MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Are in-game live bets the way to go in the NBA?

Just thought of this after taking OKC +11 and ML for +550 when they were down early in the 2nd quarter.....of course anything could happen, but my bets are looking really good value-wise here at half.

Of course they could be getting blown out, but overall I feel like I hit much more live bets over the long haul.

Anyone else strictly bet live after getting a feel for the game, or find that they are more profitable betting live?

Just a thought.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Forgot to mention the opportunities to hedge live.....even if you take a bet before the game starts.

With the way teams can go on crazy runs throughout the game, hedging live can be very profitable if you play it smart.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I agree 100%. Lots of people spend hours here "handicapping" and once the game starts you can get great numbers live (I got Thunder +11.5 live). I love seeing teams jump out to big leads cos you can be sure that teams more often than not make a run back.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Yup. Within 5 minutes in the 3rd to 4th quarters, Boston ML was available at +180 and Miami at +170

$100 on each guarantees a $70 profit. Not bad, huh?

Picked up OKC at +285ish, will hedge it out if they can get a lead

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    I agree 100%. Lots of people spend hours here "handicapping" and once the game starts you can get great numbers live (I got Thunder +11.5 live). I love seeing teams jump out to big leads cos you can be sure that teams more often than not make a run back.
    Yeah, I'm much more of a "feel" bettor anyway so Live bets are really beneficial in that way.....I know all you number crunchers don't think guys like us can win, but I do alright for myself. Nothing against you guys either, as I use alot of your information for my bets too sometimes.

But anyway, I definitely agree with you. Good luck on our bets

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone that tells you one is always better than the other doesn't know what they're talking about. It really depends on your initial position on the game. It wouldn't have worked yesterday in the Mavs game, but it came up big today. I play pregame lines when i'm confident but always watch the live lines either way for value.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Anyone that tells you one is always better than the other doesn't know what they're talking about. It really depends on your initial position on the game. It wouldn't have worked yesterday in the Mavs game, but it came up big today. I play pregame lines when i'm confident but always watch the live lines either way for value.
    I do the same, but I was just wondering if others on here feel they are more profitable betting live....I know for sure I am. Call me a shitty capper, but hey whatever makes the money, right?

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

what sites offer good live lines?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

U.S. needs a book like European books that offer this for every game during the season.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DaProfessor23 View Post
    what sites offer good live lines?
    I just got money on 5 dimes and I love it so far.....every commercial break they offer new live odds on ML, spread, over unders, total team points, etc......I haven't really messed around with other sports yet, but as far as I can tell they offer plenty of live bets on NHL and MLB too

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

I do the same, but I was just wondering if others on here feel they are more profitable betting live....I know for sure I am. Call me a shitty capper, but hey whatever makes the money, right?
    Live betting is just as dependent on your capping skills over the long term for profitability. You don't always get such a huge advantage on the better team.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Live betting is just as dependent on your capping skills over the long term for profitability. You don't always get such a huge advantage on the better team.
    You're probably right, but it works for me more often than not......mostly because of the chances for hedging

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Yea live betting ain't easy and one can lose alot if the don't bet value especially in tennis.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

You're probably right, but it works for me more often than not......mostly because of the chances for hedging
    That's where the money is at. Last season I had the Warriors as almost +2000 dogs in Boston and bet the Celtics in the 2H at -150. It's the bet that made me love live betting.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Personally I suck at live betting and should ban myself from it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

That's where the money is at. Last season I had the Warriors as almost +2000 dogs in Boston and bet the Celtics in the 2H at -150. It's the bet that made me love live betting.
    Yeah man.....just before I took Memphis -140.......I also have Thunder +550 and Thunder +11 points

I'm winning either way, but still rooting for Thunder

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I bet a lot of people saw value taking the Lakers when they were down 15......they ended up losing by 30.

It can go either way.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I bet a lot of people saw value taking the Lakers when they were down 15......they ended up losing by 30.

It can go either way.
    I agree you gotta pick your spots......Lakers getting blown out was a little easier to see being down 3-0 and Mavs shooting lights out

I actually had Mavs before the game started yesterday and just rolled with that....

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Good point. Live betting is a good way to hedge at times but you're right, you have to pick your spots.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I took OKC live at +11.5 as well. It's paying off, but it was it was solely a "feel" play. I agree that live bets are better for hedging because of the potential to get caught up in the action and lose big in the long run.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Happy to say that the live lines have helped me lately.. Including getting OKC tonight ML at +220 and +310 in the 2nd quarter.... Wanted to hit the over 194 after Q1 but laid off... hedged 20% back at the start of O.T to not get buried...

Fact of the matter is though, I've given ALOT back to the books chasing live, and that's the point... Sure you get one tonight, even tomorrow... But one day soon, likely drunk and full of confidence, you'll start chasing a bad line that buries you ... Had you just hit it before the closer you'd just take a unit in the ass instead of 5 or 10...

Despite saying all that... I enjoy predicting the momentum swings in Hoops moreso than ANY other sport...

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do this in hockey, you can get both teams ML at +$$ and win either way..