C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Luke Kuechly led the NFL in tackles his rookie year.

164 tackles for the rookie who has some of the best instincts I've ever seen. Add 2 picks, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 sack, and 10 passes defended which is high for a LB. The guy is a pure tackling machine.

James Laurinaitis led the NFL in solo tackles with 117. Rookie Lavonte David finished #2 with 112 solo tackles.
    Points Awarded:

Chi_archie gave C-Gold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

And to think I hated that pick when my Panthers drafted him... dudes a machine. With the help he should get from the DTs and with Beason back he'll probably just have free roam.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

No one cares because he's white.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

I did not realize this... Very interesting, thanks for posting

SECSNOB15
    SECSNOB15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

That was one of my favorite picks the Panthers have EVER made. He is the guy I wanted. Safest pick in the entire 2012 draft. The kid was a tackling machine at BC as well. I agree, he has some of the best instincts I've ever seen too. He moves so well sideline to sideline.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

thats bc no one else on the Panthers knew how to tackle.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I was watching a game and the guy was just running people down and making like every single tackle. The announcer called his name like every single play! I wondered how that was even possible. He was doing that from a young age at BC, he was better than guys much older and more physically developed. Then he grew.

Everybody knew he was the best tackling LB to come out of the draft in years, the fear was that he is white and unathletic but he posted surprisingly good numbers at the combine to be a rare 1st round pick non pass rushing LB.

He led the NFL in tackles his very first year. He has a very bright future and was a very "safe pick". No LB in the NFL has better instincts than him. None.