texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Fight wasn't fixed... Stopped too soon though...
    in real time it didn't appear to have been, but watching the replay, you could hear rogan try really hard to explode when he saw the "big punch" that effectively ended it, but it never really came. we all have seen guys take much worse. sonnen was done though regardless. he had reached the point where his defense was becoming unintelligent as they say.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post

Only thing is, where could you get the kind of money down that it cost Sonnen losing the fight as opposed to winning. Wonder what the purse difference is. He probably has a lot of shady friends though from his money laundering days that could get money down.
    No clue. But if he felt he would lose the fight eventually anyways, this would be the perfect setup

All Sonnen would have to do is survive the first round. And he did that perfectly. Take AS down and lay there. Don't take any risks that would expose a neck or limb to get subbed. Just get through to the second round.

And then dive. or slip. or get caught. whatever. Just lose it in the second round

Chaels shady. I'm quite sure this is what happened. I'll be filing a grievance with SBR and hope they see this through

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    No clue. But if he felt he would lose the fight eventually anyways, this would be the perfect setup

All Sonnen would have to do is survive the first round. And he did that perfectly. Take AS down and lay there. Don't take any risks that would expose a neck or limb to get subbed. Just get through to the second round.

And then dive. or slip. or get caught. whatever. Just lose it in the second round

Chaels shady. I'm quite sure this is what happened. I'll be filing a grievance with SBR and hope they see this through
    He almost won in the first round.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

There are FEW BLOWS that destroy your life force like a knee to the body. First of all -- getting hit by a knee is like getting hit by a truck going 35 mph or so. I'm sure getting hit by Silva is 2X a normal guy. And people underestimate body shots. I've nailed guys to the body with knees and watched them CRUMBLE. I've been nailed a few times and felt it's effects. That knee finished the fight. It was the beginning of the end.

The Kraken

Who almost won? I didn't get to see any of it

From what I read though, it sounded like Sonnen just got on him and layed there. Got to mount but didn't try any subs or get any big shots in.

Yisman, what the fukk really happened pal. I can't trust my sources right now.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

From what I read though, it sounded like Sonnen just got on him and layed there. Got to mount but didn't try any subs or get any big shots in.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    There are FEW BLOWS that destroy your life force like a knee to the body. First of all -- getting hit by a knee is like getting hit by a truck going 35 mph or so. I'm sure getting hit by Silva is 2X a normal guy. And people underestimate body shots. I've nailed guys to the body with knees and watched them CRUMBLE. I've been nailed a few times and felt it's effects. That knee finished the fight. It was the beginning of the end.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

That right uppercut did him in. Look at it again. It was a glancing blow but it opened up the cut on the bridge of his nose. Sonnen dropped like a rock as soon as Silva landed it. Uppercuts don't have to have much force on them to do damage because it messes with your equilibrium. He tried to duck and cover after that. The knee took the wind out of him and a nice kick to the body hurt as well, then the right uppercut got him. Clearly no dive as he had a big gash over his nose and was trying real hard in the 1st round. He just got too reckless in the 2nd round and was clearly tired as he was off balance every time he threw a punch. That spin move was stupid and he was trying too hard instead of taking his time and letting the fight come to him.

I had money on him and don't think it was a fix. He just got caught being careless/stupid. I really thought he had a good chance of winning the fight but he shot his was in the 1st.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Sonnen landed some pretty good shots to Silva's head. I bet on Silva and I was worried that it was going to end in the first.

The Kraken

CHI (legend) and myself thank you. Seems like we're always on here at the same time. Good guys.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Kraken, i need a medical q & a thread over here.

got 4 pins in my right ring finger and pinky. please advise on rehab

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

He didn't take a dive he just quit when he couldn't take Silva down.

Mac4Lyfe

Sonnen took Silva down like in the first 30 seconds of round one. It was a real awkward looking take down as he put 2 hands over Silva's waist and just forced him to the ground. He got in a few shots and Silva looked like he was in trouble a few times but nothing really big. Slapping with his open hand a few knees to the chest but no ground and pound as Silva guarded well. Sonnen really looked stronger than Silva in that 1st round and it seemed if he would have gone for it and just started pounding that he could have gotten a win.

2nd round he was clearly trying to take Silva down again but couldn't get him to the ground as easily as the 1st round. He was trying to shoot the leg, grab, hold all in an effort to get him on the ground. He was real reckless and didn't seem comfortable standing and attempted a stupid spin punch (not kick). He slipped and fell to the ground and Silva landed a knee to the chest that also hit the face but the ref really couldn't see it at the angle he was at. He got up and looked like he recovered but Silva hit him with a couple kicks and punches then landed a big right uppercut that did him in. he covered up in the fetal position and Silva pounded with only about 6 punches and the ref stopped the fight. It looked real early but he was balled up like scared dog. Once they stopped the fight you could see a 5 inch gash across his nose from the punch.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

No way it was a dive. I've knocked out quite a few guys with one shot in the ring and out, with punches and elbows, and can tell you first hand that a knee probably hurts the most, especially like the one Silva caught him with. I've been knee'd hard in a Muay Thai bout and believe me, it sucked. I want the fight to be over and was glad it happened in the last round.

I once knocked a guy to his knees with a left hook to the liver and that was the end of the fight. He dropped to his knees and just sat there, immovable. Sonnen was a little too cocky and he paid the price. Just because you can catch a guy doesn't mean you can finish him. Silva is seasoned enough to not get freaked out and he knew if weathered the storm he always had a chance to win the fight. So I doubt, in fact I'm sure that Sonnen didn't take a dive. Also, if you looked at him the whole time after the fight, he was obviously very disappointed because he truly thought he was going to win.
    Last edited by AraiWa; 07-08-12 at 01:14 AM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

does seem fishy, why do a roundhouse there anyway?

The Kraken

Thanks Mac and nice writing. Mac, was the gash from the knee or subsequent punches?

Mac, was the knee illegal?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

All i can say is if this fight was fixed i would hate to be on the losing end, having to take a beating.

Mac4Lyfe

Thanks Mac and nice writing. Mac, was the gash from the knee or subsequent punches?

Mac, was the knee illegal?
    It clearly hit him square on the chest but follow through knocked his head back but probably more on the thigh. There talking about it now on UFC press conference. Sonnen said he could care less if it was legal or not because he saw it coming and he hates all the rules when he felt it was a good knee. He then went on to say that it was legal.

Name:  SonnenCapture.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.1 KB

Mac4Lyfe

You don't take a dive and look like above ^^^^

http://www.ufc.com/media/148-post-pc

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

whats fukkin wrong with this world? would you want that knee to have DQ'D? the better fighter finishing things off? Should he of stopped and said to the ref this is for his chest? this is a fight! the last thing anyone / ufc needed was to open a boxing type BS scandal like the Pacman robbery. Soon fighting will be a slap fight, did you slap with a closed hand? we call that a chris brown and thats a DQ sorry you lose....
    If I pay $60+ on a fight I wanna see a fight not some random DQ or bad "decision"

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Sonnen had a chance to finish Silva in the 1st and he didn't. The knee look questionable but too close to call without replay so there isn't much the ref can do on a 50/50.

The Ref stopping the fight early was a no brainer. Sonnen had no freaking clue where the punches were coming from in the 2nd. Silva would of cracked his skull eventually if the Ref kept going.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I stand by my assessment. The stream I was watching wasn't the greatest quality but until I see another replay that refutes it I think he took a dive

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This is what happens when a wrestler trys a spinning back fist and misses....... he loses his balance and falls down.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you are mistaking bad game plan vs taking a dive. just watch michael spinks vs mike tyson. that's called taking a dive, not last night's fight. sonnen was just out of control in the second round and lost his footing. once on his ass, he panicked and lost. what's so hard to believe?

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you are mistaking bad game plan vs taking a dive. just watch michael spinks vs mike tyson. that's called taking a dive, not last night's fight. sonnen was just out of control in the second round and lost his footing. once on his ass, he panicked and lost. what's so hard to believe?
    The only way you drop straight down like that after a punch is if ur knocked silly or taking a dive. Didn't connect near enough to knock him silly.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Did you bet on Sonnen?

As much as I don't like Silva you know he's going to win. Fix or no fix. Whatever. Who cares.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

let's just say the fight didn't live up to its hype.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Did you bet on Sonnen?

As much as I don't like Silva you know he's going to win. Fix or no fix. Whatever. Who cares.

No didn't bet it. While watching it live it didn't look like he got hit hard enough to drop straight down like that and the knee looked like it was blocked/deflected and barely landed. Sure enough, that's what it looked like in the replay.

Nick Papageorgio

Yes he blocked the knee with his chest/chin

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

If I talked so much shit before the fight then basically quit after those weak hits I'd be ashamed to even show my face anywhere.

For these guys its just another WWE storyline to sell some tickets. Except their story lines suck, fighters are boring, entrances are boring, endings are boring, matches are boring.

At least people are smarting up, ppv buy rates are complete crap the last two years.
    Dana predicted over a million for yesterdays junk, we shall see....lol

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

A knee to the solar plexus from anderson silva would have most grown men cradled up in the fetal position. If you think that is a weak shot go let a little kid knee you there and let us know how you felt afterwards. It doesn't take much impact on an accurately placed shot to have one's breath stolen away from them, and anderson silva places those shots on the button almost every time.

Nick Papageorgio

Look at the 2nd to last punch that landed, the american gangsta was rocked. Look at his reaction, this is what the ref saw.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OMG.

Sonnen went for spinning backfist, fell, and then got the shit beat out of him.

Watch the replay. The knee was to the chest. It was completely legal. Also, there are a lot of idiots here if they think those punches Silva was landing weren't doing damage. No one here could have taken those punches. It was a good stoppage as Sonnen had no chance at that point.

I would love to see one of you guys take a knee to the chest while on the ground from the best fighter in the world and then get punched repeatedly in the head.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Fight wasn't fixed... Stopped too soon though...
    Maybe yes, maybe not... Sonnen was in a very bad position there, probably if the fight goes on, he would give up with a few more punches.

First 1234 Last