zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    So you think being addicted to cocaine is the same as getting cancer?
    actually in a way, yes. drug addiction is the same disease as say diabetes or whatever disease you want to put in with it. people don't "choose" to be drug addicts. its in your brain chemistry, its been scientifically proven.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Coke is good if not a used

Ask chicks as they love it

Coke enhances your awareness and work productivity

Aka as Lawrence Taylor

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    sometimes a stiff back is just a stiff back.
    And that is more than enough of an explanation for this capper. Not a big fan of any ballplayer or team, a result of a life of gaming but I have something against piling on a guy who has risen from the absolute bottom of the barrel to save himself and his career.

Who the fukk are we to judge.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    actually in a way, yes. drug addiction is the same disease as say diabetes or whatever disease you want to put in with it. people don't "choose" to be drug addicts. its in your brain chemistry, its been scientifically proven.
    You're just wrong. I probably have the same brain chemistry as Hamilton because my body/mind gets very addicted to things. I have to have a couple sodas a day or I feel like complete garbage and get really bad headaches. So I'm a drug addict, only, I was smart enough to let it be something like caffeine which isn't that awful for you.

If I tried cocaine, I'd probably become a coke head. Being smart enough to not do it means something.

You mention diabetes... that is just wrong. Some people get diabetes even if they make the right food/health decisions. Hamilton had to mess up badly to get his 'disease.' That is why it is different than MOST instances of cancer. If someone gets skin cancer because they tan outside too much or use tanning booths when they're a cracker like me, they probably had it coming too.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    You're just wrong. I probably have the same brain chemistry as Hamilton because my body/mind gets very addicted to things. I have to have a couple sodas a day or I feel like complete garbage and get really bad headaches. So I'm a drug addict, only, I was smart enough to let it be something like caffeine which isn't that awful for you.

If I tried cocaine, I'd probably become a coke head. Being smart enough to not do it means something.

You mention diabetes... that is just wrong. Some people get diabetes even if they make the right food/health decisions. Hamilton had to mess up badly to get his 'disease.' That is why it is different than MOST instances of cancer. If someone gets skin cancer because they tan outside too much or use tanning booths when they're a cracker like me, they probably had it coming too.
    I'm not even going to attempt to prove this to you or debate it with you cause your one of those who are so close minded and nothing is going to sway you nothing that is said will a difference.

I will just leave it at this, do you think these addicts, that end up losing their homes, destroying their lifes, losing their kids/wife etc...that they all want that? no, its the disease controlling them. its been proven. do your research.

zoo youk

heres just one article of many written by a DR.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ronic-brain-di
    One of the positive trends that is helping increase acceptance of a medical approach to alcohol and drug addiction is the growing awareness that substance dependence is not a moral failure, nor a sin, but rather a chronic medical disease with many similarities to other chronic medical diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and asthma. It was only within the last 20 years that researchers began to realize substance dependence is a "brain disease" - a medical condition with a neurobiological basis that causes lasting changes in the brain -- changes that don't go away, sometimes for months or years, even after recovering patients stop using.

zoo youk

Everything you know about addiction treatment is wrong.
    I can safely make this statement to most laypeople-plus an alarmingly large number of health professionals-without fear of being contradicted. Why? Because most people know very little about addiction, and what they do know (or think they know) boils down to this: addicts can quit if they really want to; all they have to do is commit wholeheartedly to their treatment, which consists largely of "talking therapy" - individual or group psychotherapy, or 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous.
    That's the sum total of most people's knowledge of addiction treatment. But it's dead wrong. And it's the main reason that the success rate for addiction treatment is currently only 20-30 percent. This means that 70-80 percent of the participants in any given addiction treatment program will not be successful. No wonder people think that alcohol or drug addiction treatment doesn't work!
    Fortunately, recent scientific research has discovered new avenues of treatment by showing conclusively that addiction is a chronic physical disease that attacks the brain, damaging key parts of the cerebral cortex and limbic system. This brain damage cannot be reversed by talking therapies; only select new medications and continued sobriety can do that. But when used together, these new medicines and talking therapies can literally work wonders...

zoo youk

I'll say this Kerry, initially the first time you use, yes is voluntary but for some after that, it's all over.

faheemrob
    faheemrob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

He said Rose give back to community... in an interview ;he said he haven't been to his community in over a year... so is he better than Hamilton?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hamilton is 10x the guy Rose is

Rose is Allen Iverson 2 but a better person

faheemrob
    faheemrob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

He play in the same city he grew up in...wow..can't drive down street... looking down from 88 floor

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I'll say this Kerry, initially the first time you use, yes is voluntary but for some after that, it's all over.
    But for that reason it isn't a disease. It's not like people go out and tried Polio and thought, "fukk, I need more of this shit now, I don't care if it kills me". Fukk, you think Alzheimer's disease and fukking alcoholism are the same thing? Take Josh Hamilton and put him in an Islamic country that beheads people for doing cocaine, let's see how "diseased" he is then.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

anyone know if he is playing tonight?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    But for that reason it isn't a disease. It's not like people go out and tried Polio and thought, "fukk, I need more of this shit now, I don't care if it kills me". Fukk, you think Alzheimer's disease and fukking alcoholism are the same thing? Take Josh Hamilton and put him in an Islamic country that beheads people for doing cocaine, let's see how "diseased" he is then.

I have little sympathy for people who bring their own struggles on themselves.

If I ever lose my shirt, my car, my house, my family, my friends, my career because of gambling, I would have deserved every ounce of misery I got.

Hamilton was blessed... he needs to man the fukk up and not drink. He has 2 beers and suddenly he is hunting for coke.... so just don't have any beers dipshit. You don't need them.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Hamilton is a great hitter, who cares if he does cocaine, i say do it and quit with the addiction/not addiction bs and just try to do it on weekends. the fukkin mets were awesome in 86 when they all did cocaine (except gary carter).

zoo youk

true that lol they were blowing 8balls before the game. i read, i forget what book they used to have dealer come to front row 2 hours b4 gametime n some1 would go grb the 8ball

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

still riding the pine today

First 12