baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Sanchez outplayed Brady, Manning, Rivers, etc in those playoff wins.....Fact

Sanchez can still get better and the Jets can win with him behind center......it has been proven already

I'm not a huge Sanchez fan-boy.....just call it like I see it.......He makes some great plays and has games where he looks awesome and he has other games where he looks absolutely awful and clueless......Jets invested big in Sanchez so unless Peyton comes they need to ride out Sanchez until they know for sure if he is the future or not

Dude, no offense, but you are delusional.

You are not seeing anything objectively. You must be one of the few people in the world that thinks that Sanchez doesn't suck ass.

You're not being objective at all.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

but hey, there are people that think that Metta World Peace and Dennis Rodman are sane human beings.

they honestly believe that shit. in "their eyes" that's the truth...

yikes

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Dude, no offense, but you are delusional.

You are not seeing anything objectively. You must be one of the few people in the world that thinks that Sanchez doesn't suck ass.

You're not being objective at all.
    Look at the fukkin game logs dumbass......I'm not saying Sanchez is better than them at all, not even close, just that he outplayed them in the playoff games the Jets won

Just all these people keep sayin Jets made it to the AFC Championship twice in spite of Sanchez is complete bullshit.....maybe in the regular season, yes, but in the playoffs Sanchez was awesome

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

In 6 career playoff games, Mark Sanchez has 9 TDs- 3 Ints.....1250 yards, 61% completetion.......4-2 record all on the road against the Patriots, Colts twice, Steelers, Chargers, and Bengals

But I know winning doesn't matter in the playoffs when Sanchez is at QB even though his stats prove otherwise

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

he looks really good when the offense is really running it down the other teams throat. Hell of a handoff ability the kid has.... oh wait, I forgot that fat **** Ryan thinks Sanchez is a good QB and throws it all over the ******* field. What a ******* idiot, the kid is horrible. He looked good in the past because the ground game was very good. Without that this year, he looked awful.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I have seen what Sanchez is capable of in big games and people still refuse to acknowledge that Sanchez is still developing,,,,,If Sanchez is like 27 years old still making the same dumb mistakes he won't be a starter in the NFL, I agree with that.....But we are not at that point yet

Is he good yet? no.....is he terrible or awful? Not at all......

Can the Jets win with him? yes, they have proved this and this was Sanchez as a rookie and 2nd year QB.....

.Will he get any better? He has to or he won't be a starter anymore....

A lot of shit was wrong with the Jets last year, although Sanchez was part of the problem he was not the only issue, not even close.....They had the worst Right Tackle and Tight End in the NFL ( Wayne Hunter and Mathew Mulligan)getting Sanchez killed and not opening up holes in the running game, Sanchez had a few terrible games, Braylon Edwards who made a lot of huge plays was gone and no one filled his shoes as a deep threat, the defense was not nearly as good as the last 2 years, and the offensive coordinator was absolutely clueless

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Mexican qb's just can't do it... Romo, Sanchez... and o/c they are very watered down...
    Romo is a natural qb, he needs to get out of Dallas. Bad mojo.

Put him in the right place (a team like the 2009 & 2010 Jets) and he will get it done.

They used to say the same stuff about Elway.

Sanchez throws bullets at RBs for screen passes and cannot find downfield target, much less hit them. He stinks.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Personally I don't think the ceiling for Sanchez is very high but he doesn't have much around him either. Dumba$$ for a coach, slow a$$ plodding Shon Greene, washed up Plaxico, and problem child Santonio Holmes. Not to mention their D went south this past season as well. Sanchez wasn't giving up 99 yard plays to Victor Cruz or getting schooled by Tim Tebow. He'll never be an elite QB but how many teams have elite QBs? Six or 7 at the most? He can definitely be as good as Joe Flacco & he should've been in the SB this year. Is Matt Flynn a big upgrade over Sanchez? Someone will pay him like he is. The key is coaching and Ryan is too stupid to get the most out of what he has.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

If I am building a team -dont want him

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie-Capper View Post
    If I am building a team -dont want him
    It's just that simple.

And I don't even want him for a hired gun.

Do I want him as a back up? Sure.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...n-mark-sanchez

ESPN.com: AFC East [Print without images]

Friday, October 5, 2012
    Clock is ticking on Mark Sanchez
    By James Walker

If Mark Sanchez doesn't turn things around for the struggling Jets, his job could be in jeopardy.
    Earlier this week, I wanted to get a temperature check on New York Jets fans. The team lost in embarrassing fashion at home to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, 34-0, so I went to Twitter and asked a simple question: How much patience do you have left for Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez?

The reaction was telling.
    Shaft226 writes: "I only have patience with Sanchez for only one game. [Sunday's] game was a disgrace."
    L7Panda writes: "After three-plus years, over him entirely. But he'll get at least another three games."
    LilMissNYJet writes: "I don't have much left. Two games may be pushing it. Patience is GONE for those making excuses for inability to improve."
    Mcsing85 writes: "Over it. ... Sanchez just unwatchable."
    Brajole0526 writes: "I don't think 160 characters are enough to describe the dwindling patience."

The clock clearly is ticking on Sanchez.

There have been three-plus years of inconsistent play and excuses for the No. 5 overall pick in the 2009 draft. In Year 1, Sanchez was given slack as a rookie. In Year 2, Sanchez was still green, but the Jets won. In Year 3, New York had bad chemistry and former offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's offense was too bland.

Arrow pointing down?

Jets QB Mark Sanchez is struggling in his fourth season.

Year Yards Cmp % TD INT Rtg
    2012 813 49.2 5 4 69.6
    2011 3,474 56.7 26 18 78.2
    2010 3,291 54.8 17 13 75.3
    2009 2,444 53.8 12 20 63.0
    Now, we are into Year 4 of the Sanchez era in New York. He's had different receivers, different offensive coordinators and different schemes. But the common thread is that Sanchez is still struggling. He's thrown for 813 yards, five touchdowns and four interceptions this season for New York's 28th-ranked offense. His 49.2 completion percentage through four games is the lowest of his career, and Sanchez's 69.6 passer rating is the lowest since his rookie year. The arrow is pointing down, not up, in his fourth season.

Sanchez must step up now before it's too late -- and it starts on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" against the undefeated Houston Texans (4-0). Any game could be his last as New York's starting quarterback.

It's time to stop pointing the finger at everyone in the Jets' organization but Sanchez. I do not want to hear excuses that receiver Santonio Holmes (foot) is injured and the running game is inconsistent. I do not want to hear about the mediocre job Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum has done adding quality depth to the roster. If Sanchez is truly a franchise quarterback, which his $58.25 million contract suggests, Sanchez will lift his team through tough times and injuries.

No questions asked.

"There's just no time to waste thinking about, 'Aww, that’s just too bad and I really wish we could, or what if,'" Sanchez said candidly this week. "I don't have time. There's really no time in the week to think about it, so I just don't."

New York's nationally televised matchup against Houston is a huge crossroads game for Sanchez. The Jets (2-2) won't admit it publicly, but the leash is shorter than ever for Sanchez. A good performance and a win over the undefeated Texans, ranked first in ESPN.com's Power Rankings, could catapult Sanchez to greater things this season. An ugly loss and poor play, similar to last week's defeat to the 49ers, could result in the Jets' inserting popular backup quarterback Tim Tebow.

New York has treated Sanchez with kid gloves for most of his career. The Jets never challenged him with a competitive backup until this season, and Sanchez has not responded. Sanchez said he doesn't feel threatened by Tebow, but he should be. Tebow took over the Denver Broncos last season after five games and led them to the playoffs. If the Jets lose and fall to 2-3, Tebow's run last year must cross the minds of people within the Jets' organization.

The calls for backup QB Tim Tebow will continue to grow if the Jets and Sanchez don't have a good showing Monday night.
    Coach Rex Ryan didn't want to think about the possibility this week when asked by the New York media. But Ryan didn't necessarily close the door on the quarterback switch, either.

"I don't want to get into the 'what ifs' of this, that or whatever. I just know in my heart, right now, that this is not the time," Ryan said. "I think Tim [Tebow] is an outstanding player, I think Mark is. Right now, I think Mark gives us our best opportunity to win. I will always do in my opinion what’s in the best interest of this team, and that interest is what gives us the best chance to win."

Ryan is correct. Monday is not the time for a quarterback change.

But what about Week 6, Week 7 or Week 10? If Sanchez continues to play at this level, starting Tebow appears inevitable.

To this point, Sanchez has been part of the problem, not the solution. That can no longer be the case in his fourth season. The quarterback is too important and sets the tone for the entire team.

But benching Sanchez would be a difficult decision. It would be an admission that the Jets missed on a first-round quarterback and flubbed a contract extension. New York guaranteed Sanchez $11.75 million this year and another $8.75 million in 2013, according to ESPN.com business reporter Darren Rovell. That would be a lot of money tied up in a player standing on the sideline holding a clipboard.

Ryan and Sanchez have won big games together. If the Jets bench Sanchez, it would be difficult to go back to him. You risk losing the player and possibly the team if the switch to Tebow does not work.

But if Sanchez continues to struggle, the Jets are going nowhere this year anyway. New York is a fast-sinking ship with a lot of holes. New York's top playmakers, Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis (knee) and Holmes (foot), are out for the season. The offense has little depth and the defense is not nearly as good as expected.

Good quarterback play is the fastest way for the Jets to overcome those obstacles. If Sanchez strikes out against Houston, a switch to Tebow may be the only card Ryan has left this season to spark the Jets.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The Jets should switch to Tebow only because they have no WRs. With Tebow, they don't need WRs.

First 12