gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

not many "soft spots" in nba these days...

been wondering about this for awhile.......

seems like a bunch of cellar dwellers are finally coming around to respectability - off top of my head philadelphia, minnesota, maybe sac-town although were probably already mediocre.

a bunch have improved the last few seasons and somewhat hung onto that. milwaukee detroit charlotte utah etc.

ones that could have fallen have hung on fairly well......... miami, maybe dallas.......

basically leaves us very few very poor teams...

most years, there are 3 to 5 teams below 30% winning percentage.... this year there is one - brooklyn

most year, there are are 5 to 7 teams below 35% winning percent.. this year there are 3 - brooklyn, phoenix, LAL... 2 of those teams have bright futures.

so i think nba will continue to be roller-coaster............ any team - other than 1 at bottom and 2 or 3 at top - can win/lose any given night.

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

The NBA has never been as un-predictable night to night as it is today

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i also noticed when looking at winning % that there are big log-jams at upper 50% to lower 60% and in high 30%'s and maybe low 40%'s.. between that is a bit of a hole. obviously there are teams between those winning percentage but i don't think it's a normal distribution at all.

champ, thanks for the confirmation comment.. i think about it as toronto fan. a bit of a poor run here. but i'm wondering how many of the last 7 games - we've lost 6 of them - the raptors absolutely should have won. maybe 3? certainly NOT 5. and of course i mean "should have won" not "could have won". "could' = all 7 games and most of the 82 game schedule.

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

One night, the Cavs will score 130 and win by 40. The very next night, they'll score 84 and lose by 20