jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Jizay some of your points are valid with the lack of defense. However it was a fun and exciting time to be an Nba fan regardless. I will take the up and down 80's style any day over garbage like we witness at times these days like the Knicks/Pacers series. And there may have always been some flopping at times but you cannot dispute that it is way out of control in recent years and just getting pathetic.
    Not saying it was necessarily bad. More my point is when hardly anybody really defends and they got called for a foul when they do, there isn't much need to accentuate contact to get the call.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. I watched Bird and the Celtics for 10 years and never saw flying elbows like Wade, Birdman's meth assault last night, etc. There were hard fouls...Bird got in fights with Dr. J, etc. but not just complete cheap shots.

Celtics/Lakers = Bird, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, McHale, Parish, Walton

How many HOFers?

The 86 Celtics beat this heat team 4-1...slight chance of 4-2. Jordan put up 63 on them and they still won. Hell they make Roy Hibbert look like Shaquille Chamberlain
    Literally none of the rambling, incoherent mess you typed speaks to anything that I wrote. But while we're changing the topic completely, the 86 Celts would have a lot of trouble with Miami. They were the slowest, least athletic team to ever play the game. Who in the world on that team would guard Lebron? I was a huge Celts fan back then and idolized Bird. I will say without hesitation that Lebron would embarrass him. Michael Cooper used to give him fits, Lebron would just shut him down. Bird literally has no skill that Lebron can't deal with. They'd have to try McHale on Lebron I guess, just like they had to with Worthy because Bird was too slow to guard him. Boston would do major damage in the post just like Indy is doing, but their defensive rotations are much worse than Indy's. Basically, Miami could get open shots all night, it would be a question of whether they hit them. It goes without saying that all of the athletes are much better today, but I don't think it's even fair to drag that into the comparison.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Literally none of the rambling, incoherent mess you typed speaks to anything that I wrote. But while we're changing the topic completely, the 86 Celts would have a lot of trouble with Miami. They were the slowest, least athletic team to ever play the game. Who in the world on that team would guard Lebron? I was a huge Celts fan back then and idolized Bird. I will say without hesitation that Lebron would embarrass him. Michael Cooper used to give him fits, Lebron would just shut him down. Bird literally has no skill that Lebron can't deal with. They'd have to try McHale on Lebron I guess, just like they had to with Worthy because Bird was too slow to guard him. Boston would do major damage in the post just like Indy is doing, but their defensive rotations are much worse than Indy's. Basically, Miami could get open shots all night, it would be a question of whether they hit them. It goes without saying that all of the athletes are much better today, but I don't think it's even fair to drag that into the comparison.

That's hard to swallow, Jiz

(that's what she said)

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47713

Fcuk. ..common please Indiana.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The Miami Flops

My God, what a bunch of babies, only one team in the league are a bigger bunch of babies are the New York Knicks.
    Not just Battier, but James when Stephenson went at him to the hoop too.
    You guys may or may not know that I am a Canucks season ticket holder....so what I am about to say is....well, controversial, BUT.....

The Canucks (yes, my team) and bigger floppers than the Heat. they never get ANY calls anymore, even when they get mauled, because the last few years they have made so many refs look like total losers.

Frankly I don't blame the refs. If there is one thing I am, is unbiased. I wish I could be one of those people crying foul, but it is our own fault.

I hate floppers.

First 12