Draynay
    Draynay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

California Chrome the Derby favorite ? HUH ?

California Chrome is good.... but not that good. Running down Better Bet at 36 to 1 and running away from Midnight Hawk who beat Kristo in a 4 horse race and running away from Dublin Up at 31 to 1 who never won any race any where is not a big deal. Who is better ?

Wildcat Red
    Cairo Prince
    Constitution are all better than California Chrome .... I can't even imagine California Chrome getting by Wildcat Red.

Let me remind you Bayern beat California WINNERS by 15 and then lost to 2 horses that haven't won a race all year. That is how bad California racing is this year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Wildcat Red could not get the distance at the Florida Derby. How can you expect him to go the distance in Kentucky? Cairo Pricen was much worse than that. Florida Horses are generally very weak this year. I wil give Constitution a shot against Chrome, but no one else. This is why you East coast guys lose so much money. You are way too biased. California racing is much, much better than Florida racing.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I think you should start another thread tommorow and every day up until the derby Dranay, make sure everyone at SBR knows that you dont like California Chrome.

Draynay

California racing is a complete joke and Kristo proved that when he ran a bullet work in California and shipped to NY and got whipped by 20 lengths and came in 7th. In California he was hitting the board in Stakes races.... comes to NY and gets creamed. Wake up.

Draynay

How on earth can you just ignore the lack of any speed horses in California ? The complete lack of talent ? One decent horse and you think he is all that.... it is amazing. California Chrome has NO SHOT of hitting the board..... NONE.

Slimpickens

Who are you arguing with? Did someone at SBR say they were unloading on CC?

Draynay

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Who are you arguing with? Did someone at SBR say they were unloading on CC?
    Everyone is saying he is going to be the favorite.... for the life of me I can't figure out why.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

CC was also the last stakes winner at Hollywod Park, wouldnt that make a good media story

Slimpickens

CC has run the fastest figures and has been the most visually impressive.

Draynay

Visually impressive running down Better Bet ? Dublin Up ? What happened to Kristo when he went East ? What happened to Tamarando who won a Stakes race in California and shipped to Kentucky and got whipped badly by a horse that finished 8th in the FOY. Kristo lost by 20 lengths after placing in back to back California Stakes races. Racing in California is simply horrible and because 1 horse is better than average he is the Derby winner ? Who on earth has he beaten ? Let me answer for you.... nothing. CC will face much tougher horse on a real track... he doesn't have a chance of even hitting the board.

Slimpickens

This is a very weak crop of 3 year old's IMO. Who has anybody really beat at this point? I guess Wicked Strong will probably be 2nd or 3rd choice in the derby and he got a perfect setup on a track favoring outside closers in the Wood Memorial.

Draynay

This is a very weak crop of 3 year old's IMO. Who has anybody really beat at this point? I guess Wicked Strong will probably be 2nd or 3rd choice in the derby and he got a perfect setup on a track favoring outside closers in the Wood Memorial.
    Who has anyone beat ? Constitution beat the Hutcheson and FOY winner in the Florida Derby and in his prior race he beat the Wood winner by more than 6 lengths. It is a very weak crop outside of Florida !!! Horses that can't win in Florida are shipping out and winning everywhere. The first 4 finishers in the Florida Derby are clearly the best horses in the country. Focus on them and skip the rest.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem with Wicked Strong is there hasn't been a very good showing in the Derby by Wood Memorial horses lately. Normandy Invasion was the best showing in years and that only was 4th.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Imo it's not that weak, it's just there is no great horse this crop as of yet.Combined the 3 year olds are very deep compared to the last several years.In previous years there were about 3 or 4 A+ horses and then a bunch of Cs.This year there are like 15 B+ horses but no As.

It sets up for a very chaotic triple crown.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Imo it's not that weak, it's just there is no great horse this crop as of yet.Combined the 3 year olds are very deep compared to the last several years.In previous years there were about 3 or 4 A+ horses and then a bunch of Cs.This year there are like 15 B+ horses but no As.

It sets up for a very chaotic triple crown.
    That means there is gonna be some good money to be made as a gambler.

Draynay

What on earth does Constitution have to do be an A horse ? He is the only horse in the race that can win the Derby undefeated.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
    What on earth does Constitution have to do be an A horse ? He is the only horse in the race that can win the Derby undefeated.
    You say CC hasn't proved anything yet a horse that was neck and neck with Wildcat Red after a perfect trip did?

To answer your question how about win somewhere besides Gulfstream for starters.

Draynay

You mean the same Wildcat Red who won the Hutcheson, FOY and without Constitution would have won the Florida Derby ??? How many horses in the last 50 years have won all 3 of those races ???

Constitution ran one of the fastest last 1/4 miles on dirt in all the prep races and did while squeezed on a rail with little room to run. You will see Constitution win outside of Florida let me know when CC wins anything outside of California. If CC is anything like Zenyatta, Game on Dude or Lava Man he has little shot of doing anything in the Derby.

mikemca
    Update Status

For the record I don't like CC

Draynay

For the record I don't like CC
    For the record I don't blame you. But remember this .... the king of Florida is Constitution and most prep races have been won by horses coming out of Florida.

mikemca
    Update Status

Maybe but you're treating horses like machines.Horse A beat horse B so horse A is better than anyone horse B beat.It doesn't work like that.They go through form cycles,go bad,aren't fully cranked, or a billion other things.

I think the best horses are coming out of Florida but it's Social Inclusion and if you consider Wicked Strong coming out of Florida.

Imo Constitution is not winning the Derby in his 4th lifetime start and even more his odds in that race are going to be about $20 short of what they should be.He may turn in to a beast later in the year if jumping into the Derby doesn't ruin him.

Draynay

If Big Brown can do it.... so can Constitution he is simply too fast and he ran 400 yards past the wire at the Florida Derby and seems to be one of the few looking forward to 1 1/4.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Big Brown can do it.... so can Constitution he is simply too fast and he ran 400 yards past the wire at the Florida Derby and seems to be one of the few looking forward to 1 1/4.
    Well that ends the Constitution talk.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ff-derby-trail

mikemca
    Update Status

now let all the embellishing begin

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

now let all the embellishing begin

lol

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post

lol
    Was just googling "horse Constitution perfect trip(fewest feet traveled) in every race he's run) and it came up he got hurt.

I guess that solved that.

It's like a broken record every year.Pletcher ruins his top 3 year olds by cranking them up too much during the winter.He needs to take notes from Kiaran,Shug,Mott, and Motion.

Slimpickens

What did I tell ya about gambling gods. Dick.

Draynay

This leaves no one who can beat

What did I tell ya about gambling gods. Dick.
    Cairo Prince. You could not ask for a better trainer and he is working great coming into the Derby. A great foundation, has raced in large fields, comes from just off the pace, and has a win at 3 different tracks.

Draynay

I hope a really talented Constitution makes it back for the HASKELL. Get well soon !!!