Mcducky
    Mcducky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

MIL Bucks +7

While I was doing most of my research, I liked the bucks to cover this game, but then I researched the line movement.

It looks like this game may have started anywhere from -1 NO to -4 NO (source: CBS, can anyone confirm?), and has moved all the way to -7 NO.

As i said I liked the Bucks previous to seeing that the line had moved either 3 or 6 points (depending on the source). I always worry when I see such large line moves.

My thoughts are, NO hasn't beat anybody soundly at home in a couple of weeks at least, they haven't been covering a lot of their larger spreads recently. NO did play @ MIL about a week ago and lost by 11 points, however Anthony Davis had a monster game. "The Pelicans shot 59 percent for the game, the highest Milwaukee has allowed all season, and 60 percent from 3-point range." Furthermore, I honestly think Milwaukee could win this game, so I tend to like taking underdogs that I could see winning straight up. They lost badly to Mephis, but MCW wasn't playing, and neither was Bayless, both will be playing tonight.

The things that worry me are Milwaukee has only won 3 of the last 10, the only notable one is WSH, and they have been generally been playing bad since the all star break. In addition NO is in a heated playoff race so they do need a win, while MIL is kind of stuck in 7th in the east, they are going to have a hard time moving up or down as long as they play OK from here on out, so I fear motivation.

Anyone have intelligent insight on why the line has moved and why they like NO to cover this game?

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I like MIL in the revenge spot. Historically NOP own the bucks winning 12 straight meetings when home. And 15 of the last 17 meets. It's even longer record if I go back further. Either way I say MIL because of their last meet MIL lost as usual... But at the end of the last meet MIL made a huge surge to take 1 point lead or got it within 1point before A.D. scored like the final 8 points or something. MIL literally didn't put any D on Anthony in that game. They let the "Eyebrow" get what ever he wanted. If MIL want's to win they will be all over A.D. tonight and force NOP into bad situations. MCW even mentioned this reasoning after losing 114-103 on 3/9/15.

Bigglefairy
    Bigglefairy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line opened at 7, I was eager for this as I loved Pelicans -7. Guys are overthinking this. Why bet against all trends and a good team making a playoff push?

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglefairy View Post
    The line opened at 7, I was eager for this as I loved Pelicans -7. Guys are overthinking this. Why bet against all trends and a good team making a playoff push?
    Winning is one thing, covering the spread is another. This is the kind of games NOP scrab by. Bucks ATS is the play IMHO.

Mcducky

I ended up taking MIL based on my logic above, before I received all the valuable input. Thanks for the help guys BOL on your future bets!

boydako13
    boydako13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1572

Nice hit Donald!

Mcducky

Thank you sir, now I'm hoping these flippers hold up!!