DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    You really think he catchs that after that little hold. LMAO By the way the first so called hold is called contact and not a penalty.

You can even see JU JU pull up like no way am I catching that. Mahomes thinks he's throwing to Tyrek.
    The first grab was worse than the second one. He clearly held him up and slowed him down so that he couldn't run the route in the time they practiced. The defender even admitted so in the post game.

Funny how you think that a play they practiced all week long was overthrown by several yards and the defender didn't affect the play. A little hold was all. Mahomes just over-throws receivers by 5 or 6 yards all the time. LOL.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18815

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    The first grab was worse than the second one. He clearly held him up and slowed him down so that he couldn't run the route in the time they practiced. The defender even admitted so in the post game.

Funny how you think that a play they practiced all week long was overthrown by several yards and the defender didn't affect the play. A little hold was all. Mahomes just over-throws receivers by 5 or 6 yards all the time. LOL.
    The one within 5 yds and JU JU ran into Bradberry making a bad cut. JU JU affected that route more than Bradberry.

Mahomes is throwing to a spot, he doesn't hit that spot every time.

DwightShrute

The one within 5 yds and JU JU ran into Bradberry making a bad cut. JU JU affected that route more than Bradberry.

Mahomes is throwing to a spot, he doesn't hit that spot every time.
    he hits the spot 8 or 9 times out of 10 and never misses by 5 or more yards.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18815

he hits the spot 8 or 9 times out of 10 and never misses by 5 or more yards.
    Depends on pressure from the Def.

DwightShrute

Depends on pressure from the Def.
    of course and there wasn't nearly enough pressure on him to make him miss by that much.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Why are you guys even arguing over this? He admitted that he held him.

If you want to be mad for the Eagles losing, be mad at Hurts and the Eagles defense.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Why are you guys even arguing over this? He admitted that he held him.

If you want to be mad for the Eagles losing, be mad at Hurts and the Eagles defense.
    Its mind boggling but in today's world that's how it goes. Guy admits he was wrong and people will double down.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

It's the inconsistency they pick and choose when they want to throw these flags. Crabtree got held worse in the 2013 superbowl on the goaline. Game on the line no call

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    It's the inconsistency they pick and choose when they want to throw these flags. Crabtree got held worse in the 2013 superbowl on the goaline. Game on the line no call
    There are always missed calls, but I'm not sure that's reason to complain about a correct call that's not missed. It will never be perfect unless every play is reviewed, and even then not perfect.

Maybe it would be nice if they allowed coaches to challenge any type of call in the Super Bowl, and allow for some extra challenges. Yeah, the game is long, but who cares. Start it a half hour earlier. Allow them to challenge penalties or missed penalties. Ot at least allow it in the 4th quarter maybe?

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 915

as with a lot of people, much easier to point the finger at a referee, or whatever else, than to self-reflect and admit you were a complete idiot for choosing this side

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Its mind boggling but in today's world that's how it goes. Guy admits he was wrong and people will double down.

budwiser

You really think he catchs that after that little hold. LMAO By the way the first so called hold is called contact and not a penalty.

You can even see JU JU pull up like no way am I catching that. Mahomes thinks he's throwing to Tyrek.
    it doesn't matter if he can catch it or not.

listen to the referee. prior to the pass holding

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    it doesn't matter if he can catch it or not.

listen to the referee. prior to the pass holding
    good point.

budwiser

good point.
    if it's during the pass it's pi, in which case you can say uncatchable. look at the replay the hold happens well before the pass.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8269

Human error and corruption will always be debated in sports officiating.
    When to end the debate is just as passionate.
    It seems very hard for sports fans to state their grievance and move on, the debates sometimes last decades, unfortunately

budwiser

the professional referee for fox said it. "at the initial break he grabbed the back of the jersey and pulled it"

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    It seems very hard for sports fans to state their grievance and move on, the debates sometimes last decades, unfortunately
    yeah it's the super bowl. takes a few days to come down from the passion of it. you know it's dead space for football bettors until september. that's what makes it so tough. i understand it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackpot269

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    if it's during the pass it's pi, in which case you can say uncatchable. look at the replay the hold happens well before the pass.
    yup we know if they throw a flag for PI they take it back sometimes if they feel the pass was uncatchable. This was holding so its irrelevant whether he could have caught it or not. Impossible to say because he held him and thus preventing him from route.

budwiser

i remember the last super bowl, the one before that. you think about it all offseason

budwiser

yup we know if they throw a flag for PI they take it back sometimes if they feel the pass was uncatchable. This was holding so its irrelevant whether he could have caught it or not. Impossible to say because he held him and thus preventing him from route.
    yeah exactly he doesn't get held it might be a td. but he got held, mahomes got pressured and he wasn't open, but mahomes was looking for him. why wasn't he open, could have been the hold.

could they have let it go, yeah. if they didn't let it go, it should be just as controversial, because they let one go in the 2q on 3rd down, if you remember the chief receiver complained

will be debated for ages. main thing is the eagles lose and chiefs win lol

budwiser

as for not calling it, you can debate this forever. this was nba, but a missed call, might have ended the lakers season. the lakers deserved to win this game.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30328

I'm beginning to think Mahomes saw the hold and intentionally overthrew it to 1.) make the hold seem worse than it was to the ref 2.) make sure ball wasn't intercepted in the event no hold was called. If true what a massively high iq play

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Okay I've had enough of this now. NFL season is over.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Whatever happened to ball wasn't catchable

asiagambler

Penalty occurred before pass was thrown

Ponch
    Ponch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1718

I'm not an expert, but I think because the defensive hold happened before the throw, then that's why it was called holding. If the ball was in the air and the defender held him, then it would be PI. In this case, I don't think it matters that it was overthrown or even thrown at all for that matter. Think of a play where the QB is scrambling looking for receivers downfield, refs can still call defensive holding even if the ball doesn't go to the offensive player that got held. I feel like we've seen a lot of questionable calls, but this one isn't really that dramatic. He was held coming out of that first break, defender with a handful of jersey. Just happened at a pivotal point in the game.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Mahomes won the game when he had that huge scramble on that drive, that was a great play. The defender should have known the situation that a penalty would end the game he should have just let himself get beat on the route they would have scored a touchdown and they would have still had a chance to tie it with time left

asiagambler

Mahomes won the game when he had that huge scramble on that drive, that was a great play. The defender should have known the situation that a penalty would end the game he should have just let himself get beat on the route they would have scored a touchdown and they would have still had a chance to tie it with time left
    Maybe he didn't want to risk it knowing Andy Reid should go for 2 in that situation

DwightShrute

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Maybe he didn't want to risk it knowing Andy Reid should go for 2 in that situation
    No reason for reid to go for 2

jackpot269

please correct me if I'm wrong here, this may be a collage rule.

If you hold before the ball is in the air its holding

If the ball is in the air its PI
    I not 100% on this but I think that's the rules
    Im not debating the call here one way or the other, I just thought there was a difference of what the call would be, by when you did it

DwightShrute

Im not debating the call here one way or the other, I just thought there was a difference of what the call would be, by when you did it
    you are correct. If the ref called holding, which he did, then its a 5 year penalty and an automatic first down as I am sure you are aware. If the call was PI, then its a spot foul at the point of the infraction and also an automatic first down as we all know.

My point was a small one in that if the call was PI which is was not, I have seen the refs pick up the flag many times for a couple reasons. 1) if the ball was uncatchable and 2) if the ball was tipped somewhere along the way, usually by DL or LB. When its defensive holding, those 2 don't apply.

budwiser

yeah. if he would have done that while the ball is being thrown i'm pretty sure they pick up the flag.

but, as people are saying he might have been open

so, that ends that.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5216

and the millions of betters who had Chiefs went like this

and quote OP I dont bet NFL it's WWE put this up as biggest idiotic thread in history of SBR

jackpot269

you are correct. If the ref called holding, which he did, then its a 5 year penalty and an automatic first down as I am sure you are aware. If the call was PI, then its a spot foul at the point of the infraction and also an automatic first down as we all know.
    My point was a small one in that if the call was PI which is was not, I have seen the refs pick up the flag many times for a couple reasons. 1) if the ball was uncatchable and 2) if the ball was tipped somewhere along the way, usually by DL or LB. When its defensive holding, those 2 don't apply.
    I wasn't disputing your post just pointing out a difference in the calls.I agree that on a holding call uncatchable should not matter, as it would in pi

First 12345 Last