Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Anyone going to take a look at Kevin Durant tonight?

Apparently you can watch summer league games live at http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/. I tried the "watch" link for the Celtics game but it's down for me.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I probably won't watch it at all Bill. I tried to watch part of that summer league game tonight on a channel out of Memphis (channel 50) tonight, and I found it rather boring.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

In case you didn't catch the game, heres what he did tonight Bill.

Durant has another poor shooting game

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Kevin Durant showed again he isn't afraid to shoot as he starts his professional career with the Seattle Supersonics. The shots, however, continue to be off target.

The second pick in last month's draft was 4-for-19 from the field and scored 18 points Monday night in the Sonics' 87-74 loss to the New York Knicks in the NBA's Las Vegas summer league.

"I just wasn't in the game tonight," Durant said. "As the game went on, we got a little better, and that is the important thing."

On Friday night, the 6-foot-9 Durant was 5-for-17 from the field in a 77-66 loss to the Dallas Mavericks.

The 215-pound forward struggled with New York's physical play Monday, finishing with one rebound and no assists in 34 minutes.

"It is what it is," he said. "I've made some good passes, but we've just missed shots. I can't do anything about that."

Durant was 2-for-11 from the field in the first half and he missed his first four shots in the second half before hitting a short jumper with 9:25 to play. He finished with 11 points in the fourth quarter, including a 3-pointer in the final minute and six straight free throws.

"The game is quicker and everyone is good," said Durant, who swept the national player of the year awards in his one season at Texas. "You have to play hard every night.

"I'm still getting the ball where I want it in the post. I just need to execute."

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I guess I could go to a few of these games, but really didn't feel the need to.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

LAS VEGAS – Here is who shined and struggled in NBA summer league play Saturday and Sunday, according to various front-office personnel and scouts around the league.

SHINING

1. LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers – Aldridge continued his impressive play in Vegas. He is shooting well from the outside and has a nice turnaround baseline jumper. He finished Sunday's game with 16 points and 11 rebounds in a 72-68 loss to Dallas.

2. Spencer Hawes, Sacramento Kings – Hawes played well with his back to the basket, displaying good footwork and showing a variety of low-post moves, including a turnaround jumper. He also stepped out and hit a couple of jump shots. He finished with 19 points (on 9-for-14 shooting) and seven rebounds as Sacramento defeated Team China 73-47.

3. Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – Oden still was not great (anything was going to be an improvement over Friday's debacle in which he committed 10 fouls and scored six points), but he played much better on Sunday. He was much more active both offensively and defensively, soaring way above the rim to throw down a thunderous dunk as well as blocking four shots. He finished Sunday's game with 13 points and five rebounds in a losing effort.

4. Jose Juan Barea, Dallas Mavericks – He has played solidly in both of the Mavs' victories. On Friday, Barea finished with 14 points and nine assists and followed that up with 17 points and three assists on Sunday. He is strong with the basketball, gets into the lane and makes good decisions.

5. Marco Belinelli, Golden State Warriors – If he consistently shoots like he did on Saturday, then Golden State got the steal of last month's draft. Belinelli hit from anywhere and everywhere, making 14 of 20 shots from the floor and five of seven on three-pointers as he led the Warriors with 37 points in a 110-102 win over New Orleans.

6. Hilton Armstrong, New Orleans Hornets – Armstrong could be a low-post presence in his second season. On Saturday against Golden State, he showed decent moves around the basket and was active defensively and on the boards, finishing with 17 points, five rebounds and two blocks in only 19 minutes.

7. Jason Maxiell, Detroit Pistons – Maxiell played very well Saturday in displaying a solid low-post game and a nice touch on his jumper. Obviously, he is taking summer league very seriously, having lost all the excess fat he had in college. Maxiell finished Saturday's 91-89 victory over Philadelphia with 22 points on 7-for-10 shooting.

8. Javaris Crittenton, Los Angeles Lakers – He might be the answer for the Lakers at the point guard position. Crittenton displayed nice poise and shot the ball well (8-for-13 for 18 points) in a 66-64 win over Milwaukee. He is very good at changing speeds while handling the basketball, making one move where he hesitated at the top of the key and then exploded to the basket for a resounding dunk.

STRUGGLING

1. Francisco Garcia, Sacramento Kings – Garcia continues to have trouble with consistency. He shot a poor 6-for-18 from the field on Saturday and had five turnovers. He did, however, mix in some nice passes. Unfortunately, the Kings do not need flash next season; they need a reliable contributor.

2. Yi Jianlian, Milwaukee Bucks – Yi really struggled in his second game, and, as a result, Team China labored to score in its blowout loss to Sacramento. He had difficulty being guarded by a more athletic forward, winding up only 2-for-14 from the floor with nine points. He also committed five turnovers.

3. Jordan Farmar, Los Angeles Lakers – Farmar had a tough time in almost every aspect Sunday. His decision making was terrible, resulting in six turnovers, and he shot poorly (1-for-8 from the floor). Farmar's ability to fill the Lakers' gaping hole at point guard has never been more in doubt.