Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Tens football coach a scumbag

How can this piece of shit Butch Jones still be employed while condoning his players raping women and then branding a player on the team a "traitor" for helping the girl?

University should can him immediately. Guy is not a great coach to begin with and his actions behind the scenes clearly demonstrate he is not fit to lead young people.

When the first reaction you have as a leader after hearing some of your subordinates sexually assaulted a woman is to berate the one kid who did the right thing you are not capable of being given the keys to a multi-million dollar organization. Allowing the kid who did the right thing to be ostracized by the rest of the group instead of propping him up as the one real man of the bunch is a shining example of how fuked up we as a society are. I know he apologized to the kid later on but you cannot take back the colossal mistake Jones made here.

He should lose his career and if he has a wife and daughter, he should be embarrassed to ever look them in the eye again because he is not a man.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He should be fired tonight and actually be put in jail.

Well I think he will be done and would love to see a guy like this in the street and lose everything.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Terrapin Station

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

When a person put in charge of leading young men into adulthood sets this kind of example, he has to go. Period.

I know things like this have gone on for decades but in the new media age, very little is kept private anymore and at some point the NCAA needs to lay down the law.

The scumbags who assaulted the girl should be given the maximum prison sentence if convicted and the coaching staff who tried to cover it up should all go down too.

Meanwhile the kid who did the right thing was attacked and threatened by teammates and transferred to another school so he could be left alone.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

I don't know this guy from adam,but a lot of shady shit seems to go on with College Football,after Penn State it really opened my eyes.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Coach's job is to coach football. After practice players are on their own. Is he supposed to by babysitting 100 adults after school? Get the fukk outta here!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Coach's job is to coach football. After practice players are on their own. Is he supposed to by babysitting 100 adults after school? Get the fukk outta here!
    Yes, it is part of his job as a college coach. He is supposed to set an example of how to be a good man. When they leave school it is no longer his responsibility.

jjgold

Well lets hope those kids all get 25 years

Okl Football coach in trouble too...video coming out soon of that RB that got re instated who sucker punched a girl

I would think he is done as is the coach when tape released even though he is a stud ( Joe Mixon)

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Well lets hope those kids all get 25 years

Okl Football coach in trouble too...video coming out soon of that RB that got re instated who sucker punched a girl

I would think he is done as is the coach when tape released even though he is a stud ( Joe Mixon)
    Stoops is off the hook on that one. He should lose his job for being outcoached in every big game he has played in past decade. Only games see has won is when opponent is missing key players or lays down like Bama did in bowl game 3 years ago.

jjgold

How do you know he is off the hook?

He never thought tape is going to be released

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How do you know he is off the hook?

He never thought tape is going to be released
    The contents have already been gone over when incident happened. Kid got into it with a girl and what sounds like a few of her gay friends. They jawed back and forth and Mixon D'boed her.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    College students are still kids. Do you ever hear anyone call them "college adults", "college men" or "college women"? Nope. "College kids, college guys, college girls" are the terms used to describe them.

A college coach goes into the homes of these kids while they are in HS and tells the parent or parents he will help him to make the pros, get an education and provide guidance for them to grow into good young men.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i met butch a few times when he was at u.c. he is great coach and good guy.Not sure about this incident or even if what you are saying is true. All I know is that everyone convicted the duke lacrosse team right away.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i met butch a few times when he was at u.c. he is great coach and good guy.Not sure about this incident or even if what you are saying is true. All I know is that everyone convicted the duke lacrosse team right away.

The Duke case was tried in media before any facts came to light. They were guilty to public based on their reputation of being assholes. The Tenn situation involves several really bad incidents that Jones and the program tried to sweep under the rug.

As far as him being a good guy, I will take your word for it but he doesn't come off as one in the legal documents that can be found online.

jjgold

Coach claiming he never said it and confident nothing will come of it

Who knows what was said

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If it is true he should be canned but how do we know if the kid that transferred wasn't bitter about the whole incident or even Butch for other reasons?

I heard the girl that may have been raped was his girlfriend or someone he liked so there may be more to it

But if he did say that he should be gone right away no questions asked

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

All a frickin mess, disturbing

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I hate to bring race into this, but if it was a native American coach, he would be gone on the spot.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Do we have all the info yet?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Do we have all the info yet?
    A bunch of the legal stuff is online at places like deadspin. A really bad culture fostered in Knoxville under Jones.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Too much access is the problem. Let the players have their own dorms again. They don't need to mix with the regular students, this would solve a lot of the problems on college campuses. Then only the groupies would be around the players. All is solved. All the nice and naive girls could then get molested by the regular students instead of the athletic ones.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Slipknot26

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

tennessee football is a gimmick. cant survive without raiding other states for recruits. they are the repo man of the SEC

jjgold

just fire him anyway

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Too much access is the problem. Let the players have their own dorms again. They don't need to mix with the regular students, this would solve a lot of the problems on college campuses. Then only the groupies would be around the players. All is solved. All the nice and naive girls could then get molested by the regular students instead of the athletic ones.
    Spot on.
    Dorms would be huge to eliminate a lot of this BS going on now .

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    tennessee football is a gimmick. cant survive without raiding other states for recruits. they are the repo man of the SEC
    True---high school sports not too good in that state. Vols recruit like Hell in Georgia.

TheTrumpCard
    TheTrumpCard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    How can this piece of shit Butch Jones still be employed while condoning his players raping women and then branding a player on the team a "traitor" for helping the girl?

University should can him immediately. Guy is not a great coach to begin with and his actions behind the scenes clearly demonstrate he is not fit to lead young people.

When the first reaction you have as a leader after hearing some of your subordinates sexually assaulted a woman is to berate the one kid who did the right thing you are not capable of being given the keys to a multi-million dollar organization. Allowing the kid who did the right thing to be ostracized by the rest of the group instead of propping him up as the one real man of the bunch is a shining example of how fuked up we as a society are. I know he apologized to the kid later on but you cannot take back the colossal mistake Jones made here.

He should lose his career and if he has a wife and daughter, he should be embarrassed to ever look them in the eye again because he is not a man.
    Tennessee did this with the football player who snitched on Manning too

TheTrumpCard
    TheTrumpCard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Spot on.
    Dorms would be huge to eliminate a lot of this BS going on now .
    My son is a d1 athlete and they have him living in a coed dorm with non athletes along with other athletes

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Pure SCUM

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrumpCard View Post
    My son is a d1 athlete and they have him living in a coed dorm with non athletes along with other athletes
    Yup i was a RA on campus in coed dorms with everyone mixed in

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Tennessee Football Program is desperate to field a winner at any cost. The fact is that the program has always been more hype than anything else. Tennessee has not lost less than 4 games during a season since 2004.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Jones has always been a dirtbag, guy openly admitted he was seeking a bigger job when at Cinci. I mean, everyone does it but to come out and say it?

I loved the story last year where someone said Michigan was interested in him and Jones turned them down. Butch Jones would walk to Ann Arbor to leave Tenn.