DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is 6 mill not any money in your pocket? NHL players don't need a 20 man posse to pay for like those illiterate black NFL and NBA players from the projects.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Kane and Crosby are great players. Besides their contracts... who makes great money?

Brady and Manning are amazing NFL QB's.... they play less amount of games and get paid more.

Whoever is matching up the law of avg's in salary between NFL and NHL isn't thinking about the games per year. You can throw those numbers out the window...

I use to be a huge hockey fan from age 10 to like age 26. Once they threw out fighting... I started fading out. It became a pu$$y sport to me. That's what Bettman wanted. Any sport has players who are speedsters, great hands, and some even have the brutes. Well... hockey got rid of the brutes. That's what makes a team... highs and lows. It's not even entertaining anymore.

I'd rather train my kid to be a football player... or a golfer.... or a baseball player. I hung out with the hockey crowd when I was a kid... bitches loved hockey players. Ok that's cool... you can get laid 24/7 with no money in your pocket. It just makes no sense to become a hockey player.

As for that Canadians in this thread... who bashed Americans.... I understand hockey.

And Muldoon that post of "In 2000, the average teams payroll was 30 million. 12 years later, it was 58 million." What sport hasn't increased like that? Cost of living... inflation etc.

My opening post was simple.... the NBA has grown largely...... the NFL has grown immensely.... the MLB after the steroid crap has grown amazingly.... but the NHL.... no one really cares. Hasn't done sh#t.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I use to be a huge hockey fan from age 10 to like age 26. Once they threw out fighting... I started fading out. It became a pu$$y sport to me. That's what Bettman wanted.
    Average # of fights per game is the same (or very close to the same) as it was in the 70's.

You sound like those guys who bitch every year about the government taking away guns. Yet year after year...gun ownership goes up. You're basing your entire argument on a false premise.

Fighting is still part of the game, the players are paid very well.

Yet somehow, you harken back to a time when players were not nearly paid as well, but because there was fighting - you liked it more.

FYI - NHL rosters carry 10 more players than NBA. With next to no TV revenue, they still pay their players an average of 2.4 million a year (according to business insider).

Throughout the 2013-14 season, 15 NHL markets have averaged at least 100 percent capacity in their home stands: The Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, San Jose Sharks and Winnipeg Jets.
    Last edited by muldoon; 02-10-15 at 07:50 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ZdenoK gave muldoon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    WNBA players make a maximum of $107,000 a year HAHA
    Compare WNBA to female hockey and let's see the numbers.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by takechip View Post
    NHL/ Bettman have done an abysmal job growing the game. They make their money on ticket sales aka stuck in the stone age.

They don't understand if they cut the season to 50-60 games, make the games more exciting worldwide the money will roll in (like the NFL) IT's embarassing seeing teams playing B2B that should never happen in this game. Can't stand the 2 month playoff structure, and 7 game series'.

NHL is a joke and nothing will change until Bettman gets replaced, its a great sport but sooo diluted with too many teams, and too many games. Atleast Silver is looking to the future, you couldn't pay me to sit through an NHL game
    They should cut the reg season down but it will never happen. I hate Bettman like everyone else but changing the rules to limit interference off the puck was a positive thing.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    They should cut the reg season down but it will never happen. I hate Bettman like everyone else but changing the rules to limit interference off the puck was a positive thing.
    Why cut the regular season down? From a business standpoint, why scale an event that practically sells every seat in more than half the rinks (for every game all season)?
    Last edited by muldoon; 02-11-15 at 03:15 AM. Reason: added (for every game all season)

First 12