Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Week 6 Teaser Plays

These are my favorite teams to tease this week. Thoughts/Feedback appreciated.

1. San Francisco Tease to -.5 (LOCK). 49ers are on a roll and many analysts pick SF as THE #1 team right now based on their playing. They got a wake-up vs. a solid Vikings team on the road and have manhandled their last 2 opponents allowing a total of 3 points while also setting an NFL record 300+ yards passing and 300+ yards rushing in the same game. Alex Smith is playing highly efficient football with a league best 108.7 passer rating. Giants record is 3-2 off of an easy schedule and they still have Nicks out. 49ers have allowed 1 100+ yard rusher in the past 43 games which doesn't bode well for Bradshaw. More concerning is their defense is much less reliable than last year. Also note that the Giants' opponents have a combined 7-15 win/loss record. The last huge point is motivation. The Giants cost the 49ers a trip to the Super Bowl in a 20-17 overtime loss and haven't forgotten. I think San Francisco is looking to crush this week.

2. Minn. Tease to +8.5. Solid team, matchup is good, and I don't expect RGIII to be as reckless this time around. Everyone has been worried about when he'd go down, and if WASH is smart they'll look at last week as a warning if they don't make him change his style. Minn. should win outright, so the 8.5 points are a very nice here.

3. Denver tease to +8.5. Denver needs a win badly to stay alive. I've said already that the Chargers can crush bad teams but fall apart vs. more talented ones (recall Atlanta visiting in San Diego). Both defensive and offensive stats are skewed because of the teams they've hit to date. I see Denver putting up 27+ and don't think the Chargers will win this week.

4. Detroit tease to +10. The 3 games the Eagles have won by a combined 4 points. The losses include last week losing by 2 and getting blown out by 21. Detroit is good enough to beat the Eagles outright, but 10 points is a great safety net. If Eagles win I don't see a big lead. Also, despite Stafford's *moderate* numbers he's actually playing good football. One of the big issues has been dropped passes. Game is in Philly but Detroit is coming off a bye week and will be ready. Eagles have been trying to minimize turnovers (and failing) which means less risky plays taken and therefore a lower scoring/closer game which is good for our points. If the game gets higher scoring that means more turnover opportunities for Detroit, and this is a great match-up to get some picks/sacks/fumbles.

5. Green Bay Tease to +9.5 (Weak/No Play). GB lost their RB Benson who is a big loss, but Houston lost Cushing, their star LB. Packers are not the elite team of last year, but they are still respectable. Houston has hit some softer teams and should have handled the Jets more easily. When Cushing went out of the game, the Texans struggled more. Should Houston pull an early lead, I see them playing cautious football and keeping the score closer just like Monday night vs. New York. Green Bay's 3 losses have been within 8, 2 and 2 points respectively.

Week 4 Picks: 5:1
    Week 5 Picks: 4:1 (incl. Lock Pick); 3:0 weak/no plays.
    Last edited by Parligod; 10-11-12 at 12:22 AM.

PRIMO99
    when Primo speaks ALL LISTEN !
    PRIMO99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

well broken down...

BabyMatrix27
    BabyMatrix27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Football NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers -½ -115 for GameFootball NFL - Cleveland Browns +8 -110 for Game
    Football NFL - Dallas Cowboys +10½ -110 for Game
    Football NFL - Detroit Lions +10½ -110 for Game
    Football NFL - New York Giants +13 -110 for Game
    Football NFL - Green Bay Packers +10 -110 for Game
    Football NFL - Denver Broncos +8 -110 for Game
    Football NFL - Denver Broncos @ San Diego ChargersTotal O 43 -110 for Game

I have 3 out of your 5 teaser plays! Its a small bet but I feel comfortable with it! Im only concerned with my Dallas and Cleveland teaser but both teams have kept games pretty close except when Romo decided to throw 5 INT vs the Bears... after a Bye week, im sure they will work on mistakes and keep the game close.

Parligod

After more review Packers is a no-play. Top 2 teasers are 49ers and Vikings while downgrading Broncos and Lions slightly. A 3rd strong play would be Colts as I also factor in Jets coming off a shorter week, and adding 2 key injuries (one on D and one on O). Also a Lean play on Cleveland for teasing.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    After more review Packers is a no-play. Top 2 teasers are 49ers and Vikings while downgrading Broncos and Lions slightly. A 3rd strong play would be Colts as I also factor in Jets coming off a shorter week, and adding 2 key injuries (one on D and one on O). Also a Lean play on Cleveland for teasing.

think teasing cle over a td is very solid...i really like atl (as does the rest of the world) but grabbed them when they were still -8.5, have atl-2.5/dal+10.5...atl and sf were only 2 favs worth a damn for these purposes (and looks like atl leaving w number going up)but honestly didnt like a ton of teased dogs either..minny outta be ok, even tho im on mia-3 teasing rams up prob not bad as that should be a race to 20 (especially if you can get to 10),, gl this week..

Parligod

I'm not going to tout like I'm flawless nor will I argue I'm a pro at this but I do these weekly picks to try to improve and get better. Last week was very disappointing and I'll look back on the picks, but from what I gather many solid cappers were also upset/shocked by results. If nothing else week 6 reminds me of the saying "Any Given Sunday."
    SF still shocks me. I'm not sure if Alex Smith's finger injury was worse than they let on or what, but he was terribly disappointing in how he took sacks. Most QBs would throw the ball away rather than take lost yardage, but he seemed to hold on tight every time. Overall this game turned the statistics on its head. Neither team had been playing elite teams overall, but San Francisco at least was hitting respected teams (in fact 4 of 5 of them won this week).