MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Mf, we're talking NBA pal, not college. Ive got plenty of college examples. OU v. Oregon on-side kick is first that comes to mind.

NBA is as pure as ivory.
    There are examples from everything there. NBA, NFL, college, poker, whatever.

He has cried about things being rigged probably more than anyone else on this site.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    There are examples from everything there. NBA, NFL, college, poker, whatever.

He has cried about things being rigged probably more than anyone else on this site.
    We're talkin about the NBA being rigged here, when you post one of my old posts that deals with online poker being rigged by some no name illegal offshore gambling site based in an unregulated 3rd world country it has nothing to do with the NBA

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

If you had a large stake in the NBA and made a gazillion dollars would you be stupid enough to rig it and lose everything? Neither are they. They aren't morons who run the league. It's just bad officiating sometimes. NBA is more judgement calls than other sports so it can look bad sometimes. But there are just as many counter examples to rigging as there are for rigging. The spurs won 4 championships and each time the ratings were awful. Explain that one conspiracy theorists.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

people who think sports are rigged are retarded ... are the games rigged when a player shoots 30 percent from the field? or in baseball is it rigged when a pitcher has a bad outing?

i guess hockey is rigged when the refs either let teams play or not play ....

cmon guys lets be real here only thing fake about sports is steroids

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Give me a break you would have the best team in the West that just won 33 out of their last 35 games prior to game 3 vs the superstar Heat.

You rig guys just change your tune based on whatever the result is, if Boston wins tomorrow youll say well **** of course they wouldnt rig it for the Heat Boston's so popular it would be a huge storyline to watch them play OKC

Anyone who believes the NBA as a whole is rigged is fukin retarded and will just change his tune based on whatever the results are to find some way to keep that opinion....SA is easy lock money the NBA aint gonna get in the way of a Spurs/Heat finals becomes eh it was better for the league for OKC to win now we can watch some +200 preseries nobodys like Harden and Perkins instead of the unbeatable Spurs that won their first 10 playoff games in 10 blowouts in a row...yea sure it was buddy whatever ya say
    It's not that people "change there tune" it's that nobody knows what the NBA wants to happen besides the crooked f**** who run it. People can make speculations, but the truth is nobody really knows except the people who run it.. You are truly blind if you cannot tell that there is corruption in the NBA. I kinda know where you are coming from, because I am passionate about the game as well. Part of you doesn't want to believe that something that is so important to you, is in fact complete bull s***. But that's what it is. It's a business. It's all about making $ and trying to get as many people to be fans as possible. Just keep watching the NBA, sooner or later you will realize it.

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    It's not that people "change there tune" it's that nobody knows what the NBA wants to happen besides the crooked f**** who run it. People can make speculations, but the truth is nobody really knows except the people who run it.. You are truly blind if you cannot tell that there is corruption in the NBA. I kinda know where you are coming from, because I am passionate about the game as well. Part of you doesn't want to believe that something that is so important to you, is in fact complete bull s***. But that's what it is. It's a business. It's all about making $ and trying to get as many people to be fans as possible. Just keep watching the NBA, sooner or later you will realize it.
    You're right, it is a business. It's a profitable business no matter who wins. So it's a TERRIBLE business decision to rig it. It just doesn't make sense! Why risk everything, INCLUDING JAIL TIME, to rig a business that's profitable? THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Scientific Method backwards. You start with a hypothesis, that the NBA is rigged, and then pick and choose bits and pieces to support your theory after the fact.

Must be nice to see things so clearly.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

I actually believed the NBA wasn't rigged until I saw this game.. and then after seeing the same bs year after year, it's really kinda hard not to question what really goes on

nj1035
    Update your status

I actually believed the NBA wasn't rigged until I saw this game.. and then after seeing the same bs year after year, it's really kinda hard not to question what really goes on
    That idiot was just pissed because he was caught gambling on games. Just trying to put the blame on someone else instead of taking responsibility for his cheating actions.

If there was 3,4,5 refs coming out it would be a different story. But one rogue idiot ref coming out with BASELESS accusations means nothing. Just crying rape is all.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    people who think sports are rigged are retarded ... are the games rigged when a player shoots 30 percent from the field? or in baseball is it rigged when a pitcher has a bad outing?

i guess hockey is rigged when the refs either let teams play or not play ....

cmon guys lets be real here only thing fake about sports is steroids
    Nothing fake about steroids.

Sports games are fixed just not as often as people claim unless its lower levels of soccer....lol

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    That idiot was just pissed because he was caught gambling on games. Just trying to put the blame on someone else instead of taking responsibility for his cheating actions.

If there was 3,4,5 refs coming out it would be a different story. But one rogue idiot ref coming out with BASELESS accusations means nothing. Just crying rape is all.
    Maybe that was a bad video because it really only talked about Donaghy? I'm guessing you didn't watch that game. I watched that s*** first hand. That game was rigged. Everyone and there mom noticed it. The announcers, and every sports writer around the world acknowledged it. If you cannot even admit that game was rigged, then theres no point in me trying to convince you because you are simply not open minded to the possiblity of it being rigged at all
    Last edited by BlacK_HazE; 06-05-12 at 06:41 PM.

nj1035
    Update your status

Maybe that was a bad video because it really only talked about Donaghy? I'm guessing you didn't watch that game. I watched that s*** first hand. That game was rigged. Everyone and there mom noticed it. The announcers, and every sports writer around the world acknowledged it. If you cannot even admit that game was rigged, then theres no point in me trying to convince you because you are not open minded enough.
    I highly doubt the announcers said it was rigged. And I'm 100% sure every sports writer in the world did NOT say it either. There may have been some terrible officiating - I won't argue there. But bad officiating doesn't always mean it's rigged. It's just bad officiating. If there were rigged games it would have come out eventually. It always does. Too many people involved, it's been 10 years now.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

lol watch the last 3 minutes of the video and you will see every major sports analyst say it was rigged. They won't actually say the word "rigged' there job is to report sports. If they rat out the NBA they lose part of there business as well. That wasn't just bad officiating, that was the biggest tragedy ever in the NBA. 27 FREE THROWS IN THE 4TH QUARTER lol. Why? Because why the hell would the NBA want the small market Sacramento Kings in the finals. Donaghy may be a b**** for what he did, but I don't believe he was lying on everything he came out and said. Please just watch the video. Go youtube and watch the final 4th quarter, and then come back and tell me what you think.. anyone who saw that game knew it was bs. I'm not saying every game is rigged. But in cases (critical games) like that, you better believe the refs play a major role.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Isn't it more likely that some refs can have a particular bias or that refs can be compromised by sources other than the league offices? Like Tim Donahue (or however you spell it) was fixing games for his own personal reason not for the league.

There are a lot of big market teams that don't make it to the Finals that would be in the league's "interest" if that's what they were after.... Just nonsense....

We always tend to over analyze calls that go against what we are rooting for and tend to forget the calls that went our way.

nj1035
    Update your status

Just explain why the Spurs made it 4 times.

Everyone wants to point out the times when it seems "SO OBVIOUS". But they completely ignore the times when it doesn't work in their favor.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Isn't it more likely that some refs can have a particular bias or that refs can be compromised by sources other than the league offices? Like Tim Donahue (or however you spell it) was fixing games for his own personal reason not for the league.

There are a lot of big market teams that don't make it to the Finals that would be in the league's "interest" if that's what they were after.... Just nonsense....

We always tend to over analyze calls that go against what we are rooting for and tend to forget the calls that went our way.
    Lets say you are correct.. How does that still make the NBA not rigged?

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Just explain why the Spurs made it 4 times.

Everyone wants to point out the times when it seems "SO OBVIOUS". But they completely ignore the times when it doesn't work in their favor.
    Like I said not every game is rigged. But there are certain games that are, and you can tell. And you are lying to yourself if you think otherwise. Like I said, I don't run the NBA so I really don't know what there intention is; what they want to happen. Your asking the wrong dude. I'm just not stupid enough to ignore the facts when there put in front of my face

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

I don't believe the NBA is rigged. If it was rigged it gets harder and harder to manipulate than perhaps it was in the past.

With that said I'm responding to people claiming the NBA Offices, (i.e. David Stern) has a vested interest in the results and is rigging them to conform to his wants and needs. Whether a ref can be bought by a syndicate, mob, or has his own personal reasons, that we can never really know.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

I didnt read any of the posts but I will tell you that if Harden hadnt made that 3 with like 30 seconds left Spurs would have won. Refs were doing everything they could to get Spurs across the line first. But even they cant counter a miracle like that. Well I suppose they could have called an offensive foul and waved it of but they arent that blatant. Refs take their spots and help teams there are still no sure things simply because of the way scoring happens. But it is also why fixing totals is so easy.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

If you dont think theres at least 1 crooked ref in EVERY sport you are naive, I dont consider that meaning the entire league as a whole is rigged, 1 guy who rigs 4 or 5 games out of the entire 1400 game NBA season doesnt mean the whole leagues rigged, that's just gonna be the situation in ANY sport where gambling is involved that occasionally theres gonna be a fixed game

First 12