shoelessjoe
    shoelessjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why I Like The Giants

Guys I just want to give something back after a nice year in both nfl in college. So many invaluable threads posted here this season and especially in college which I didn't follow at all and relied solely on the expertise of this board. The challenge of course, was weeding out the all the useless noise to find the right threads that made the most sense.

Now as far the as the superbowl goes, I feel the giants should be able to easily handle the patriots for the following reasons..

The emergence of Victor Cruz gives a streaky Manning three strong weapons to go to with the ball. Nicks and Cruz are truly a star tandom and Manningham has the speed to maked NE pay for overlooking him.

The NE secondary is nothing short of terrible

The lack of a strong pass rush for NE will allow Manning to carve them up just as he did the packers.

A fresh Ahmad Bradshaw will make NE pay for over playing the pass which they will almost certainly forced to do.

Their last game was on the road against a fantastic 49rt swdefense that flew to the ball. Sunday will feel like a 7-on-7 practice drill.

Defense

Brady will be prepared for the Giants pass rush but that doesn't mean he will be effective. As a former qb I can tell you the single greatest obstacle to face is a team that can produce a strong pass rush without blitzing. Even if the excellent NE O-line is able to pick up the rush half the time, Brady will still be feeling the D-line's presence and will less likely to be patient enough for NE's receivers to break free if they are not immediately open. NE will score but the rush should make enough of a presence to hold Brady and the offense to the low 20s in pts.

Gronkowski's injury will undoubtably hurt NE's offense significantly plus he is an under-rated blocker.

The Road To The Superbowl.

NE reached the sb by beating Denver (that had no business in the playoffs) and Baltimore (which was a terrible road team all season).

NYG on the other hand dominated a surging ATL team, crushed an invincible Packer team, and defeated a confident defensive powerhouse in the 49ers on the road.

I see the sb going like the Packer game. 33-24 Giants.

I cashed out nearly my whole account a few weeks back because I didn't like any of the plays on championship sunday, leaving me with just $37 to play the superbowl with. Instead of the giants straight up I took an alternative line:

Gia -3.5 (+200)

Good luck to you all and thanks for a great season!

Shoeless Joe

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

i also bet giants on ALT. line -3.5 but at +230 (5dimes)