existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

1-6 FT's, classic choking. kid's so scared right now, just wants to disappear.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    1-6 FT's, classic choking. kid's so scared right now, just wants to disappear.
    definition of anti-clutch. shoots 85% during the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.

can you imagine jordan, kobe, wade shooting 1-6 from the line during the playoffs? no fukking way.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    definition of anti-clutch. shoots 85% during the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.

can you imagine jordan, kobe, wade shooting 1-6 from the line during the playoffs? no fukking way.
    no need for those comparisons ...compare him to m.finley/ j.stackhouse

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    no need for those comparisons ...compare him to m.finley/ j.stackhouse
    did they get max contract though.

IBetYou

i think m.finley did

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Both Lowry and Derozan are already historical chokers, the stats back it up. I still think Derozan plays with more confidence than Lowry, but I wouldn't want either on my team unless all you care about is regular season wins.

IBetYou

finley was so poor for the mavs they amnestied him. DeRozan is soft in the head.

existential

he just teared-up at the FT line after that miss, voodoo doll stuff here

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

25% ft shooting in a do or die playoff game from their "star" player. WOW

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Lakers will give it to him.

existential

why did Ujiri say that resigning DeRozan is his top priority but that resigning Biyombo likely won't be possible because of it? he made it sound like just because DeRozan stated that he wants to return, that somehow he now has a responsibility to make that happen.

and then he went on and on about how Casey is the Raps future and that it's a no-brainer for him to lock him up as well.

i can't stand GM's with blinders on who act based on what they believe the fans want, or what they think are the 'obvious'/squarish things to do.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

the guy deserves it. if anything myimbo 'THE BACK UP CENTER' should not be getting payed as much as he is going to.. if anything you need to pay valancuinas as much as he wants

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Everyone's getting paid this summer over 1billion in free agency $$ up for grabs NBA gets there money this summer

existential

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    the guy deserves it. if anything myimbo 'THE BACK UP CENTER' should not be getting payed as much as he is going to.. if anything you need to pay valancuinas as much as he wants
    DeRozan deserves a max? why?

Val already signed a $64M/4yr extension a while ago that kicks in next season. Biyombo is the vastly superior defender and athlete, it'd be interesting to see the Raps put them on the floor together.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Ujari has pretty much stated derozan is priority and bigmack will be a free agent and might not be pursued.

JayDr3am
    Handi

DeRozan deserves a max? why?

Val already signed a $64M/4yr extension a while ago that kicks in next season. Biyombo is the vastly superior defender and athlete, it'd be interesting to see the Raps put them on the floor together.
    did you see what derozan did this year/playoffs? yeah the cavs beat'em up but the guy can get his shot no matter what.. honestly he is the future of that team. why not pay him to keep his interest? cause if he left they may not go back to the conference finals.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Looks like we can all agree dude is overrated.

lakerboy

Just keeps jacking up shots.

existential

did you see what derozan did this year/playoffs? yeah the cavs beat'em up but the guy can get his shot no matter what.. honestly he is the future of that team. why not pay him to keep his interest? cause if he left they may not go back to the conference finals.
    a few reasons - he can't shoot the 3 and while he's not scared to drive the ball, he's inefficient finishing within the paint against better competition. he was also bad against the Heat even after Whiteside went out. i think the comment about making the conference finals is silly. yes, i understand that it's in context with the current state of the East, but the whole idea of being able to say you made the conference finals (with zero chance of actually winning it or the title itself) is a cop out.

i see the Raps front office as being more concerned about just putting out a competitive fun team that makes the playoffs for the fans, but not willing to make higher risk moves to truly become relevant. don't forget, they could've easily gone out in the 1st round again this year against the Pacers. and also against the Heat. that's why suddenly forgetting about the past and thinking that "we can likely make the conference finals going forward by just standing pat" bothers me.

i won't be surprised if/when the Raps get passed up by the Heat, Celtics, Pacers, and Hornets over the next couple seasons.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think he is too inconsistent he's deafly a good player but I would never pay him max

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

More proof that the NBA is fukking watered down. Derozan a max player...

JayDr3am
    Handi

a few reasons - he can't shoot the 3 and while he's not scared to drive the ball, he's inefficient finishing within the paint against better competition. he was also bad against the Heat even after Whiteside went out. i think the comment about making the conference finals is silly. yes, i understand that it's in context with the current state of the East, but the whole idea of being able to say you made the conference finals (with zero chance of actually winning it or the title itself) is a cop out.

i see the Raps front office as being more concerned about just putting out a competitive fun team that makes the playoffs for the fans, but not willing to make higher risk moves to truly become relevant. don't forget, they could've easily gone out in the 1st round again this year against the Pacers. and also against the Heat. that's why suddenly forgetting about the past and thinking that "we can likely make the conference finals going forward by just standing pat" bothers me.

i won't be surprised if/when the Raps get passed up by the Heat, Celtics, Pacers, and Hornets over the next couple seasons.
    but does him not being able to shoot the 3 extremely well really matter? .. he wont shoot a 3 all game but still drop 25+ points a game.. i think you may just have it out for derozan. the guy can play ball and get his shot against TOUGH teams

and why would you see that being the front offices concern?? thats the silliest thing i have ever heard. they shouldnt be an organization if their goal isnt to win a chip or to make advances to become relevant. in the beginning of the playoffs the raptors were noticeably better than the pacers and heat even w.o val. raptors wouldnt have went this far without DEROZAN. PAY THE MAN!

existential

but does him not being able to shoot the 3 extremely well really matter? .. he wont shoot a 3 all game but still drop 25+ points a game.. i think you may just have it out for derozan. the guy can play ball and get his shot against TOUGH teams
    yes, it matters a whole lot actually, especially for a max player who still needs to play on the wing and hit shots when he can't get past his man.

and why would you see that being the front offices concern?? thats the silliest thing i have ever heard.
    wait, what? since when do player personnel decisions not concern the front office? am i missing something here?

they shouldnt be an organization if their goal isnt to win a chip or to make advances to become relevant.
    that's exactly my point. i.e. they would NOT be making the right move here to accomplish that.

in the beginning of the playoffs the raptors were noticeably better than the pacers and heat even w.o val.
    really? they couldn't even win the 1st game of either series and never held a 2 game lead in either. why say things that aren't true?

JayDr3am
    Handi

yes, it matters a whole lot actually, especially for a max player who still needs to play on the wing and hit shots when he can't get past his man.

wait, what? since when do player personnel decisions not concern the front office? am i missing something here?

that's exactly my point. i.e. they would NOT be making the right move here to accomplish that.

really? they couldn't even win the 1st game of either series and never held a 2 game lead in either. why say things that aren't true?

it is true. they were noticeably better than the heat. so just because raptors couldnt win the 1st game of a series it makes them bad?? cmon bro. in that case then, golden state is fukkin terrible. cause golden state NEVER held a 1 or 2 game lead over OKC and golden state lost their first home game. what happens in game 1,2,3 doesnt matter.. it matters who comes out ontop and advances from the series. which the raptors did alll the way to conf. finals. but in 85% of those games leading to conf finals, if they didnt have derozan playing like he did, they wouldve lost in the 1st round. easy. THEY NEED derozan.

now if you were to rank the players in the nBA on skill level that want more money, derozan would go pretty low on that list. ill say that. you have to remember that you will NEVER get what you are worth, you get what you negotiate. thats business 101. if toronto wants to keep derozan, toronto is going to have to cough up some more money cause derozan understands how important he is to that team and i think toronto see's how important it is to keep him.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    More proof that the NBA is fukking watered down. Derozan a max player...
    Players are making so much money cause of cba rules. Nothing to do with watered down,

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What player doesnt want max money, you would too. Pro life doesnt last forever. Besides you always ask for the most possible going in and theyll negotiate somewhere. DeRozan is a pretty good player, mid range game is good, one of the better 2 guards in the league, but I wouldnt give him max, but its Toronto you get what you can, no one will ever leap at the chance to play there.
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave jtoler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What player doesnt want max money, you would too. Pro life doesnt last forever. Besides you always ask for the most possible going in and theyll negotiate somewhere. DeRozan is a pretty good player, mid range game is good, one of the better 2 guards in the league, but I wouldnt give him max, but its Toronto you get what you can, no one will ever leap at the chance to play there.
    exactly my point toler.

First 12