Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Mariners Manager Scott Servais Does Not Like Expanded Rosters

“I like having the extra players,” Servais said. “I just think you should determine your 25-man roster before the game starts and play the game. … The game just changes in September, and it shouldn’t change. You play a certain way for five months and the last month, you play differently and it’s just not right.

The home series against the Rangers has averaged more than three hours of game time a pop, topping out at the 3:44 marathon that was Tuesday night’s 10-7 loss. For everybody for the purists, September baseball can feel like a slog.

http://mlb.sportfeeds.org/mariners-m...-be-addressed/

I agree that only 25 players should be eligible for each game. National league games could potentially go on foprever with endless pitchers and pinch hitters.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Who cares what Scott Servais has to say. As the great Pedor would say "who is Scott Servais?" When was the last time the Mariners were actually relevant? Decades ago when they had A-Rod, Griffey Jr & The Big Unit

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    “I like having the extra players,” Servais said. “I just think you should determine your 25-man roster before the game starts and play the game. … The game just changes in September, and it shouldn’t change. You play a certain way for five months and the last month, you play differently and it’s just not right.

The home series against the Rangers has averaged more than three hours of game time a pop, topping out at the 3:44 marathon that was Tuesday night’s 10-7 loss. For everybody for the purists, September baseball can feel like a slog.

I agree that only 25 players should be eligible for each game. National league games could potentially go on foprever with endless pitchers and pinch hitters.
    AL games are going just as long. They're making just as many pitching changes. The Yankees used 8 pitchers in a game on Tuesday

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Attendance is down. No one wants to waste 4 hrs to watch 30 minutes of actual playing time.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

The Blue Jays and Red Sox combined to use 18 pitchers on Sunday.