Originally posted on 12/03/2015:

I live in rural north Alabama. Shit like this just doesn't happen in my area. I tend to think that it has a lot to do with a shooters chances of survival. One gunshot in a room with 20 people in it and you have 30 guns pointed back at you. You may kill one of us but the rest of us in the room will return fire. There will not be 20 casualties. I conceal carry a 9mm and a smaller backup (380 usually) at all times, even to church on Sunday mornings with at least 1 long gun in every vehicle that I own. Most of the men and some women around here are armed like me at all times and we don't have bullshit like this from anyone, be it Muslims, thugs, crazy ass white people or aliens. You start shit with my wife and she will shoot you. Guns are never the problem in this situation because if there had been a few of us so called rednecks in that room today, there would have been no manhunt because the bodies would have been laying there. If your group is known to be armed with guns and testicular fortitude, people like this will go find somewhere else to kill people. I apologize for the long rant but it amazes me how people continue to find fault with the guns instead of the crazy people operating the guns.