Smacksmiter
    Smacksmiter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy Birthday Ck! Congrats on making it another year in the business! Here's to you continuing to smash the books in the coming year!

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

bos line just out, -15 ?? Butler is expected to play, I think I play Was and buy point here to make it +16, WAS is 7-1 ATS in Boston

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is a high line - i was thinking around 13 with butler. bostons first game back after a 4 game west coast trip as well. no play for me, as i have a tough time going against boston at home.

williebob777
    williebob777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy birthday CK
    I got a couple of CBB I think needs to be looked over.
    I like Baylor and UCLA.
    Baylor has got too much offense. UCLA has got too much defense for OSU.
    Look it over and tell me what u think.

zackattack
    zackattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

15-9 IN BOWLS.......today its kentucky +3 (big) utah +10
    in the nba 2 huge plays.......den -7.5 lakers -9.5.......these plays are from a system that uses a formula based on teams that are not on back to back and both teams have to be at full strength......it has hit at a rate of 70% last year and is on a 10-2 run right now for this season. good luck to all and happy new year......also happy b-day ck

peterpan19

so far my card looks like this:
    ORL (maybe even the team total, 4-1 ATS, can score 100 pts too)
    NJ +whatever (reminds of the Cle/Mia game this week, NJ is 13-1 SU at home vs ATL, and they are getting points here, ATL played good but all of this games were at home, besides that game against the injured plagged Pacers)
    Char+ (5-1 ATS)
    Den - (5-2 ATS, Okc just had their win, at home they are not as good ATS as on the road, think denver wins it by 8)
    Was +(Butler back, long road trip for Bos just over, 7-1 ATS in Boston)

still thinking about: Por (if roy plays), Dal, Hou (Tor plays not very well right now, O'Neil likely out again)

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Thanks CK for the info,I just came to have my computer repaired.I will do what you advice to buy a point,and also to play the over of the Ind/Nyk game.(small play).I'm also planning to play sas -7, noh +2,den -7.5,pho-12 and cha +6.5,all small plays,additional parlays for all these 7 plays for $5. I hope these teams will cash in for me ,so it will be a very prosperous New Year! Happy New Year to all and Good Luck.

peterpan19

also took ole miss +5, GL to everyone
    NBA not final yet, still hoping to get more points for NJ and Char, might play Den soon

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

ck and dex, i'm with you guys heavy on utah+9' but i need your input. i capped ky to win by 10 and tex tech to win by 2 td's. are my capping skills that far off this day? am i missing some stats somewhere?

nonsense48

i think the ol' miss win over fla back in sept. was a fluke in that fla had a few missteps and possibly took ol' miss a bit too lightly. being that they beat fla i don't think tx tech will be as apt to take them lightly and will play them full bore and spank them. jmo but tell me yours

Dexter
    Update your status

nonsense - i'm playing bama, not utah. looks like we are opposite on all 3 games.

you were what, 4-1 yesterday? i should be asking you if my capping skills are off today. ha

-----------

booked play-

ole miss +4
    Last edited by Dexter; 01-02-09 at 11:11 AM.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

FINAL PLAYS
    *Orlando-8.5 (hottest team right now ride em till the wheels fall off)
    *Ole Miss +5 (could not resist the line movement)
    *Utah +10 BIG
    *Fakers -9

GL lets see if I dont wash again........

Smacksmiter

Just a note of caution regarding the TxTech/Mississippi game...took this off another site...

Crabtree is their top threat in the passing game. He's not 100%. He's still not able to get into and out of cuts on routes and still is getting the ankle iced after practices. Crabtree is from Carter HS in Oak Cliff, that would be the south side of Dallas to most. I've known him and his family since he was in middle school. As for Harrell still has bandages on his surgically repaired shattered fingers. He also sprained the thumb as well. While he takes snaps from the shotgun, I just don't see their offense being at the same levels health wise as they were against Texas or even Okie St. Comparing Baylor to Ol Miss is not fair to Ol Miss.

and this...

Rebels Rankings OFFENSERush Yds/Gm183.4(31st)Pass Yds/Gm215.3(59th)Total Yds/Gm398.7(38th)Average Pts/Gm30.8(38th)DEFENSERush Yds/Gm85.0(4th)Pass Yds/Gm209.8(60th)Total Yds/Gm294.8(14th)

Red Raiders Rankings OFFENSERush Yds/Gm118.9(94th)Pass Yds/Gm417.3(1st)Total Yds/Gm536.2(4th)Average Pts/Gm44.6(4th)DEFENSERush Yds/Gm133.5(44th)Pass Yds/Gm238.1(91st)Total Yds/Gm371.6(72nd)

One other item of note...the Cotton bowl surface is real grass...not some type of artificial turf...Tech is used to artificial turf and the grass surface should slow them down a bit...it will not make it easier on Crabtree's ankle as he will have an unstable surface to try to make his cuts on...no good.

Best of luck today...

BigMoneyMan
    BigMoneyMan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well lets get the year going right. I am taking Old Miss in the early game. I have one word for you SEC. You have to be extremely selective to bet against them in the bowl games. These guys are playing national caliber team each and every week. I did like East Carolina but as I just stated no way I bet against SEC. GL

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright College Basketball Parlay of the Day:

UC Riverside-3.5 (buy a point)
    Cal-3.5 (buy a point)
    San Diego-7 (no need)
    Marist-9.5
    UC Northridge-5.5 (buy a point)

$25.00 as always

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

CK,thanks again for your advice and info.May I ask if you already have your final plays for tonights nba game?

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Oh what a wonderful day today is. I am 41 years young, and I am still going strong!

Friday has a whole plate of games to wager on, but I must keep it slim as I have a game in mind that i am going to play heavy.

I like the Orlando squad a lot. They are beasts in the east, and are quietly filling the pockets of their backers. At this point of the season, I think that they are the best bet. They are a deep team, but their depth is being tested with the loss of the often injured Pietrus. No problem. Miami is a short team, and one that has overacheived to a certain degree despite that lack of height. The Magic are anything but that and with their height and talent they should win this one going away. After all, Miami is 1-4 straight up and 1-3-1 ats in games in Orlando, despite usual spreads of 11.5 in their last 4 games there.

Orlando-7.5 (Buying a point to get under the key)

The Celtics are up against the wall now losing to the Lakers, Golden State and Portland wrapped around a blowout win over the Kings. It's always a good idea to take a team when their stock is down, and with them faving Washington, this will be a tough test, as the Wizzards are playing some serious ball right now, and covering spreads against teams like Houston and New Orleans in consecutive games. This will be their 3rd straight game againt playoff caliber teams on the road. And ordinarily, they play Boston well in Beantown, going 4- straight up and ats. I am sure that Doc has had a chance to tweak a few things, and he is also very aware of Washington's record against them at home. The Wizards may just get Boston's finest effort of the year on Friday night, as they are on their 4th game in 6 days, and 3rd straight road game, the first two of which were in a different time zone. When teams have subpa records on an out of conference rod trip, they usually tear it up when they finally do get back home. Boston romps in a laugher.

Boston-8.5 (projected)

Styles is gonna go with Charlotte+8.5 with a point buy

As for College Football

Utah+10 (buying a hook) HEAVY

Mississippi+4.5 (If they can beat Florida at home, they can beat anyone)

celtics line at -14.5 what the fuk? Do you think replacing it with Cleveland -11.5 would be a good bet?

tlk23
    tlk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6860

I really like TT -4 and the Under at 67. I seem to be in the minority.

nonsense48

yes, i was 4-1 yesterday but today is another day my friend. i'm lock with tex tech-4 for a nickle. my big play will be later with utah+9' i like ky+3 also GOOD LUCK DEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    nonsense - i'm playing bama, not utah. looks like we are opposite on all 3 games.

you were what, 4-1 yesterday? i should be asking you if my capping skills are off today. ha

-----------

booked play-

ole miss +4

cocknocker

BigTuna,

In the future, please use just a snippet of the quote and not the whole thing. It makes the thread a lot longer than it needs to be! And yes, that Boston line is a lot steeper than I thought it would be, The linemaker totally had me fooled on that one. I may have to lay off of that one, although I have the Celtics winning by 20. I still don't like the highness of their line. The same goes for Clevelend. If anyone has noticed, the thing that I spoke upon with the linesfor Clevelan is already happening, and now they are no longer covering. If I get rid of the Boston game, I would have to replace it with Charlotte, as the Bucks are actually EXPECTED to win that game, and they never perform wel when they are expcted to perform well, you know what I mean? Charlotte is a much improved team and not supposed to be getting those kinds of points against what I view as an equal team in Milwaukee. Charlotte is 4-1 ats in games in Milwaukee, and that was when the spreads have averaged 8.5. The line was 4 their last trip to Brew Town and the Bobcats lost a squeeker 101-96 losing by 5. But the trade was fresh at that time. Now the players have had a chance to grasp Larry Brown's system and the Bobcats are for real now.

CHANGE OF PLAY

Charlotte+6.5

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK...Have a great B-Day big fella! I got love for West Coast.

cocknocker

NO BOSTON PLAY FOR ME TODAY. THE LINE IS TOO HIGH!

My card looks like this now:

Orlando-7.5
    Charlotte+6.5 The Missus already was taking this pick, so I'm following suit
    New Orleans+2.5 (1 point buy)*

College Football

Mississippi +4
    Utah+10 BIG

*Now I'm gonna speak on this and then I'm gonna leave it alone the rest of the day until gametime and then check back to look at the consensus. The Hornets have lost 5 straight games (and ats) to the Trailblazers in Portland. The Trailblazers already got their "excuse me" win against the Celtics without Roy on the floor. This is a perfect setup for the Hornets to walk out of the building with the win. Why? (Wangichu already know what I am about to say on this one). It is very hard to beat a team 6 consecutive times in any situation, especially a team with playoff aspirations and talent like the Hornets. True the Blazers have had their number, but with the big win against the Celtics, I think that they will have a let down of sorts. As most teams that have beaten the champs this year, have not covered in the following game for some reason. I am going to take advantage of that strange but true trend. Teams that have beaten the champs this year are 1-3 ats, with an only exception of the Lakers getting it done in the next game playing against who? You guessed it, the Warriors who beat the Celtics the previous night.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 01-02-09 at 12:51 PM.

Dexter
    Update your status

i dont think its a strange trend at all - makes sense to have a letdown after such a big win. good info...

the 4 teams that have beat the celts straight up, are 1-3 ats the following game. only the lakers won and covered. denver won su but didnt cover. pacers and warriors lost by double digits. i like this play....
    Last edited by Dexter; 01-02-09 at 12:41 PM.

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

happy birthday CK god bless, taking ole miss kentucky and utah in college football, taking orlando, rockets, nuggets and hawks in basketball, sorry dont have time today to write a full post got a big licensing test coming up gotta study

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, I said early that I would put a pick-gift to CK, eheheh:

IND +2.5

they really need this win!

gl all

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

just want to start off by saying happy birthday ck im with you on the two college picks liked them my self now that u are on them i like it even more like orlando, playing houston and the nuggets, also liking the over in the nets hawks game

nonsense48

CK, i'm tailing you in the nba this eve with orl-7' char+6' n.o.+2' plus hou-3' and den-8 if the lines stay the same until my book opens at 630pm eastern time. things may change. i'll post when i lock in. GOOD LUCK GANG

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmadden86 View Post
    happy birthday CK god bless, taking ole miss kentucky and utah in college football, taking orlando, rockets, nuggets and hawks in basketball, sorry dont have time today to write a full post got a big licensing test coming up gotta study
    which one? i have my 7, but its going to expire soon - never even took my 63...too lazy..haha

Smacksmiter

Ok... I will be tailing Ck on the Utah pick as I got it at 10.5...also playing Mississippi with a buy to +6 (was 5.5)...$500 on each.

8 point Basketball Teaser

Orlando -.5
    Cleveland -4.5
    Charlotte +14.5

$600 to win $500

Good luck!

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Tech line finally going up. The only reason the line had RLM was because of the questions on the health of Crabtree and Harrell. If they both come out healthy, this game will be over in the first half.

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK,

On the Hornets I have decided to do a no play. While researching I see to many things that lean towards Portland. They are 16-16 ATS all together however they are 10-5 at home ATS. They also play good after beating teams with a winning record(although Celtics may be the exception). Teams with their youthfulness and excitement can do what they do every night. Now if the Mavericks had just beat the Celtic this may be a different story. Ever since Steve Blake left Denver I have regretted watching him play. He has stepped up to be a respectable and clutch player. This game could easily go to CP3 and the Hornets and make me look like and idiot. But with it in my mind coming down to the last few possessions I am going to stay away from betting against the home team.

Two Questions CK,

What did you think of the Broncos firing Shanahan?

What are your thoughts on Denver tonight?(I smell blowout and am already locked but curious as to your thoughts)

Broncos

isteni
    isteni's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy Birthday CK!
    I'm new in this forum, but i see there are a lot of good picks here.
    My tips for today is Magic -8 and Knick -2. What do you think about it? I hope Ind will continue there losing run, and they are really weak on road.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pronk who you like today

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Locked in Texas Tech. report is that Crabtree and Harrell are 100%. If its true they will roll.

First 12345 Last