Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    But, let me guess, Russell Wilson still has a job.
    250 millions reasons WHY?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Russell Wilson signed a 5 year, $242,588,236 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $161,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $48,517,647.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Yes that's why they brought in Payton. They have to try one more time with Wilson.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

I just read the Sean Payton presser and nearly spit out my coffee when he said "The ownership is fantastic..."
    Bronco's are WalMart money (Walton-Penner group), every sports franchise the Walton family touches turns to horsehit.

Ewing Kauffman (expansion KC royals owner) and Sam Walton (WalMart) were best of friends.
    Sam Walton was the patriarch of WalMart, his COO/CFO of the WalMart empire was David Glass.
    When Mr. Kauffman passed the Royals were bought out by Glass and WalMart money, the first thing Glass did was gutted the baseball team and became a laughing stock.

The NBA Denver Nuggets are owned by Stan Kroenke, who is the husband of Ann Walton, daughter of Bud Walton, Sam's brother and the other half of the WalMart brother empire.

How can Payton say with a straight face that Bronco's ownership (group) is fantastic.
    Royals won twice in 40 years and the Nuggets have never been relevant.

The Walton's are king's of bix box retail and the world's richest family.
    Problem is you can't and don't run a professional sports franchise like a retail chain.
    Pro athletes are totally different animals than twelve dollar an hour part time cashiers.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

it's like with work, you always say your coworkers are great and all that. Could be true, not true, something inbetween, doesn't matter. You're there because you get paid. $17 to $20 million a year to coach a football team. Not a bad gig.

First 12