GREG1021
    GREG1021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Is 5Dimes really a sharp book?

Ive researched and tried to find as much info as I can..I really need some help. Will 5Dimes limit your action quick if you are an honest winner? No chasing steam…
    I mean what if you win 30k over 3 months? Does that justify being collared?I find a ton of mixed information about how they are sharp but they will limit you quickly..
    Then I find information from people saying they've won 70k a year for 3 years in a row and never had any problem. Im asking because Im just wondering if I should be moving some of my winnings to Bookmaker…
    Like everyone , I have dreams of one day being able to call myself a PRO.
    Any advice would really be appreciated guys,,thanks!

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

no

they limit you quicker than a 4yr old ordering a coke and rum

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    no

they limit you quicker than a 4yr old ordering a coke and rum
    actually that's Bovada...turn it to 17yr old

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

They have a pretty long leash if your not beating closing number or betting steam.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

It all depends on the market you're beating. If it's Indian handball or Polish lawn darts you're on limit island quick pal. You'd have to do some real damage in the NBA or NFL to be on the radar.

Getting the the 5figure profits out will be when the real fun starts though, no matter what you've been betting

GREG1021

When you get limited is it different for every player?..One player $50, one $100?? Etc...

RudyRuetigger

Greg this isn't the guessing game.

Greg you tell us what you plan to do..what sport, when are you placing wagers, for how much to start.

then we will help ok pal???

GREG1021

I'm betting CBB, NBA and NHL..I usually wager in the last 10 minutes before the game starts because I like to have as much information about game as possible.
    Wager amounts are always 150-175 and always straight bets. No teasers, parlays, etc...
    Hope that helps.

RudyRuetigger

yea you have plenty of time as long as no steam, good luck.

make sure to choose reduced juice

GREG1021

yea you have plenty of time as long as no steam, good luck.

make sure to choose reduced juice
    Thanks!
    Yes reduced juice is great there. Lot of o/u CBB plays aren't offered at reduced juice, however I'd say 70% are! Thanks for help

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 576

Stick to the big name books. Even if yiu get limited then just transfer your winnings to a different book.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

$200 a game?

Kid no worries

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18853

I would say NO! They sweat sharp players. My definition of a sharp book is like Pinnacle used to be. Welcome sharp action and don't complain at payout time. The thing about Pinnacle's numbers is they could move them and get buy back because players were not afraid of winning there. This day and age ou have to worry about pissing somebody off because you won too much.

RudyRuetigger

well yea I would choose betdsi first but hes betting at last minute and not on steam. guy is probably a loser
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

GREG1021

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    lol

$200 a game?

Kid no worries
    200 per game times 8 games a day is 4k….I understand you say " kid " and that may be small potatoes to you, however IF you win 150 units at that rate over the course of a year its still a good lick…
    Sorry i don't wager more for your liking.

RudyRuetigger

200 for 8 games is 1600 pal

GREG1021

well yea I would choose betdsi first but hes betting at last minute and not on steam. guy is probably a loser
    Im not trying to argue with anyone, Im not chasing steam, normally when you chase steam you missed the line move anyway..but I'm not a loser…I'm sure I will be though! lol

GREG1021

200 for 8 games is 1600 pal
    You're right!!! Probably why I never have to worry about being collared!!! Hell I can't do basic math!

RudyRuetigger

greg you will fit right in around here

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

You aren't going to win 30K betting 10 minutes before game time. If you had any idea what you were doing, you'd have gotten the money down at a better line. Just fire away. They will be good for the money.

GREG1021

I do appreciate all the advice guys! Yes, Im a rookie and looking to learn..Gotta start somewhere though..

GREG1021

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    You aren't going to win 30K betting 10 minutes before game time. If you had any idea what you were doing, you'd have gotten the money down at a better line. Just fire away. They will be good for the money.
    I actually do watch the line movement…if the line is gonna move against me, obviously I will wager before 10 minutes before game time..or if I feel like its gonna move. Otherwise I wait.

GREG1021

greg you will fit right in around here
    Somehow I know that true! Of course I think my dog could multiply 200 times 8 and get the right #! But not my dumb ass!

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by GREG1021 View Post
    I actually do watch the line movement…if the line is gonna move against me, obviously I will wager before 10 minutes before game time..or if I feel like its gonna move. Otherwise I wait.
    <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
    Don't sweat it. You don't worry about getting limited until you get limited. There will be options available to you at that time if it should happen. 5Dimes will probably let you bet all the NBA and NHL your heart desires 10 minutes before game time.

Buffalo Nickle

The question to ask youself is not what limits 5 Dimes is going to place on you. But what limits you are going to place on 5 Dimes in taking your money. Don't get the cart before the horse.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

No book is sharp if your only allowed to withdrawal 3,000 max.

GREG1021

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    The question to ask youself is not what limits 5 Dimes is going to place on you. But what limits you are going to place on 5 Dimes in taking your money. Don't get the cart before the horse.
    Agreed!

Buffalo Nickle

10 minutes before game = Bovada. Take what they are giving and move on. Don't worry about 5Dimes until Bovada kicks you out.

jjgold

Kid sounds like a rookie player

GREG1021

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kid sounds like a rookie player

I guess it makes you feel better to say that, however I've admitted several times that I'm a " rookie " looking for advice.
    So far yours has been excellent! I'd rather be a rookie looking to make money and learn than the " veteran " ( like you I'm sure ) who has lost his ass but has the privilege of being able to call people rookies and " kid "

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11691

Then I find information from people saying they've won 70k a year for 3 years in a row and never had any problem.
    I would question the reliability of that information. Gamblers are like fisherman with their tales.

5dimes is a great book if you are a loser or a borderline player. If you're sharp or take shots, don't expect to be around around too long. There is no reason to not sign up though. Get on board and play until they throw you over. You'll get paid.
    Last edited by Foxx; 02-09-16 at 12:52 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11691

I guess it makes you feel better to say that, however I've admitted several times that I'm a " rookie " looking for advice.
    So far yours has been excellent! I'd rather be a rookie looking to make money and learn than the " veteran " ( like you I'm sure ) who has lost his ass but has the privilege of being able to call people rookies and " kid "
    No need to take offense. Since you are a rookie and probably haven't figured it out yet, the JJgold posts are being generated from either a computer AI or a 16yr old Costa Rican kid. Key words are picked out of your post and reply is generated from a bank of canned responses. It's part of the fun here so just get used to it. It's like having an imaginary friend or enemy. Just don't take it too seriously. And sometimes the videos are funny.

GREG1021

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    No need to take offense. Since you are a rookie and probably haven't figured it out yet, the JJgold posts are being generated from either a computer AI or a 16yr old Costa Rican kid. Key words are picked out of your post and reply is generated from a bank of canned responses. It's part of the fun here so just get used to it. It's like having an imaginary friend or enemy. Just don't take it too seriously. And sometimes the videos are funny.
    See I would've never known. Thanks!

jjgold

just play at books until booted
    So simple

Most players are not booted from any book

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I dont know 5dimes limited me pretty fast to 100$ big leagues and 50$ small and i am losing there. I can place again bet on same market after 10min. Good most of my best are 200$ so i wait 10min. and place again but when bigger bet i have to pick other book.

12 Last