TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    Luck doesnt make goal line stands for 2nd 3rd and 4th down. I am sick of people constantly saying nd only wins because of luck.

It wasn't a goal line stand. He made it in but the ref blew the call, and everyone who isn't blinded by their love for ND has said so. It wasn't just this play though, there were other big plays that helped hand them the game.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

no worries. god will forgive you during you confession on sunday.

• it was clearly a TD. dude was on top of another ND player.

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I was on Stanford +7 and man does that push suck. That being said with the call being down on the field I don't think there was enough visual evidence on replay to call it a TD. I had the Packers in the MNF game a couple weeks ago and felt robbed then. I don't feel that way here. I should have pulled the trigger on Stanford +7.5 earlier in the week. As for ND being 6-0 I think it's great for college football. Love em or hate em they create plenty of discussion. My grandfather was a long time season ticket holder so I went to a good number of ND games. I've been fading them this season because I don't think their offense is good enough to cover the spreads they've had to lay.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    It wasn't a goal line stand. He made it in but the ref blew the call, and everyone who isn't blinded by their love for ND has said so. It wasn't just this play though, there were other big plays that helped hand them the game.
    there are only 2 kinds of people in this country. Those who love nd and those who hate them. We gave up 7 points from a fumble in the end zone, and botched a field goal attempt.please tell me how the game was handed to us.

TheCentaur

there are only 2 kinds of people in this country. Those who love nd and those who hate them. We gave up 7 points from a fumble in the end zone, and botched a field goal attempt.please tell me how the game was handed to us.
    The refs handed it to you late in the 4th and in overtime during your time of need. Any other questions?

Also, you're wrong I don't love ND but I don't hate them

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Don't worry boys......the Trojans will hammer the leprechauns next month....as per usual.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

alright guys im going to bed, watch the refs though. one comes running in to signal the play over, and another is standing two feet away looking directly at the play. The guy standing two feet away would have the best look. In the eyes of the onfield pac 10 officials it was no td, and the big east didnt have the evidence to over turn it. Whether or not this was a blown call can and will be debated for the upcoming months. There is no doubt the ball crosses the goal line but imo the play was over when that happened.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

It is all politics...everyone in the world expects a run bad play calling

TheCentaur

alright guys im going to bed, watch the refs though. one comes running in to signal the play over, and another is standing two feet away looking directly at the play. The guy standing two feet away would have the best look. In the eyes of the onfield pac 10 officials it was no td, and the big east didnt have the evidence to over turn it. Whether or not this was a blown call can and will be debated for the upcoming months. There is no doubt the ball crosses the goal line but imo the play was over when that happened.
    Well since you think the ball crossed the goal line and no ref whistled or signaled the play over before this happened u agree it was a td. It doesn't matter if you think the play should have been over, it was not signaled as such, so the play was reviewable and should have been overturned.

He was never fully stopped or grasped IMO either

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

ND 11-0

When Notre Dame went 11-0 in 1989, the Irish were beaten by Miami in the regular season finale and finished the season ranked No. 2 behind the Hurricanes.
    The last time the Irish headed to Los Angeles to play Southern Cal undefeated was a year earlier, in 1988, when the squad coached by Lou Holtz beat the second-ranked Trojans 27-10 en route to the school's last national championship.

First 12