mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

MLB betting is a joke

Literally I think most of us would do better if we just threw darts at the wall to pick sides. The under/overs also ridiculously unpredictable. Logic never plays out and motivation is impossible to predict. Also, teams are all so close to .500 compared to other sports that there really aren't many solid picks. I'm done betting mlb other than the odd prop

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

MLB is the most profitable sport to bet on. Hang in there.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Then don't bet it

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7360

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    MLB is the most profitable sport to bet on. Hang in there.
    MLB is so easy. Dogs win 70 games out of 162.

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17555

Its Players salaries that are ruining sports betting. These jokers get paid whether they win,lose or draw so they could GAFL abouting winning/covering. Been that way since the 90s when player salaries started getting crazy and bigger then the game. Ruined sports and sports betting.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Fade yourself

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Fade yourself

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Funny.... bookies get slammed by MLB only to get it all back and then some on NFL

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

MLB progressions get it done over here....

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Funny.... bookies get slammed by MLB only to get it all back and then some on NFL
    I would love to see some data on this. Don't think the bookies get 'slammed' on any sports

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

MLB is so easy, you just suck, man.

Look, when the Cubs started out slowly and were projected to win 96+ games, you should have been JUMPING on them against bad teams like the Reds and Pirates who have +10000 odds to win the NL Central. You're one of those flavor of the day type of guys who bets whichever team is hot and that's why you suck at MLB betting because you don't understand who's behind schedule and who's gonna be there at the end (Not the Yankees or Diamondbacks, but I bet you'll keep dumping huge money line $$$ on them).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guys crumbling

I called it

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Literally I think most of us would do better if we just threw darts at the wall to pick sides. The under/overs also ridiculously unpredictable. Logic never plays out and motivation is impossible to predict. Also, teams are all so close to .500 compared to other sports that there really aren't many solid picks. I'm done betting mlb other than the odd prop
    In your own post saying how horrible MLB is to bet one of your complaints ironically outlines exactly why it a great sport to bet. The fact so many teams are so close to .500 and the fact even the best teams lose 60 games and worst win 60 games all great to make profit. That means everyday you can find games that basically coinflips between 2 teams with not much separating them where one is plus money. Who cares that the outcome of any one particular game hard to predict when you can get plus money that has a 50% chance of winning, if you can't turn profit with that what sport can you???
    Last edited by 2daBank; 04-30-17 at 07:10 PM.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by robbiestacks View Post
    mlb is so easy, you just suck, man.

Look, when the cubs started out slowly and were projected to win 96+ games, you should have been jumping on them against bad teams like the reds and pirates who have +10000 odds to win the nl central. You're one of those flavor of the day type of guys who bets whichever team is hot and that's why you suck at mlb betting because you don't understand who's behind schedule and who's gonna be there at the end (not the yankees or diamondbacks, but i bet you'll keep dumping huge money line $$$ on them).
    stfu

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    MLB is so easy, you just suck, man.

Look, when the Cubs started out slowly and were projected to win 96+ games, you should have been JUMPING on them against bad teams like the Reds and Pirates who have +10000 odds to win the NL Central. You're one of those flavor of the day type of guys who bets whichever team is hot and that's why you suck at MLB betting because you don't understand who's behind schedule and who's gonna be there at the end (Not the Yankees or Diamondbacks, but I bet you'll keep dumping huge money line $$$ on them).
    LOL robbie all I've seen from you is losers posted and gay immature posts after the games are over. Take a hike pal. Are you like 12?

mcfugly

And also, your amazing analysis of my betting is so genius. I haven't made any MLB picks at all LOL, the whole point of my post is that I've been following people's posts because I don't know baseball and they all seem to be losing. You are so stupid it hurts my brain

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

And also, your amazing analysis of my betting is so genius. I haven't made any MLB picks at all LOL, the whole point of my post is that I've been following people's posts because I don't know baseball and they all seem to be losing. You are so stupid it hurts my brain
    Lol. No arguing that! His entire post is assine and typical of someone who clueless as to how to bet bases. His advice, "pound the most overpriced team!", lmfao..

There lots of guys doing well, curious as to who you watching, typically same guys that do well most years that post bases around here..

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    MLB is so easy. Dogs win 70 games out of 162.
    LB gets it, either he got it before listening to Nashy or got it from reading Nashy.
    Unless your name is Benjamin Lee (Dr. Chalk) Eckstein you will go broke betting faves.

Without going into mind numbing details, spot playing underdogs is the way to go betting bases.
    Another way to show a profit is betting a road favorite you like on the road on the run line.
    Instead of laying -150 on the road, bet it on the run line (-1.5 runs) at +120 or so.

Stay away from those -180 games, they'll bury you, unless one thinks they are good enough to win 2 out of every 3 games at -160 or -180 or so you can show a modest profit, but the common recreational bettor is not good enough to win 2 out 3 favorites. It's just not that easy as one thinks.

I'd say at least 8 out 10 bettors can't hit at a 65 percent rate even betting favorites.

If one plays pick 'em games or underdogs, and stays away from anything higher than -125 or so, you can show a profit while winning only 45 percent of your games.

RangeFinder

You haven't followed my posts. Not saying that I'm the top guy, but , you would be up.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Finished April almost +13 units after 200 plays. Volume isn't for everyone but MLB is the sport I am most comfortable worth using shotgun approach.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Finished April almost +13 units after 200 plays. Volume isn't for everyone but MLB is the sport I am most comfortable worth using shotgun approach.
    Yeah, I like your approach to betting baseball.
    You're as rock solid as they come.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    You haven't followed my posts. Not saying that I'm the top guy, but , you would be up.
    I'll start tailing you range. I want to learn MLB, there's so many games I can see if you figure it out where it could be big money. Might just be judging based on too small of a sample size and tailed at the wrong times.

One thing for sure tho, won't be tailing robbiestackz lol dude just seems to get buried every night and come on posting "winners" after they've happened. What a complete chump

stevenash

I'll start tailing you range. I want to learn MLB, there's so many games I can see if you figure it out where it could be big money. Might just be judging based on too small of a sample size and tailed at the wrong times.

One thing for sure tho, won't be tailing robbiestackz lol dude just seems to get buried every night and come on posting "winners" after they've happened. What a complete chump
    Start with breaking down each of the teams starting pitchers
    Find out what their strengths and weaknesses are.
    One pither might be a beast against left handed batters. Another might give up an abnormal amount of home runs to right handed batters.
    One might be a road warrior, has great success on the road.
    It's a game of matchups, it's more than that, but when handicapping a baseball game it always starts with the game starting pitching.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Lol. No arguing that! His entire post is assine and typical of someone who clueless as to how to bet bases. His advice, "pound the most overpriced team!", lmfao..

There lots of guys doing well, curious as to who you watching, typically same guys that do well most years that post bases around here..
    I don't want to call anyone specific out or anything (other than robbiestackz for being a PHUCKING CHUMP), all I'm saying is that I've only followed people who have positive records in MLB and just this weekend I went 2-9. It's not like I'm just betting every game posted by someone or anything obviously. I've been sports betting profitably for quite a few years so I'm not totally new or anything (tennis and nhl), I've just never touched MLB or NFL and I'm wanting to get into it. But finding it hard to find reliable picks on here. I think to be honest I just followed on a weekend where a lot of weird shit happened.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Start with breaking down each of the teams starting pitchers
    Find out what their strengths and weaknesses are.
    One pither might be a beast against left handed batters. Another might give up an abnormal amount of home runs to right handed batters.
    One might be a road warrior, has great success on the road.
    It's a game of matchups, it's more than that, but when handicapping a baseball game it always starts with the game starting pitching.
    Thanks for the advice stevenash. I'll keep it in mind and start making some dummy picks. I think I underestimated the amount of research required and it's just totally different to the sports I'm used to. Hockey is all about team motivation and tennis is all about form and fatigue. Seems like baseball is an entirely different animal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fuggles get a loan shark

Small though

mcfugly

Haha jj my bankroll is just fine. I've actually had a decent weekend overall but not gonna lie I bailed myself out with some degen hockey plays and live props (pit, nashville, and a few props from poster notorious donk). I just wanna bet MLB because there's so many games

stevenash

Thanks for the advice stevenash. I'll keep it in mind and start making some dummy picks. I think I underestimated the amount of research required and it's just totally different to the sports I'm used to. Hockey is all about team motivation and tennis is all about form and fatigue. Seems like baseball is an entirely different animal
    All the data is out there.
    Check out numberfire for instance.
    https://www.numberfire.com or rotowire, tons of information.
    Last edited by stevenash; 04-30-17 at 08:25 PM.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3559

Baseball is the most profitable sport to bet on.

RangeFinder

I don't want to call anyone specific out or anything (other than robbiestackz for being a PHUCKING CHUMP), all I'm saying is that I've only followed people who have positive records in MLB and just this weekend I went 2-9. It's not like I'm just betting every game posted by someone or anything obviously. I've been sports betting profitably for quite a few years so I'm not totally new or anything (tennis and nhl), I've just never touched MLB or NFL and I'm wanting to get into it. But finding it hard to find reliable picks on here. I think to be honest I just followed on a weekend where a lot of weird shit happened.

Woa now. Anyone can go 2-9, even myself or anyone on this board. That is a VERY small sample. You need to have a long term outlook like 1,000, preferably 10,000 plays. Sound crazy? It's not. Anyone with an edge can go weeks, even month's without making a single dime. It's that nasty thing in math we call variance. No matter what sport you are betting, variance comes into play. This is why you have to have a set bankroll, play a small percentage of that bankroll ( I recommend 2.5%), and let yourself build slow. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Sports betting will never be "Get rich quick".

There are some sharp posters on this forum, all with their merits. The rude comments are from losers trying to get you to join into their misery. You'll never see me hammering anybody because I know what it's like losing back when I started. If you want my opinions, I'll be glad to help.

Stay cool, and keep an open mind to suggestions that many will offer. The backlash and arguing don't do anybody, any good. Stay positive. Always.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Every sport sucks when you're losing. I find the NBA to be a particular joy, especially when you have a team getting 6 or 7 and they go to overtime and get beat 15-2. It is always bleak for a little, and then it gets better. Baseball is a long season.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

lol nobody here is professional gamblers. Less then 2percent profitable and that's being generous.
    Just have fun with it.
    You will not make a career out of it.
    💡
    Will always find someone on here acting like a tough guy who tell you there a pro.
    Bookies are the winners💡
    If you pooled up every cent lost on this site by members in a year you could open a sports book

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yep. I agree

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3134

What is a "shotgun approach"?

mcfugly

I would assume he means playing a lot of games rather than spot plays

12 Last