gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

predicting when stars will sit out

i'm very interested in this topic but don't know that much about the actual mechanics (team and betting) of it.

do any star players play 82 games any more when not injured? or do all players sit out a few games? not sure if the players association has any involvement (soft or hard in this)

assuming these X players sit out games uninjured, is it predictable when they will sit out? as an example, i think kawhi leonard for the raptors doesn't play back-to-backs. i was thinking he sits out first game but not sure about that.

if you're not sure if a player would sit out, then i guess you have home/road (don't disappoint the home fans), back-backs, quality of opponent.

on quality of opponent, will players sit vs. poor teams or excellent teams? (on the road)...... there's an argument for both, but ultimately i think they sit vs. lousy teams even though that risks losing an easy win.

lastly, does the market discount for the fact that leonard "might" sit out XX game?..... lastly, is it possible to get good leading info from local sources?

sorry, that rambled but i'm very curious about it........ p.s. also, it's good to know what players have day-to-day injuries or recently were on injury list as i assume they have much higher likelihood of not playing

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i should note that there was a good thread on here a few years ago about teams doing relatively well in their first game wihout a star and badly on their first game with star back from injury list.

i think the first part might be applicable to stars sitting out games. i know the raptors don't play that much worse without lowry or leonard (not without both). but then i think things get worse over time.