newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teaser Help

I just decided i'm going to start playing teasers. first of all, are they good bets? Today I'm playing the following teaser.
    Spurs -1
    Pacers -2

what do you all think of this play? good bad or so so thanks.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have had no luck at all with teasers in the NBA. Problem is teams blow each other out all the time in that league so the 4pts or even 6pts are not much help. Take a look at parlaying NBA MLines. You would have cleaned up last night.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

What odds does this pay newb?

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    What odds does this pay newb?
    Two team teasers usually pay even money. I had some success with them in NFL cause 6pts is huge but in NBA 4 to 6pts is nothing.

mad

If i am correct in my thinking that two team teasers pay -110 (10/11) or $1.91 then i would give some serious consideration to the following:
    Prices from Pinnacle
    Spurs -245 (1.408)
    Pacers -272 (1.368)

A two team ML parlay would pay approx $1.926 > $1.91 payout from teaser. With the two team parlay you get those three extra points plus a marginally better payout.

PS Just read Al's post; if the odds are even money then i still think 8 cents is good value for three points.
    Last edited by mad; 02-15-06 at 07:11 AM.

newb411breaker19

thanks guys, yeah i have had some success parlaying moneylines. last night i hit detroit miami and milwaukee. Does anyone here parlay moneylines with dogs?

mad

Not really newb, you could but my main reasoning behind parlaying is to try to increase my odds in terms of payout. It's not a big thing with me but something i like to consider all the same. As for ML dogs, i'd usually play them SU, but that's a personal preference rather than anything else.

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by newb411breaker19
    I just decided i'm going to start playing teasers. first of all, are they good bets? Today I'm playing the following teaser.
    Spurs -1
    Pacers -2

what do you all think of this play? good bad or so so thanks.

To me NCAAB teasers are the better value -- you are getting to work with a slightly larger share of the points to be scored in the game, and there are fewer off-nights and blowouts to watch out for.

I always feel best teasing a favorite down into "just win the game" territory (as you're doing), or teasing a live home underdog up to a point where you're still OK if things get away from them in the last miunte or two. In general, I'd rather tease a home team.

Also think that, unless you believe in the play ATS almost enough to pull the trigger, it's not worth teasing.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

JayEgdarWho, tend to disagree in regards to teasers being better value. i my opinion teasers are sucker bets.

newb411breaker19

thanks for the help guys

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    JayEgdarWho, tend to disagree in regards to teasers being better value. i my opinion teasers are sucker bets.
    sucker bets they are.
    newb, i suggest if you want to parlay two games, do it with the original spreads, hitting 3 out of 10 plays will leave you even