shocka1212 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

cubs have alot holes u will see they be fighting for wild card spot this year
    They will be battling cards for division with other team fighting for wc. Assuming cards do the right thing this offseason.

slapshot81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Can we take a moment to appreciate how thicc correas fiancé is? Fuxkin dime
    i thought he would do better as a mlb star

2daBank

Lol. You ever seen Kurt warners wife? Woof.. gotta give it to dude, most guys would have upgraded from girl he had while bagging groceries!!

slapshot81
    Update your status

Lol. You ever seen Kurt warners wife? Woof.. gotta give it to dude, most guys would have upgraded from girl he had while bagging groceries!!
    i saw the pagent pics and last night doesn't look like same person maybe she's pregnant or something and gained 30 lbs

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

you're crazY..
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave shocka1212 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

you're crazY..
    What she look like shocka? Never seen?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

you're crazY..
    No doubt. What a piece.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

How about love...not all about looks

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

What she look like shocka? Never seen?

2daBank

Damn, snapshot has some super high standards! Lol. She looks hot to me.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Rarely does handing out huge contracts to pitchers work. id agree with moving a guy like keuchel.

But i dont see how you dont do everything possible to lock up the altuve/correa/springer/bregman core for 10 years.