Betpoints: 5652

Tennessee -7 vs Florida

Does the streak end here?

UF quarterback out

Getting the points still looks enticing

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Would not lay 7, but like TENN On the ML. Streak ends here.
    Points Awarded:

mets119218 gave Easy-Rider 66 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If Tennessee loses this game, Jones should be fired.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

a lot of points

Tenn rarely crushes teams

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5369

Terrible O-Line and lots of injuries on Tenn's defense scares me. I thought we would finally end the streak this year but they have only played two good quarters total in 2 games so far.

I'm going to lay off of it.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

If Tennessee had played ONE decent game this season that showed me they could play top 10 football, I'd pound this because pre-season I made the line Tennessee -14. They just haven't impressed in any game this year. Even the game they covered, VT lost 5 fumbles and Tenny only had 1 turnover. VT out-yarded them per play and that was a netural site game against a team not as good as VT (maybe pretty close after all the injuries to UF now though)

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

44 of my 77 sets of power ratings calls for a Gator upset.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Florida has better defense. They could wreck havoc to this mediocre Tennessee offense. Florida has Tennessee's number
    Points Awarded:

mets119218 gave pavyracer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    If Tennessee had played ONE decent game this season that showed me they could play top 10 football, I'd pound this because pre-season I made the line Tennessee -14. They just haven't impressed in any game this year. Even the game they covered, VT lost 5 fumbles and Tenny only had 1 turnover. VT out-yarded them per play and that was a netural site game against a team not as good as VT (maybe pretty close after all the injuries to UF now though)
    Tennessee is a young team. They look ahead and play down to their competition. Jones is a great coach. Tenn wins by double digits.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Tennessee is a young team. They look ahead and play down to their competition. Jones is a great coach. Tenn wins by double digits.
    I thought that too but that VT performance wasn't THAT good. They were bailed out a ton by VT turnovers

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Under 43.5 in this one

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

[QUOTE=chico2663;26282874]They look ahead and play down to their competition. Jones is a great coach.QUOTE]

LMFAO the cognitive dissonance is too much.

Jones is not anywhere near "great" and the statement you made before that is one of the reasons why.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What are you smoking crack head?
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 09-20-16 at 07:17 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Jones is a great coach? Are you totally out of your mind? What is so great about a cheater who'se career record is 79-43. You really should do some research before you shoot off your uneducated mouth. Stupidity reins in this place and here is just another perfect example of someone trying to prove a point by giving us yet another totally ridiculous statement.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Jones is a great coach? Are you totally out of your mind? What is so great about a cheater who'se career record is 79-43. You really should do some research before you shoot off your uneducated mouth.
    I don't care about the overall record. He always wins 2 games and loses 6 in the SEC. He is not someone trusted to cover 7 points and even the ML is at risk with his coaching.

chico2663

What are you smoking crack head?
    YOU WERE THE DUMBASS PRAISING THAT MORON ALA. O-CORD for winning 7 games at tenn. When someone told you that jones won 8 and a bowl game you went back in your corner. Jones is a great coach. He won at every place he has been and he will win here. He has followed kelly and done a better job then he has.

chico2663

Jones is a great coach? Are you totally out of your mind? What is so great about a cheater who'se career record is 79-43. You really should do some research before you shoot off your uneducated mouth. Stupidity reins in this place and here is just another perfect example of someone trying to prove a point by giving us yet another totally ridiculous statement.
    I met coach jones when he was at uc. He recruited dylan wiesman from colerain who was going to uc b4 he left. I recruited niehaus from there. Dude I know you think you invented college football but your an idiot.
    YOUR ALSO THE IDIOT THAT THINKS MEMPHIS IS GETTING INTO THE 12. ROTFLMAO
    Also coach jones never cheated! He just wouldn't pay a bagman from memphis for players
    Last edited by chico2663; 09-20-16 at 07:30 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave chico2663 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

michlafon15
    michlafon15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

that florida d is very good

wyattvol
    wyattvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

This is just dumb..far from being young phil steele ranked them the most experienced power 5 team in the country..and calling butch jones a great coach is absurd

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Vols win and cover.

trump4prez
    trump4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

tenn hasn't looked great so far. they struggled against horrible ohio defense. they struggled against a good but much weaker appalachian team and got lucky to win against appa in overtime. florida might be bale to keep them under 15 points.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by wyattvol View Post
    This is just dumb..far from being young phil steele ranked them the most experienced power 5 team in the country..and calling butch jones a great coach is absurd
    Every fukking year, people keep saying that UT is young. WTF? When do they grow up? Every year people pick UT in the top 10 and every year they suck monkey nuts. What was their record last year? like 5-7? They get more publicity over losses (Bama and Oklahoma) than any team in the country. Butch Jones has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes where he can basically point to next year being THE YEAR.

Florida defense is fukkin legit. You're not putting up many points on that defense. UT's defense is a mash unit in the secondary. That tells me that UF will get a few scores. That alone should be enough to cover and possibly win.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Jeff Fisher is 170-156 you said he was a great coach. What gives with you.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange;26282676[B
    ]Terrible O-Line [/B]and lots of injuries on Tenn's defense scares me. I thought we would finally end the streak this year but they have only played two good quarters total in 2 games so far.

I'm going to lay off of it.
    Yeah I just read that TENN O line play is highly suspect. I take back what I wrote in post #2. Game is a no play here.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Look, I get dogging UT here. Well deserved in most cases and, trust me, our fan base is as suspect of Butch (especially on game day) as anyone. However, who is picking the Vols in the top ten "every year" Mac? This is literally the first year UT has been in the preseason top 10 since the Fulmer days.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I met coach jones when he was at uc. He recruited dylan wiesman from colerain who was going to uc b4 he left. I recruited niehaus from there. Dude I know you think you invented college football but your an idiot.
    YOUR ALSO THE IDIOT THAT THINKS MEMPHIS IS GETTING INTO THE 12. ROTFLMAO
    Also coach jones never cheated! He just wouldn't pay a bagman from memphis for players
    Here is what we are going to do. You WILL agree to this or I WILL run your arse out of here, which is going to happen anyway. You said that Jones is a "Great" Coach, which is one of the dumbest statements anyone has made in here. To me, a "Great" HC should be in the Top 10 of his profession. You and I are going to have a little wager. I will name 10 Active Head Coaches who are better than your boy Jones. Then we will see who the majority of the people in here agree with. My List: Nick Saban, Alabama. Bret Bielema (89-44). Dabo Sweeney, Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, Bill Snyder, Bobby Patrino, Les Miles, Mark Richt, Mark Dantonio. That makes 10
    and I just got to the M's. In case you disagree with any, let me add a few more. Bryan Kelly, Pat Fitzgerald, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Mike Gundy, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Jim Mora, Kile Whittingham, and Chris Petersen. There is 20 Head Coaches who are far superior to Jones, and I did not even include Ferentz and Harbaugh, who I am not that excited about. Twenty names and I am willing to wager you that you cannot pick 10 out of those 20 names and claim that Jones is a better HC. Let's see you back out of this, boy. I DARE you to.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Look, I get dogging UT here. Well deserved in most cases and, trust me, our fan base is as suspect of Butch (especially on game day) as anyone. However, who is picking the Vols in the top ten "every year" Mac? This is literally the first year UT has been in the preseason top 10 since the Fulmer days.
    Okay, maybe not top 10 but in the top 25 most years in the preseason. Then they go on to not being ranked at all.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Okay, maybe not top 10 but in the top 25 most years in the preseason. Then they go on to not being ranked at all.
    Are you sure?. . .Historic preseason ranking for the Vols since 2009:

2016 – 9th

2015 – 25th (finished 22nd in the final poll)
    2014 – NR
    2013 – NR
    2012 – NR
    2011 – NR
    2010 – NR
    2009 – NR
    Last edited by tennesseety; 09-21-16 at 02:54 PM.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by wyattvol View Post
    They start 2 sr on offense have a lot of backup that are sophomores and freshman. This is jones first team where it is his recruits hence not a lot of seniors on o. Kelly left the cupboard bare and with juco's and young players he had the bearcats eligible for bowl his second yr at uc. tenn. has been a dormat for the last decade until he arrived. I would say that is a good coach. They lost close games last year because they had no depth but they are starting to get depth. In the sec there is saban and everyone else. He has done a lot since he has been there.
    Last edited by chico2663; 09-21-16 at 04:42 PM.

chico2663

Here is what we are going to do. You WILL agree to this or I WILL run your arse out of here, which is going to happen anyway. You said that Jones is a "Great" Coach, which is one of the dumbest statements anyone has made in here. To me, a "Great" HC should be in the Top 10 of his profession. You and I are going to have a little wager. I will name 10 Active Head Coaches who are better than your boy Jones. Then we will see who the majority of the people in here agree with. My List: Nick Saban, Alabama. Bret Bielema (89-44). Dabo Sweeney, Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, Bill Snyder, Bobby Patrino, Les Miles, Mark Richt, Mark Dantonio. That makes 10
    and I just got to the M's. In case you disagree with any, let me add a few more. Bryan Kelly, Pat Fitzgerald, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Mike Gundy, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Jim Mora, Kile Whittingham, and Chris Petersen. There is 20 Head Coaches who are far superior to Jones, and I did not even include Ferentz and Harbaugh, who I am not that excited about. Twenty names and I am willing to wager you that you cannot pick 10 out of those 20 names and claim that Jones is a better HC. Let's see you back out of this, boy. I DARE you to.
    HEY ass wipe. Chuck noll was almost fired after his third season. Paul brown was fired! Both are in the hall of fame. Come talk to me in 10 years you stooge. I care less what people say but what I win. The only thing that you can run is your mouth and you are always wrong! But I will bet you that tenn wins this week straight up since you think it is a lock. SEE HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS! ALMOST LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO RUN SOMEONE OUT OF SBR ASS WIPE!
    When you call brian kelly a great coach shows your ignorance. Ask any uc fan that got to watch them both coach and they will tell you jones is by far the better coach. Ask any central michigan fan and they will tell you jones is better. A dozen of jones losses is because kelly left the cup board bare
    Last edited by chico2663; 09-21-16 at 04:46 PM.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    A mark of a good coach is that he left the program in better shape than it was. Mac are you sure that your mistaking the u.t.'s

chico2663

I was always under the assumption when a line looks hinky then the books are trying to get you to bite. 6.5 is sort of like the n.e. line against mia this last week. Line looks screwed up and n/e was blowing them out til their qb got hurt. They still covered. At first look (with the streak) you look at this game and u say fla is a lock. Tenn has look horrible . I'm not sure if they even covered yet. So why is this line 6.5. My feeling is that if it was fla get between 4 and a pick than fla would be a lock. But with the line looking so obvious for fla that means they are trying to get us to bet fla. Just my opinion.
    Another game in the pros was carolina giving 13 this week in the pros

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Jones is a great coach? Are you totally out of your mind? What is so great about a cheater who'se career record is 79-43. You really should do some research before you shoot off your uneducated mouth. Stupidity reins in this place . . . .
    I think you mean "reigns".

Mac4Lyfe

I was always under the assumption when a line looks hinky then the books are trying to get you to bite. 6.5 is sort of like the n.e. line against mia this last week. Line looks screwed up and n/e was blowing them out til their qb got hurt. They still covered. At first look (with the streak) you look at this game and u say fla is a lock. Tenn has look horrible . I'm not sure if they even covered yet. So why is this line 6.5. My feeling is that if it was fla get between 4 and a pick than fla would be a lock. But with the line looking so obvious for fla that means they are trying to get us to bet fla. Just my opinion.
    Another game in the pros was carolina giving 13 this week in the pros
    This line does feel trappy to me as well. Lot of money on UF and the lines not moving is also a concern. If line stays the same or goes up than UT is the play but I think the line will drop as UF has a good shot here even with another QB. UFs defense is legit, there's no question about that. Everything else for both teams are up in the air. I also don't think Dobbs can beat you through the air. Contain the run and things will be tough for UT.

I'm a UF fan but I bet against them more than for them because of their shitty offense. But for some reason they play well against SEC East opponents. They somehow beat the shit out of UK most years and cover easily, beat USC and cover easily as well, sleep walk with Vandy but find a way to win, play down to Mizzou and rarely cover and usually beat UGA and UT straight up ML.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Florida ML

1234 ... Last