1. #1
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    Pinnacle To Disallow Logins From U.S. IP Addresses Next Week ?!?

    http://www.reviewed-casinos.com/news...s-players.html

    Pinnacle Sports shuts off US players

    Gambling News on November 12th, 2012


    In the aftermath of the Queen’s District Attorney’s Office arrest of 25 Americans across 5 different States associated with illegal sports betting (see previous InfoPowa report), pinnacle Sports has clarified its position on accepting play from US-resident punters in an e-mailed statement sent to customers.
    The company notified customers that as of November 19, 2012 it will automatically block access to its site from all IP addresses originating from within the United States and has enhanced its geo-location technology to that end.
    A TwoPlusTwo forum poster received the statement which said:
    “Since January 2007 it has been our intention to not accept wagers from the United States.
    “We had taken several measures to assist with this initiative in addition to diligently enforcing country of origin upon account creation. We are now investing in technology to assure that logins into our system do not occur from undesirable jurisdictions.”
    pinnacle Sports is requesting proof of residency in the form of an ID, passport or driver’s licence as well as a current utility bill as proof of address.
    It invites customers unable to comply with its conditions to request a withdrawal prior to November 19 saying “”Any pending plays in your account will have action. Once graded, you may return to your account to request any remaining balance. Our normal withdrawal policies will apply.”
    At the time of the indictments, it was claimed that three men among those arrested, Brandt England of Las Vegas; George Molsbarger of Santa Monica, California; and Stanley Tomchin of Montecito, California have ownership interests in Pinnacle Sports’ offshore online sports book.
    The trio were charged with enterprise corruption, money laundering and conspiracy, with England additionally charged with promoting gambling.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Is this why they are doing maintenance now during the basketball marthathon?

    Does this mean I will no longer be able to look at pinnacle dynamic lines?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...cle+sportsbook

  2. #2
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    No SBR statement on the maintenance?

  3. #3
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    Pinnacle Sports IP-blocks US accounts; Nevada sportsbook data 1984-2011

    Steven Stradbrooke
    November 12, 2012
    No Comments

    After having its good name dragged through the muck by the recent indictments of former Cantor Gaming sportsbook director Michael Colbert and other individuals in connection with an illegal sports betting ring, online sportsbook Pinnacle Sports has issued a notice to customers clarifying its stance regarding US-based sports bettors. Pinnacle publicly pulled out of the US market shortly after passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act in 2006, but Pinnacle is now “investing in technology to assure that logins into our system do not occur from undesirable jurisdictions.” As of Nov. 19, Pinnacle “will automatically block access to our site from all IP addresses originating from within United States.” Account holders will be required to provide copies of either their passport or driver’s license as well as a copy of a utility bill under their name.

    http://calvinayre.com/2012/11/12/bus...tting-history/


    If I can't access their dynamic lines i'm going to have a heart attack!

  4. #4
    CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-01-09
    Posts: 7,896
    Betpoints: 831

    wow, Kyl/Goodlatte/Bill Frist another HUGE huge huge win

    they did the right thing, they knew what is right for the US

    US residents should not be allowed to play at Pinny, nor even be able to see Pinny's lines

    they did the right thing

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #5
    wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 3,063
    Betpoints: 3834

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    wow, Kyl/Goodlatte/Bill Frist another HUGE huge huge win

    they did the right thing, they knew what is right for the US

    US residents should not be allowed to play at Pinny, nor even be able to see Pinny's lines

    they did the right thing
    WTF are you going on about?

    America is supposed to be a 'free' country, it isnt even close. Americans should be allowed to do whatever they want with the money they make. Including pissing it away at a sportsbook or online casino in a foreign country or in the virtual world.

    When they started shutting down our access to these places it really showed who ran this county and it wasnt the people, it was the banks who have scammed and stolen their way to owning this country, they should have let very penetrating one of them fail a few years ago, but they didnt and their right back doing the same shit they did before.

    Its not the government that says its bad its the banks that wont process the money or accept the checks. I'd like to see very one of the pieces of shit collapse, but the government just wont let it happen, banks are the sole reason why this country is as screwed up as is it right now. Had they not been deregulated this shit we have now never would have happened.

    Ancient history now and way too late to fix it beyond letting them fail and starting all over, but it also isnt just an American issue, every country but China (who runs their bank) is frigging bankrupt because of the shit banks pull.
    Points Awarded:

    Inspirited gave wantitall4moi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

  6. #6
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    This is f*cking real! Here is someone who got an email on November 9th.

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/40...-19-a-1265917/
    Received this email today:

    Dear Client,
    Since January 2007 it has been our intention to not accept wagers from the United States.

    We had taken several measures to assist with this initiative in addition to diligently enforcing country of origin upon account creation. We are now investing in technology to assure that logins into our system do not occur from undesirable jurisdictions.

    This email is to notify you that as of the week of 19 November, Pinnacle Sports will automatically block access to our site from all IP addresses originating from within United States.

    In order to confirm your residency, the following information will be required:
    . A copy of your ID (passport /driver's license)
    . A copy of a utility bill with your name as proof of address

    Please scan this information and forward the documents to our Compliance Department at compliance@pinnaclesports.com.

    If you are unable to provide non-USA residency, please use the Cashier of your account to request a withdrawal for your balance before 19 November. Any pending plays in your account will have action. Once graded, you may return to your account to request any remaining balance. Our normal withdrawal policies will apply.

    We have appreciated your business and past support of our site.

    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation

    Kind regards,

    Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports


    I NEED to be able to watch Dynamic Lines!!!! This is the worst news ever!!!!!!!!!!!

    And Live Betting Lines!!!! This sucks so bad.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 11-13-12 at 12:45 AM.

  7. #7
    neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 6,305

    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    WTF are you going on about?

    America is supposed to be a 'free' country, .
    Don't know what America you are living in. America hasn't been free since 1492

  8. #8
    CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-01-09
    Posts: 7,896
    Betpoints: 831

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    This is f*cking real! Here is someone who got an email on November 9th.

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/40...-19-a-1265917/
    Received this email today:

    Dear Client,
    Since January 2007 it has been our intention to not accept wagers from the United States.

    We had taken several measures to assist with this initiative in addition to diligently enforcing country of origin upon account creation. We are now investing in technology to assure that logins into our system do not occur from undesirable jurisdictions.

    This email is to notify you that as of the week of 19 November, Pinnacle Sports will automatically block access to our site from all IP addresses originating from within United States.

    In order to confirm your residency, the following information will be required:
    . A copy of your ID (passport /driver's license)
    . A copy of a utility bill with your name as proof of address

    Please scan this information and forward the documents to our Compliance Department at compliance@pinnaclesports.com.

    If you are unable to provide non-USA residency, please use the Cashier of your account to request a withdrawal for your balance before 19 November. Any pending plays in your account will have action. Once graded, you may return to your account to request any remaining balance. Our normal withdrawal policies will apply.

    We have appreciated your business and past support of our site.

    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation

    Kind regards,

    Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports


    I NEED to be able to watch Dynamic Lines!!!! This is the worst news ever!!!!!!!!!!!

    And Live Betting Lines!!!! This sucks so bad.
    i dont understand, who was this? Someone in the US with a balance? A US citizen living abroad who had already sent in documentation that they werent living in the US?

    All Pinny accounts already had to have that documentation

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  9. #9
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 16,950
    Betpoints: 72

    i don't know about you guys but if i wanted freedom i'd move to some other country such as russia or china...

  10. #10
    vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-08-09
    Posts: 5,794
    Betpoints: 843

    so easy to cicumvent this.

    boys dont be dumb-asses.

  11. #11
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    so easy to cicumvent this.

    boys dont be dumb-asses.
    How? Will they allow american accounts to log in from non-american ip addresses?

  12. #12
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,008
    Betpoints: 2089

    I hope SBR will ask pinnacle about this soon.

  13. #13
    vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-08-09
    Posts: 5,794
    Betpoints: 843

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    How? Will they allow american accounts to log in from non-american ip addresses?
    Just google "proxy" or "vpn"

    BTW..I dont use pinnacle...but come on...this is so obvious.

  14. #14
    NobodyUKnow
    NobodyUKnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-17-11
    Posts: 45
    Betpoints: 1113

    Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Just google "proxy" or "vpn"

    BTW..I dont use pinnacle...but come on...this is so obvious.
    Exactly.

  15. #15
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 37,266
    Betpoints: 2597

    Haven't played at pinnacle since 2007 anyway

  16. #16
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,497
    Betpoints: 38834

    They are problematic and very slow. Don't work at all on mobile devices. If I'm wrong please list a link.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  17. #17
    soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-08-12
    Posts: 1,698

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    They are problematic and very slow. Don't work at all on mobile devices. If I'm wrong please list a link.
    They're fine on my phone, I've placed bets without any issues.

  18. #18
    chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-05-09
    Posts: 10,039
    Betpoints: 150

    I never got an email from Pinny. Now I feel like left out. Maybe because I only deposit/withdraw through Moneybookers?

  19. #19
    cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-24-10
    Posts: 845
    Betpoints: 1381

    Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Just google "proxy" or "vpn"

    BTW..I dont use pinnacle...but come on...this is so obvious.
    How do you get around this:

    In order to confirm your residency, the following information will be required:
    . A copy of your ID (passport /driver's license)
    . A copy of a utility bill with your name as proof of address

    If they uphold that necessity it's going to be a lot tougher. You can easily use a VPN or Proxy..but I'm not sure how you will be able to prove residency easily..obviously you could get a Canadian PO Box or something similar..but it's not going to be an overnight/easy thing for everyone.

  20. #20
    wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 3,063
    Betpoints: 3834

    Its still all for show, until they come out and say "we will confiscate and and all money in an account held by someone making bets from within the U.S." they are just doing this for more lip service.

    They stopped in 2007. Now 5 years later theyre like "ok now we're really stopping", the next story to hit that gives them a black eye and involved the U.S. they will do something else. But until they actually make it punitive they really dont mean it. even then some people would chance it.

  21. #21
    katstale
    katstale's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-07-07
    Posts: 3,699
    Betpoints: 12

    seems silly to block someone from looking at the lines who has no money in their acct. IF there is money in the acct, u already had to prove who u are and WHERE u are. I know this. maybe this saves them some bandwidth useage? lololol

  22. #22
    soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-08-12
    Posts: 1,698

    If you need to look at pinny lines you could always use oddsportal for updated lines and moves too

    Not sure what the big deal is here; if Pinny didn't let US players bet you can always view their lines on third party sites

  23. #23
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10689

    Quote Originally Posted by soul786 View Post
    If you need to look at pinny lines you could always use oddsportal for updated lines and moves too

    Not sure what the big deal is here; if Pinny didn't let US players bet you can always view their lines on third party sites
    Our SBRodds.com Pinnacle line is pretty fast. Points to you if you for any site you can verify beats us to the punch.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  24. #24
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 21,653
    Betpoints: 407

    Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    seems silly to block someone from looking at the lines who has no money in their acct. IF there is money in the acct, u already had to prove who u are and WHERE u are. I know this. maybe this saves them some bandwidth useage? lololol
    It's not silly if you enjoy how their dynamic lines work.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  25. #25
    Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-12-11
    Posts: 660
    Betpoints: 11011

    Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    seems silly to block someone from looking at the lines who has no money in their acct. IF there is money in the acct, u already had to prove who u are and WHERE u are. I know this. maybe this saves them some bandwidth useage? lololol
    I suspect it is more to stop people/other books purely using them a source to copy lines from - betfair does something similar now where the odds shown are delayed if you arent logged into your account with them, though not actually sure if you need to be funded or if you are able to just logged be in even with a zero balance. Also I believe 365 need you to be logged in and funded to stream the matches they have streamed on there, though havent been funded with them for a couple of years now so havent had a look lately.

  26. #26
    ronald
    ronald's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 2,947
    Betpoints: 6005

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    This is f*cking real! Here is someone who got an email on November 9th.

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/40...-19-a-1265917/
    Received this email today:

    Dear Client,
    Since January 2007 it has been our intention to not accept wagers from the United States.

    We had taken several measures to assist with this initiative in addition to diligently enforcing country of origin upon account creation. We are now investing in technology to assure that logins into our system do not occur from undesirable jurisdictions.

    This email is to notify you that as of the week of 19 November, Pinnacle Sports will automatically block access to our site from all IP addresses originating from within United States.

    In order to confirm your residency, the following information will be required:
    . A copy of your ID (passport /driver's license)
    . A copy of a utility bill with your name as proof of address

    Please scan this information and forward the documents to our Compliance Department at compliance@pinnaclesports.com.

    If you are unable to provide non-USA residency, please use the Cashier of your account to request a withdrawal for your balance before 19 November. Any pending plays in your account will have action. Once graded, you may return to your account to request any remaining balance. Our normal withdrawal policies will apply.

    We have appreciated your business and past support of our site.

    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation

    Kind regards,

    Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports


    I NEED to be able to watch Dynamic Lines!!!! This is the worst news ever!!!!!!!!!!!

    And Live Betting Lines!!!! This sucks so bad.
    Get a line service.

    Problem solved.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/31/2005


  27. #27
    shari91
    forum@sportsbookreview.com
    shari91's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 29,901
    Betpoints: 20690

    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    I suspect it is more to stop people/other books purely using them a source to copy lines from - betfair does something similar now where the odds shown are delayed if you arent logged into your account with them, though not actually sure if you need to be funded or if you are able to just logged be in even with a zero balance. Also I believe 365 need you to be logged in and funded to stream the matches they have streamed on there, though havent been funded with them for a couple of years now so havent had a look lately.
    365 definitely has that policy now. It changed within the past couple of years as I remember a few guys going off in my tennis thread about it. But truly if you deposit $20 with them or whatever the min is, you have access to everything. Maybe it's like any other perk that places offer - ie like SBR Pro here - they see it as let's reward loyal users and try to avoid potential IT headaches when people don't even have cash in the book. It's a pita for people who can't/shouldn't be betting there but I can't fault them for that one.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  28. #28
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 17,029
    Betpoints: 15

    Just another list of the stuff taken away from US Players.

  29. #29
    harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-09
    Posts: 229
    Betpoints: 2380

    I remember back in 2007 pinnacle banned me for a short time because they thought I was American (turns out they thought only Americans have aol addresses). I asked whether I could place bets years ago when I travel to the states and they said no. I think this is a complete non-story perpetrated by the media influenced by those withUS gaming interests.

  30. #30
    str
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-12-09
    Posts: 4,692
    Betpoints: 108

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Our SBRodds.com Pinnacle line is pretty fast. Points to you if you for any site you can verify beats us to the punch.
    I read a post that said that your SBR odds lagged behind in time frame of when the line actually moved at Pinny. I watched to see for myself and can say that SBR odds works great. It's within seconds . IMO once again, SBR has taken care of business for all of us.

    Thank You SBR.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85, and ncat12

  31. #31
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post
    I asked whether I could place bets years ago when I travel to the states and they said no. I think this is a complete non-story perpetrated by the media influenced by those withUS gaming interests.
    That really blows. It is the same in France with some books.

  32. #32
    RudyRuetigger
    Update your status
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 18,944
    Betpoints: 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Our SBRodds.com Pinnacle line is pretty fast. Points to you if you for any site you can verify beats us to the punch.
    true story
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/07/2017

    It's a conspiracy

    casino is rigged


  33. #33
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,482

    Nice to have relatives in Mexico

    Viva México

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  34. #34
    KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-11
    Posts: 8,076
    Betpoints: 5177

    Lol go to north Korea schmuck
    Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Don't know what America you are living in. America hasn't been free since 1492
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

  35. #35
    Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-21-10
    Posts: 2,060
    Betpoints: 1529

    Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Get a line service.

    Problem solved.
    Suggest a good one...

123 Last
Top